• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My off-season wishlist

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, with only 16 million in free space and 7 million going to rookies, there is not a lot we can do. I would start off by cutting Logan Thomas (5.2 mil in savings)), My dream scenario would be trading Payne for two firsts and freeing up his cap space. As usual, I would also like to trade down in the first and see about getting another first in 2024 to accompany the pick we get in 2023.

I would look at Andre Dillard (LT). spotrac does not have a value for Dillard.
Nate Davis (G) spotted has his market value at 7 mil.

These are my two predraft targets.

The draft will be interesting. Our positions of need are OT, G, C, TE, QB (I could go for Hooker in the fourth but he won’t be there),CB, LB, and S.
1- CB…it appears that this is the position with the best value at our selection. If I could pick one it would Andrew Gonzales but there are quite a few good ones.

2- Darnell Wright- T

3- Andrew Vorhees OL

4- Luke Schoonmaker TE

5- Dorian Williams- LB

6- Ryan Hayes T/G

6- Tyler Nubian S

7- Clayton Tune QB

From there, you see if there are any bargains to fill holes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, with only 16 million in free space and 7 million going to rookies, there is not a lot we can do. I would start off by cutting Logan Thomas (5.2 mil in savings)), My dream scenario would be trading Payne for two firsts and freeing up his cap space. As usual, I would also like to trade down in the first and see about getting another first in 2024 to accompany the pick we get in 2023.

The draft will be interesting. Our positions of need are OT, G, C, TE, QB (I could go for Hooker in the fourth but he won’t be there),CB, LB, and S.
1- CB…it appears that this is the position with the best value at our selection. If I could pick one it would Andrew Gonzales but there are quite a few good ones.

2- Darnell Wright- T

3- Andrew Vorhees OL

4- Luke Schoonmaker TE

5- Dorian Williams- LB

6- Ryan Hayes T/G

6- Tyler Nubian S

7- Clayton Tune QB

A tradition like no other...Gkekoa's offseason mock.

You have been doing these since the ESPN board days.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fun. I decided to do one for you.
Thank you sir

We just need Goldy to do his off season mock!

Then we need Vinny to fire up Redskins One to go get the free agents at midnight...LOL

My gosh.....those were interesting times!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2- Darnell Wright- T

3- Andrew Vorhees OL

4- Luke Schoonmaker TE

5- Dorian Williams- LB

6- Ryan Hayes T/G

6- Tyler Nubian S

7- Clayton Tune QB

Vorhees tore his Acl at the combine wouldn’t pick him in round 3

Tune is a less mobile weak armed Falco , I would go Haener

we have cuts that can give us 62 mil prior to tagging Payne and it’s about 13 mil for the draft
so we can get 31 in cap

no one is giving up 2 1st in an unnecessary trade , all they have to do is sign him . We cant trade him until Payne signs the tag

the draft picks look solid other then vorhees

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vorhees tore his Acl at the combine wouldn’t pick him in round 3

Tune is a less mobile weak armed Falco , I would go Haener

we have cuts that can give us 62 mil prior to tagging Payne and it’s about 13 mil for the draft
so we can get 31 in cap

no one is giving up 2 1st in an unnecessary trade , all they have to do is sign him . We cant trade him until Payne signs the tag

the draft picks look solid other then vorhees

Forgot Vorhees tore his ACL. Replace him with Trenton Simpson or Nolan Smith.

What cuts do we have that makes sense? The only no=brainer is the one I did.

It doesn’t have to be two firsts but I would take it. Payne will sign because they always do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot Vorhees tore his ACL. Replace him with Trenton Simpson or Nolan Smith.

What cuts do we have that makes sense? The only no=brainer is the one I did.

It doesn’t have to be two firsts but I would take it. Payne will sign because they always do.
you can cut roullier, leno , lucas LT JD

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roullier saves 4 mil
Leno saves 8 mil
Lucas- 3.5 mil
JD- 1 mil

Who do you replace these guys with that are an upgrade?

Charles Leno (I could definitely be convinced here) is our starting LT at 12.5 million.

Lucas is only 4.3 mil against the cap and is a solid swing tackle.

Roullier, when healthy is our starting center and cutting him only saves 4.5 against the cap. Can you replace him for that? I don’t think so.

JD only saves a mil. I am fine with getting rid of him but it doesn’t do much.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roullier saves 4 mil
Leno saves 8 mil
Lucas- 3.5 mil
JD- 1 mil

Who do you replace these guys with that are an upgrade?

Charles Leno (I could definitely be convinced here) is our starting LT at 12.5 million.

Lucas is only 4.3 mil against the cap and is a solid swing tackle.

Roullier, when healthy is our starting center and cutting him only saves 4.5 against the cap. Can you replace him for that? I don’t think so.

JD only saves a mil. I am fine with getting rid of him but it doesn’t do much.
Free Agency
Pocic at Center
Powers at Guard

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am disappointed that Rivera has not done more to create cap room. There have been no restructuring done and the cuts have stopped. I understand the budget issues, but there are cuts we can and should make. Perhaps the restructuring would go against the final orders of Snyder.

