• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli & the Giants accused of passing off "fake" gear.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything comes of this, Mara will say he had no idea it was going on and the team will be safe.

Sure wish he would get kicked in the balls by it though. Hate that mofo.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Mara is such a phony. I hope ther e is a fine. If this is proven true then Eli has violated the NFL conduct policy and should be suspended.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Mara is such a phony. I hope ther e is a fine. If this is proven true then Eli has violated the NFL conduct policy and should be suspended.

nah, suspending him is too harsh.

they should just give the Giants two years of cap penalties equal to what Eli makes :evil:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it would depend on who made the actual money involved, but this could loosely violate the CBA as it was team resources and team employees involved.

But in reality Mara and by extension the team will be protected from this on an NFL level. Now on a federal level, Eli could be in a little trouble over this. Knowingly passing off forgeries and it crossing state lines through the postal system is where they get the racketeering part from.

But I like the cap penalty idea. :D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When reached for comment, Eli said "Aww Shucks"...

Eli is a pretty rich guy. I'm hoping he isn't that dumb, but who knows. It sure seems most of the info came from or through the equipment guys. My guess (obviously I have no idea) is that if there was fraud that they were the ones committing it, or the whole law suit is BS, but let's see how it plays out...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article

Included in the lawsuit is a 2008 e-mail exchange between Inselberg and Joe Skiba, in which Skiba appears to acknowledge he created fake game-worn gear at Manning’s request.

“Hey Joe, my buddy was offered an eli game used helmet and jersey. Are these the bs ones eli asked you to make up because he didnt want to give up the real stuff?” Inselberg writes in the exchange.

Skiba — replying from account “[email protected]” — writes, “BS ones, you are correct…”

Sounds like they have a case to me.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reap what you sow

Fuck Mara

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article

Included in the lawsuit is a 2008 e-mail exchange between Inselberg and Joe Skiba, in which Skiba appears to acknowledge he created fake game-worn gear at Manning’s request.

“Hey Joe, my buddy was offered an eli game used helmet and jersey. Are these the bs ones eli asked you to make up because he didnt want to give up the real stuff?” Inselberg writes in the exchange.

Skiba — replying from account “[email protected]” — writes, “BS ones, you are correct…”

Sounds like they have a case to me.

Case against who? That email isn't from Eli and even the equipment guy only says they are BS, he takes no ownership over the fakes becoming available for sale. It's the other guy that brings up the Eli aspect which is technically ignored in the response. By the way, how many of your emails from 2008 do you have? I just don't see Eli being in the middle of this. Again, I have no clue, but how could he be that stupid when he makes as much money as he does?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case against who? That email isn't from Eli and even the equipment guy only says they are BS, he takes no ownership over the fakes becoming available for sale. It's the other guy that brings up the Eli aspect which is technically ignored in the response. By the way, how many of your emails from 2008 do you have? I just don't see Eli being in the middle of this. Again, I have no clue, but how could he be that stupid when he makes as much money as he does?

Because for Eli it isn't about the money, it is about the memorabilia from his games. He can still look like a good guy making donations, but keep the real stuff for himself.

But NFL fans think Romo is a dickbag for no reason.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because for Eli it isn't about the money, it is about the memorabilia from his games. He can still look like a good guy making donations, but keep the real stuff for himself.

OK, I guess I can see that aspect. He gets to give suff away publicly, buit really keep it for himself in his basement or office. Still sounds dumb, but what fraud doesn't sound dumb when you read about it I guess. I think this hurts the game if true, so although I've already sent the email to about 10 Giant fan friends as a dig, I do hope it turns out to not be true...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I guess I can see that aspect. He gets to give suff away publicly, buit really keep it for himself in his basement or office. Still sounds dumb, but what fraud doesn't sound dumb when you read about it I guess. I think this hurts the game if true, so although I've already sent the email to about 10 Giant fan friends as a dig, I do hope it turns out to not be true...

I'd bet this happens way more than we think.

But bad news and crap happening to Mara makes me happy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is anyone who buys any of this memorabilia is nuts. How the heck do you ever know if it's real? Because the signature looks legit? People make fake $100 bills, they can't make a signature look real? Which reminds me, anyone watch Pawn Stars? Love that show when people come in asking for like $5,000 for something and leave with like $150...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJJ has some worn panties for sale HAHAHHAHAHAA

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically Ignored?? Dude .. He says "BS ones, you are correct…”

That is not being ignored ....that is hanging yourself.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I do have some cool signed memorabilia.
I watched the players sign so I know it's real but I don't have anything saying it is...just me

anyways, it's not for sale and expect my son's to fight like hell when I'm gone