• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic: WHAT THE F**K !?!?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need one of you to get your asses down to the tap room and get me a case of their India Pale Ale!

And the Stout!

I wondered why I couldn't find any of their beer around here anymore.

Dammit.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need one of you to get your asses down to the tap room and get me a case of their India Pale Ale!

And the Stout!

I wondered why I couldn't find any of their beer around here anymore.

Dammit.
Well that's a bummer....

I really do like the Steam. That and some of their others are still widely available here in the City and over in Marin & the East Bay.
But there's currently a glut of craft beers, especially here in Cali. Many options to choose from.

That said....hopefully a new buyer or group steps forward...and pray this time they'll grasp what craft brewing is all about.
Just keep it local or regional..and forget those other markets.

Last edited:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of WTF, where is Mays?

Is he done with us?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesn’t bale for good, but if he does, it is his doing. We all haze each other (and get hazed). If you can dish it, but can’t take it…

:noidea:
IIRC, I took a break about a decade ago for a couple months. Mental health.

I take it much less seriously now.

(except during GDTs)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, your beer thread is an off topic in a team specific baseball thread so . . .
I was tempted to delete/move it, but I decided to be nice and just modify the title instead.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One less Republican on here so I'm not bothered. He's hijacked my beer thread so...
I was going to move past your political statement but I've changed my mind.

pachyderm, I love having you as a member of this forum but you, from my perspective, seem to think that we all think alike on everything here. We don't. Heck, even though we are all Giants' fans, we argue a lot about so many different aspects of the team. Politics rarely gets played on here, with exceptions from some members of the board. From what I can gather from different statements made over the course of years, this is not a homogeneous group politically. Not even close.

I wouldn't want you to leave this board but if you are looking for a group of Giants' fans that hold to every single political viewpoint that you have, you may need to go elsewhere.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to move past your political statement but I've changed my mind.

pachyderm, I love having you as a member of this forum but you, from my perspective, seem to think that we all think alike on everything here. We don't. Heck, even though we are all Giants' fans, we argue a lot about so many different aspects of the team. Politics rarely gets played on here, with exceptions from some members of the board. From what I can gather from different statements made over the course of years, this is not a homogeneous group politically. Not even close.

I wouldn't want you to leave this board but if you are looking for a group of Giants' fans that hold to every single political viewpoint that you have, you may need to go elsewhere.
I stand by my statement and we all, even I, the village idiot, know that board doesn't exist.

And generally speaking I don't care if anyone is aligned differently than me politically but let's face it, died in the wool frump supporters are the ones I can't tolerate. That's why I blocked him and several others from around the board.

Most of you guys seem to be a tolerable lot. ;)

Also, I'm glad you said something.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my statement and we all, even I, the village idiot, know that board doesn't exist.

And generally speaking I don't care if anyone is aligned differently than me politically but let's face it, died in the wool frump supporters are the ones I can't tolerate. That's why I blocked him and several others from around the board.

I'd say you are obviously new here, but that's not true. . .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was/is too outspoken on this board on political topics. And I have spoken to him PRIVATELY about that.

But make no mistake. You are not far from his equal on that front. And there are a few others here who, on occasion, step too far over the line (I am certainly not without sin myself on this front).

But flat out calling out one party or the other, HERE, has really only been done by 2 people.

And that stops NOW.

Read the forum rules. We are tolerant of occasionally touching on political topics WHEN IT CROSSES OVER WITH THE GIANTS. But even then, the topic needs to be squashed quickly. We are all adults here, so I will not define that more concisely. But this is a civil board. We have posted with each other for almost 15 years (most of us). If I fear that is threatened in some way, you best believe I will do what is best for the community as a whole. Please don’t put me in that situation.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was/is too outspoken on this board on political topics. And I have spoken to him PRIVATELY about that.

But make no mistake. You are not far from his equal on that front. And there are a few others here who, on occasion, step too far over the line (I am certainly not without sin myself on this front).

But flat out calling out one party or the other, HERE, has really only been done by 2 people.

And that stops NOW.

Read the forum rules. We are tolerant of occasionally touching on political topics WHEN IT CROSSES OVER WITH THE GIANTS. But even then, the topic needs to be squashed quickly. We are all adults here, so I will not define that more concisely. But this is a civil board. We have posted with each other for almost 15 years (most of us). If I fear that is threatened in some way, you best believe I will do what is best for the community as a whole. Please don’t put me in that situation.
You know which party I haven't seen called out on this forum? The Peace & Freedom Party. And those folks need to be called out. They are behind all that is wrong with this country. Them and the lizard people. Oh, and Sasquatch. He pulls all the strings behind the scenes. A real jerk, I've heard. Something about wanting his land back.