Snyder really screwed us by waiting until November to begin the sale process.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am disappointed that Rivera has not done more to create cap room. There have been no restructuring done and the cuts have stopped. I understand the budget issues, but there are cuts we can and should make. Perhaps the restructuring would go against the final orders of Snyder.

Snyder really screwed us by waiting until November to begin the sale process.

What cuts should we make? Please add in the alternatives.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they can't go after free agents as long as they don't go over the cap its no different signing a big free agent vs multiple thrift store players

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What cuts should we make? Please add in the alternatives.
Not sure if these have been mentioned or not. To start with, I would go with:

Norwell
Thomas
Leno
Roullier

I think the key is contract restructuring and seeing what can be done there. If it makes sense, restructuring Allen and TMac would bring in additional cap. Dallas freed up 30 million yesterday with restructuring.

I find it hard to believe other teams are able to make the numbers work but Rivera cannot. We have a mediocre team, so most players should be on the block if needs be.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if these have been mentioned or not. To start with, I would go with:

Norwell
Thomas
Leno
Roullier

I think the key is contract restructuring and seeing what can be done there. If it makes sense, restructuring Allen and TMac would bring in additional cap. Dallas freed up 30 million yesterday with restructuring.

I find it hard to believe other teams are able to make the numbers work but Rivera cannot. We have a mediocre team, so most players should be on the block if needs be.

Norwell saves 2 million. Thomas makes sense. Who do you replace Leno and Roullier with?

Realistically you can’t restructure Allen and Tmac. They just signed their contracts a year ago. Having to make numbers work ends up hurting in the long run. Short term benefit but in the long term you suffer. Players don’t take pay cuts. It pushes money from this year to future years.

For instance, Allen is a 21, 21, and 23 mil cap hit. If you restructure, you can reduce him to 15 mil this year but that means the 21 and 23 mil become 24 and 26 mil.

Tmac is only 11 mil this season so what are you going to save there?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwell saves 2 million. Thomas makes sense. Who do you replace Leno and Roullier with?

Realistically you can’t restructure Allen and Tmac. They just signed their contracts a year ago. Having to make numbers work ends up hurting in the long run. Short term benefit but in the long term you suffer. Players don’t take pay cuts. It pushes money from this year to future years.

For instance, Allen is a 21, 21, and 23 mil cap hit. If you restructure, you can reduce him to 15 mil this year but that means the 21 and 23 mil become 24 and 26 mil.

Tmac is only 11 mil this season so what are you going to save there?
You know much more about contracts than I do. Like I said, if it makes sense.

Apparently, it doesn't make sense to attempt to restructure. I agree that restructuring makes life easy now, but it will catch up at some point.
It is frustrating to see more talented teams be creative with cap. It is almost like the rich get richer in a way. Rivera might be stuck with the mess he created.

We would replace Leno and Roullier with draft picks or free agents who are more talented.

At the end of the day, I am frustrated. I am frustrated that we have a mediocre to poor team and cannot improve it. Rivera has now had 3 full offseasons to fix this and he still cannot secure a winning record. Now, he is hamstrung by the sale of the team. The man has more excuses than I have ever seen. First, he allegedly had to clean up gruden and Allen's mess. Then, he got snake bit by injuries, and now it is the sale. I think there is some truth to this. As the GM though, younhave to figure it out and find a way. Bottom line, we need help all over the field and we might simply have to roll into next year with what we have now outside of a few draft picks.

The question remains, why are we in this mess now and what can we do? The answer might simply be that we must be patient and wait for the new GM. That being said, I think the Rivera regime will go down as one of the most frustrating and worst front offices i can remember. He has had total authority but can't even get a winning record at this point. As Skinsdad and sty have said, we are looking at 7 to 9 wins yesterday. I don't want to hear about the playoffs or 11 wins for 2023.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know much more about contracts than I do. Like I said, if it makes sense.

Apparently, it doesn't make sense to attempt to restructure. I agree that restructuring makes life easy now, but it will catch up at some point.
It is frustrating to see more talented teams be creative with cap. It is almost like the rich get richer in a way. Rivera might be stuck with the mess he created.

We would replace Leno and Roullier with draft picks or free agents who are more talented.

At the end of the day, I am frustrated. I am frustrated that we have a mediocre to poor team and cannot improve it. Rivera has now had 3 full offseasons to fix this and he still cannot secure a winning record. Now, he is hamstrung by the sale of the team. The man has more excuses than I have ever seen. First, he allegedly had to clean up gruden and Allen's mess. Then, he got snake bit by injuries, and now it is the sale. I think there is some truth to this. As the GM though, younhave to figure it out and find a way. Bottom line, we need help all over the field and we might simply have to roll into next year with what we have now outside of a few draft picks.

The question remains, why are we in this mess now and what can we do? The answer might simply be that we must be patient and wait for the new GM. That being said, I think the Rivera regime will go down as one of the most frustrating and worst front offices i can remember. He has had total authority but can't even get a winning record at this point. As Skinsdad and sty have said, we are looking at 7 to 9 wins yesterday. I don't want to hear about the playoffs or 11 wins for 2023.

