• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Edelman carted off the field

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon Sharpe and whoever else was with him the other day (Skip Bayless maybe) said they think it would go to 2 pre season games and 18 regular season ones.

Even with that said, not really sure why he was playing in the game..

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon Sharpe and whoever else was with him the other day (Skip Bayless maybe) said they think it would go to 2 pre season games and 18 regular season ones.

Even with that said, not really sure why he was playing in the game..

Of course he was in the game; it's the third preseason game. Injuries happen, whether it's the preseason or not. Playing (or not) in fear of them is pointless.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he was in the game; it's the third preseason game. Injuries happen, whether it's the preseason or not. Playing (or not) in fear of them is pointless.

True

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Carr - predictably- is waived

@rmilia1

ldMk6.gif

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this juts means my main man austin carr gets in the mix

Edelman’s injury does not guarantee Carr a roster spot, but Carr’s chances of making the team have just increased dramatically. The Patriots need a new fifth receiver, and Carr’s skillset perfectly fills in the void left behind by Edelman. Like Edelman, Carr is an undersized slot receiver who runs really good routes and can make tough catches in the middle of the field and in traffic. There’s a reason the Patriots were so eager to snap up Carr after he went undrafted.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Patriots back-end receiver depth is thin. Veteran Andrew Hawkins was on the Patriots’ practice squad, but he announced his retirement earlier this year. The Pats still have Devin Lucien, who spent most of the season on the practice squad last season. In preseason, Lucien has had 4 catches for 40 yards. Carr has caught 11 passes for 105 yards and a touchdown. If Carr could throw in one more solid preseason performance, the spot could be his.

I'm with you. I think Carr is the replacement. He'll start out slow with limited plays but as the season progresses and he learns the entire playbook, builds chemistry with TB and can be trusted to get a block he becomes the answer.
Go Pats

I liked what I saw from Carr as well, but unfortunately he was released. I wonder if he'll clear waivers and if BB will sign him to the practice squad if he does?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw from Carr as well, but unfortunately he was released. I wonder if he'll clear waivers and if BB will sign him to the practice squad if he does?
Yep, a swing and a miss by me. BB what the heck are you thinking disagreeing with me:mad2:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wont clear waivers.

Im more shocked they kept hollister over oshaughnessy.