• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN NFL Headline: "Odds against Seahawks becoming a dynasty"

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds against Seahawks becoming dynasty - ESPN

Here is a quick summary:

ESPN writer Jeffri Chadiha writes an article on why the Seahawks are not going to become a dynasty despite having a fantastic young team. He cites the 2010 Packers as his main reason as to why it is improbable.

Feel free to give it a read. I do my best to remain unbiased, but IMO this article is a huge, stinking pile of shit. If any team is poised to be a dynasty, it's the Seahawks. We won the Superbowl in convincing fashion and have one of the NFL's youngest rosters and we retain most of the starters from a defensive unit that will likely go down as one of the best in NFL history.

In the comment section, someone posted the following:

"Give Pete Carroll about one year before he starts realizing the mistake he just made. By that time, he'll be wondering why he resigned from USC to become head coach of the Seattle Seahawks." - Jeff Chadiha Originally Published: January 11, 2010

Quoted from this article:

NFL: Pete Carroll destined to fail as Seattle Seahawks head coach - ESPN

In which he stated that Pete Carroll and the NFL are a "lousy fit"

Perhaps Carroll denied him an interview, because the guy obviously has something against the Seahawks.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna post that Pete Carroll on the NFL Board. That Jeffri Chadiha is ridiculous. When you write an article that insulting towards a person and it turns out you are completely wrong...you have to come out and own up to it

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salary caps and FA markets of the league make it very difficult to have anything that resembles the dominance of the dynasties of the past. If you can win 2 SB's in 4-5 years are you doing something special anymore.

Add the difficulty of playing in the NFC West with two other teams that likely could win most any other division in football if we weren't in it and the road to HFA each year is radically harder for us than other teams in the NFC on a roll.

I don't tend to get too jacked up either way on these kinds of stories. They could say we are a lock to have a dynasty and I'd feel the same. Well almost anyway. :whistle:

Carroll is terrible, Seattle doesn't have the infrastructure to win, Wilson is too short, you can't win the SB with such a young team with no prior SB experience, you can't have a dynasty in this era.

Pick your quote and put them all in perspective.

I just want to see them continue to build as much quality and depth into the lineup as they can and push the make the playoffs every year. We will see what shape the team is in with injuries each year and take it from there.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's NFL silly season right now in ful swing as they made this stupid call of delaying the draft till May.

And when it comes to these hacks at corporate channels like ESPN who want to create news instead of reporting it and that sports would exist without them, it's like the scene in the movie Blazing Saddles. Where the governor is meeting with his staff and talking about how they got to come up with all this BS to "protect our phony baloney jobs". That's what this article is. A sports writer harrumphing to make a check even if it's total nonsense.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy also said Denver would win the Super Bowl, his reasoning essentially being because Denver. His "articles" say a lot about his mental prowess, or lack thereof...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this article and the first thing came to my mind was who was calling the Seahawks a dynasty? I don't ever remember any of us calling for a dynasty after 1 Super Bowl win. This guy comes off looking like an angry moron.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this article and the first thing came to my mind was who was calling the Seahawks a dynasty? I don't ever remember any of us calling for a dynasty after 1 Super Bowl win. This guy comes off looking like an angry moron.

Exactly. Then haters make comments like "All you Seahawk fans need to win more than 1 to call yourself a dynasty" It's not us, it's the idiot author Jeffri.

Then haters scream stuff like, you guys are such homers, bandwagon, so sensitive, hate it when others don't call your team the best, get over yourselves…..etc"

In reality, I can't stand the ignorance that posters post. :lame:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have the best shot at a dynasty since the early 2000 Patriots… Were young and our core is intact … We also have a young qb who's only gonna improve his craft… People forget Wilson just completed his 2nd year… Unreal when you think about it… Plus our D is gonna be one of the best if not the best in the league again… LOB is back in full attack mode… Just improve in a couple areas in the draft and we have a dam good shot to repeat…

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Amazing defenses are a lot harder to sustain over the long term than amazing offenses (mostly because a great QB cab single-handedly give the offense a chance at being great with a little help). If Wilson can take the next step up, Seattle will probably be right back in the SB hunt IMO. But last year, the best thing about Seattle was easily on the other side of the ball.

Arizona's defense is starting to look pretty nasty too, so there could be some competition for the best D in the west. The Niners' defense is trending downwards IMO (I'm hoping that changes on draft day).

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing defenses are a lot harder to sustain over the long term than amazing offenses (mostly because a great QB cab single-handedly give the offense a chance at being great with a little help). If Wilson can take the next step up, Seattle will probably be right back in the SB hunt IMO. But last year, the best thing about Seattle was easily on the other side of the ball.

Arizona's defense is starting to look pretty nasty too, so there could be some competition for the best D in the west. The Niners' defense is trending downwards IMO (I'm hoping that changes on draft day).

Arizona's defense is going to be a force no doubt, but I'd take Kaepernick over Palmer. As long as he is heading up that offense I don't take them as a viable threat to the division. Capable of upsetting any of our teams? Of course. Dangerous and should be taken seriously, but string together enough wins to pass either of us up? Not without some bad injuries for one of us.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness, don't forget the Cards lost Karlos Dansby. That is absolutely huge when it comes to the SB Champs. Dansby was pretty much the reason they won in Seattle last year.

I still see Seattle and SF as the top 2 teams in the NFL next year. Everyone else is obviously 2nd tier.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team with Carson Palmer QBing has a puncher's chance to scare you in ONE game, but to make a serious run in the playoffs, he is more capable of throwing a 4 INT game then a 3 TD game at this point in his career and their running game is still a work in progress.

SEA and SF is tier 1

ARZ and STL is tier 2

The entire NFC East is like tier 6.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Odds are against any team becoming a dynasty in today's NFL not just the Seahawks.

IMO teams have a better grasp at managing the salary cap and working the draft and it's lead to more competitive teams and less of the ability to dominate like you could in previous years.

That's not to say there isn't some idiots running teams *cough* Cowboys *cough* but that it seems like there isn't as many cap problems or total busts in the draft.

For the Seahawks themselves their reality is:

They play in the toughest division in football which seems like it's only going to get tougher.

Guys they have on the cheap are going to look to get paid soon.

Now that they won and have had some sustained success all eyes are going to be on their blue print and teams are going to be looking for ways to beat it and ways to copy it. So they are going to have a tougher time being ahead of the curve and getting steals like Richard Sherman.

Of course they can be a dynasty they just have a really tough road ahead to do it.