When you are close, that is when you get creative because you may win the Super Bowl. When you are average, that is not the time to be creative, IMO. Those creative teams have about two to three years before they have to make some hard cuts. Personally, if we got an Aaron Rodgers, we would be able to get creative because I think we are a QB away from being Super Bowl contenders. I would also try to protect that QB.

I am not sure we are in a mess. We have a very good team just no QB, unless SH is that guy.

Why wouldn’t you expect more? Last season we had the worst QB situation in football and our OL struggled. Our defense was very good. We are at worst a 7-9 win team. We still have the draft and FA to go.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are close, that is when you get creative because you may win the Super Bowl. When you are average, that is not the time to be creative, IMO. Those creative teams have about two to three years before they have to make some hard cuts. Personally, if we got an Aaron Rodgers, we would be able to get creative because I think we are a QB away from being Super Bowl contenders. I would also try to protect that QB.

I am not sure we are in a mess. We have a very good team just no QB, unless SH is that guy.

Why wouldn’t you expect more? Last season we had the worst QB situation in football and our OL struggled. Our defense was very good. We are at worst a 7-9 win team. We still have the draft and FA to go.
I agree with the teams that are close.
Vinny did that as you know. The chargers just freed up 40 million today. That would back your theory of teams being close restructuring.

Vinny did this and wee would live off borrowed credit each year in order to accommodate Dan's fantasy football dream.

I would simply like the cap space to properly address the Oline and plug another hole or 2. I want to build through the draft, but we can't draft and start 3 rookies on that OLine.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the teams that are close.
Vinny did that as you know. The chargers just freed up 40 million today. That would back your theory of teams being close restructuring.

Vinny did this and wee would live off borrowed credit each year in order to accommodate Dan's fantasy football dream.

I would simply like the cap space to properly address the Oline and plug another hole or 2. I want to build through the draft, but we can't draft and start 3 rookies on that OLine.

I honestly don’t think we need to start three rookies. Here is my take on the OL.

LT- Leno was average last season. I am not against cutting him and saving that 8 million but you have to have a replacement lined up. That is why my mock actually has Andre Dillard as a target but at what price..

LG- Chris Paul showed very well against Dallas. Does that mean he is starter ready? You can’t replace everything in a year. I would definitely draft a guard but I would look at Paul to start.

C- Chase is one of the better centers in football but I don’t know his status. I have looked. I’m not sure if there is a replacement out there as good. We could look to Pocic or Bradbury as replacements Depending on their health. Spotrac has thenm at 7 and 11 million respectively.

RG- This is where I look at FA for Nate Davis. Spotrac has his market value at 7 million and I think he is definitely worth that.

RT- one of the more interesting positions. I would love to see Cosmi return to rookie form. I am not sure what happened to him but he regressed last season. He is also an option at G. If he doesn’t work here, we have Lucas as our swing tackle. This is where used my second in the mock. It would give us another option.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don’t think we need to start three rookies. Here is my take on the OL.

LT- Leno was average last season. I am not against cutting him and saving that 8 million but you have to have a replacement lined up. That is why my mock actually has Andre Dillard as a target but at what price..

LG- Chris Paul showed very well against Dallas. Does that mean he is starter ready? You can’t replace everything in a year. I would definitely draft a guard but I would look at Paul to start.

C- Chase is one of the better centers in football but I don’t know his status. I have looked. I’m not sure if there is a replacement out there as good. We could look to Pocic or Bradbury as replacements Depending on their health. Spotrac has thenm at 7 and 11 million respectively.

RG- This is where I look at FA for Nate Davis. Spotrac has his market value at 7 million and I think he is definitely worth that.

RT- one of the more interesting positions. I would love to see Cosmi return to rookie form. I am not sure what happened to him but he regressed last season. He is also an option at G. If he doesn’t work here, we have Lucas as our swing tackle. This is where used my second in the mock. It would give us another option.
I like your thought here and a lot depends on Paul but, I do not trust Leno at LT moving forward. We need our 10 year guy to pair with Howell. If we go FA Guard and Paul starts, we can trade back in round 1 and still pick up a starting LT from tier 2 players with a pick in range of 22-32. If we sign a FA CB, we likely are going OL in round 1. I would advocate trading back to do the following:

LT: 1st round draft pick
LG: (Powers in FA) Paul
C: Roullier (4th round draft pick)
RG: Cosmi (additional 2nd round pick)
RT: Leno & Lucas

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your thought here and a lot depends on Paul but, I do not trust Leno at LT moving forward. We need our 10 year guy to pair with Howell. If we go FA Guard and Paul starts, we can trade back in round 1 and still pick up a starting LT from tier 2 players with a pick in range of 22-32. If we sign a FA CB, we likely are going OL in round 1. I would advocate trading back to do the following:

LT: 1st round draft pick
LG: (Powers in FA) Paul
C: Roullier (4th round draft pick)
RG: Cosmi (additional 2nd round pick)
RT: Leno & Lucas
Paul and cosmi have to be answers , I think Roullier is done as a reliable option . I think we should go tackle early followed by center, then OG