• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Elite Eight (Day 1)

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o/u on acceptable length of time one can wear a regional championship hat if your team doesnt win it all..... i say the following season only.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin will beat Kentucky if they shoot anything close to how they did today. Kentucky was VERY LUCKY to beat Notre Dame who had very few turnovers (which is what Wisconsin does well).
If Wisconsin shoots like they did tonight, they could beat anyone. On the other hand, ND is one Hell of a team, that played a nearly flawless game across the board, and it still wasn't quite enough. UK and the Badgers both have reason to be confident

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin shoots like they did tonight, they could beat anyone. On the other hand, ND is one Hell of a team, that played a nearly flawless game across the board, and it still wasn't quite enough. UK and the Badgers both have reason to be confident

But that's just not true. They basically had to stand there and let towns score. The area we thought would be a problem for ND really was the issue. They lacked size and depth.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's just not true. They basically had to stand there and let towns score. The area we thought would be a problem for ND really was the issue. They lacked size and depth.
Who on Wiscy will guard KAT? I give ND credit for a great game, but UK missed several shots in the paint tonight, at least 8-10. I'm the first to admit that the Badgers could beat UK, but if the Wildcats shoot the ball well, no one is beating them IMO

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who on Wiscy will guard KAT? I give ND credit for a great game, but UK missed several shots in the paint tonight, at least 8-10. I'm the first to admit that the Badgers could beat UK, but if the Wildcats shoot the ball well, no one is beating them IMO

Yeah, they missed a LOT of shots.. then got their won rebound and put it back. You're probably right. With all that size, if their guards have a good night they're tough. But that's just it... it's so hit or miss w/your guards.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they missed a LOT of shots.. then got their won rebound and put it back. You're probably right. With all that size, if their guards have a good night they're tough. But that's just it... it's so hit or miss w/your guards.
Agree 100%. UK is unbeaten, not unbeatable. I've seen them on nights against Texas A@M, LSU, and now ND, that Wiscy could have beaten them, as well as Duke, and maybe a few others. I've also seen them against Kansas, UNC and UC when there's not a chance in Hell that anyone could beat them. Wiscy presents a lot of different problems than ND, but they may not match up as well against UK. The ND big men didn't post up and score on UK. They spaced them out, then ND's quick guards took them off the dribble, and either kicked for the 3, or had their big men get clean put backs when our shot blockers converged. If the Badgers guards can't break down UK off the dribble, scoring will be tougher for them to come by. But that's on one end of the court. I didn't see anyone from Wisconsin that could guard KAT. If Booker and the Twins are shooting well, I think UK will be very tough for them to stop

Last edited:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. UK is unbeaten, not unbeatable. I've seen them on nights against Texas A@M, LSU, and now ND, that Wiscy could have beaten them, as well as Duke, and maybe a few others. I've also seen them against Kansas, UNC and UC when there's not a chance in Hell that anyone could beat them. Wiscy presents a lot of different problems than ND, but they may not match up as well against UK. The ND big men didn't post up and score on UK. They spaced them out, then ND's quick guards took them off the dribble, and either kicked for the 3, or had their big men get clean put backs when our shot blockers converged. If the Badgers guards can't break down UK off the dribble, scoring will be tougher for them to come by. But that's on one end of the court. I didn't see anyone from Wisconsin that could guard KAT. If Booker and the Twins are shooting well, I think UK will be very tough for them to stop

But that's just it. UK has a really good post player in towns and the rest of your bigs are good as well, but I think it stops there. Your guards are VERY average.. even at a college level. If you guys lose, it's not going to be beause your bigs let you down. It's going to be because our guards couldn't do anything.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always thought Notre Dame was the "scare game" because of the match-up. Notre Dame is quicker and drives the lane and finds the open man for the 3. Wisconsin is not that team and Dekker will not be making those 3's because he will be shooting over bigger guys. Kaminsky will be taken to the hoop all night long. Kentucky has way more team speed and we will be seeing a lot of transition points. Culley-Stein will be beating Kaminsky down the court for some slams. Focus on taking Dekker out of the game and Kentucky wins this one going away.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Notre Dame was the "scare game" because of the match-up. Notre Dame is quicker and drives the lane and finds the open man for the 3. Wisconsin is not that team and Dekker will not be making those 3's because he will be shooting over bigger guys. Kaminsky will be taken to the hoop all night long. Kentucky has way more team speed and we will be seeing a lot of transition points. Culley-Stein will be beating Kaminsky down the court for some slams. Focus on taking Dekker out of the game and Kentucky wins this one going away.
I think WCS will guard Dekker and KAT will guard Kaminsky

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WCS will guard Dekker and KAT will guard Kaminsky

I would keep WCS and KAT inside. I want my shot blockers close to the hoop. When Kaninsky goes outside, WCS can go with him and leave KAT inside to insure the rebounding and shot blocking advantage. Dekker gets a lot of offensive rebounds because he goes to the hoop when someone else is driving the lane. Platoon Lyles and Lee on Dekker and run that boy hard. Keeping Lyles and Lee to his inside will end all that.