• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Edelman carted off the field

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely. When they signed Cooks with Mitchell and Hogan and Gronk back they already had the ability to stretch the field. What we lose is a huge piece of the shorts game and YAC

I hear ya, but i think what we could see with Edelmans' loss is 3 guys really get involved, that may have otherwise been considered minor contributors.....Amendola/Hogan/Mitchell may all benefit from the loss, and play bigger roles than expected, and I dont think thats a bad thing really

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5k1yoacjn5ey.gif

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate injury for the Patriots here. Even with Cooks there now Edelman still figured to play a big part in the Patriots offense this year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate injury for the Patriots here. Even with Cooks there now Edelman still figured to play a big part in the Patriots offense this year.

Very unfortunate! Not sure why he was even in the game.. Sucks royally that's for sure... Wish him all the best

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me too it.

The entire NFL season is a war of attrition. Time to expand the rosters and add to the cap. Often times the teams that are healthiest make it to the SB not necessarily the best teams. As a fan, I was sick watching Derek Carr go down late in the season. They were poised to challenge for AFC championship till that injury. While franchise QBs are tough to replace just expanding the practice squads and designating a spot for a QB will help develop those players to replace the ones that are aging. As it stands now, roster spots are at such a premium it's tough to justify developmental QBs
Expanding the rosters and adding to the cap won't fix the problem. There is already a huge difference betweeh top tier QBs and bottom tier starting QBs. Then add in the back ups. The talent level would be so low it wouldn't matter how much time you have to develop them. That goes for all positions but certainly QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I just watched the kid be the best WR in the B10 for 2 straight seasons playing with a QB who can't pass. Carr is a stud. He's literally the perfect fit for NE. Quick, great hands, unreal route runner , smart as shit. He's the only guy in 2 years that I saw eat Desmond Kings lunch. Guy can play
NE fans hope you're right, rest of NFL not so much.

Now's it's just a matter of can he build that rapport with TB the JE had. JE11 was Tawmy's binkie. Big loss but like I've always said injuries are part of the game. Having depth and a system is what makes the difference on a team staying competative.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the name Austin Carr..... if Devin Lucien doesn't beat him out for a roster spot.

And Malcolm Mitchell

And Brandin Cooks

And Danny Amendola

And Chris Hogan
And Lewis, White, Burkhead and Gilislee out of the back field. There are only so many balls to go around.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding the rosters and adding to the cap won't fix the problem. There is already a huge difference betweeh top tier QBs and bottom tier starting QBs. Then add in the back ups. The talent level would be so low it wouldn't matter how much time you have to develop them. That goes for all positions but certainly QB.

I won't disagree with you about talent but adding to the rosters will emphasize quality coaching. Also, adding to the rosters allows guys like Malcolm butler to develop into a starting talent. Guy goes undrafted but gets a shot and makes the team. Hangs around all year then makes a defining SB play. Players should want it bc it will extend careers. Quality pass rush guys (another sought after position like QB) could play less (only on passing downs) and thus extend their careers.

Bottom line, the injuries in the NFL make it as much a war of attrition than anything else.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree with you about talent but adding to the rosters will emphasize quality coaching. Also, adding to the rosters allows guys like Malcolm butler to develop into a starting talent. Guy goes undrafted but gets a shot and makes the team. Hangs around all year then makes a defining SB play. Players should want it bc it will extend careers. Quality pass rush guys (another sought after position like QB) could play less (only on passing downs) and thus extend their careers.

Bottom line, the injuries in the NFL make it as much a war of attrition than anything else.
Injuries suck, but unfortunately they're part of the game. No need to water down the league with players who couldn't make the top 1600. Same for the coaches. Granted a gem always sneaks in as an UDFA but that's probably less than 1%.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. So now Pats fans can say, "And we did it without Edelman." And who cares, they have Cook anyway.. if Gronk is healthy it... it... it.... ah fuck gotta do it:

69728565.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. So now Pats fans can say, "And we did it without Edelman." And who cares, they have Cook anyway.. if Gronk is healthy it... it... it.... ah fuck gotta do it:

69728565.jpg
:yes:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this juts means my main man austin carr gets in the mix

Edelman’s injury does not guarantee Carr a roster spot, but Carr’s chances of making the team have just increased dramatically. The Patriots need a new fifth receiver, and Carr’s skillset perfectly fills in the void left behind by Edelman. Like Edelman, Carr is an undersized slot receiver who runs really good routes and can make tough catches in the middle of the field and in traffic. There’s a reason the Patriots were so eager to snap up Carr after he went undrafted.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Patriots back-end receiver depth is thin. Veteran Andrew Hawkins was on the Patriots’ practice squad, but he announced his retirement earlier this year. The Pats still have Devin Lucien, who spent most of the season on the practice squad last season. In preseason, Lucien has had 4 catches for 40 yards. Carr has caught 11 passes for 105 yards and a touchdown. If Carr could throw in one more solid preseason performance, the spot could be his.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this juts means my main man austin carr gets in the mix

Edelman’s injury does not guarantee Carr a roster spot, but Carr’s chances of making the team have just increased dramatically. The Patriots need a new fifth receiver, and Carr’s skillset perfectly fills in the void left behind by Edelman. Like Edelman, Carr is an undersized slot receiver who runs really good routes and can make tough catches in the middle of the field and in traffic. There’s a reason the Patriots were so eager to snap up Carr after he went undrafted.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Patriots back-end receiver depth is thin. Veteran Andrew Hawkins was on the Patriots’ practice squad, but he announced his retirement earlier this year. The Pats still have Devin Lucien, who spent most of the season on the practice squad last season. In preseason, Lucien has had 4 catches for 40 yards. Carr has caught 11 passes for 105 yards and a touchdown. If Carr could throw in one more solid preseason performance, the spot could be his.
I'm with you. I think Carr is the replacement. He'll start out slow with limited plays but as the season progresses and he learns the entire playbook, builds chemistry with TB and can be trusted to get a block he becomes the answer.
Go Pats

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. I think Carr is the replacement. He'll start out slow with limited plays but as the season progresses and he learns the entire playbook, builds chemistry with TB and can be trusted to get a block he becomes the answer.
Go Pats
I can see brady falling in love with this kid. its funny...brown led to welker who led to edelman who led to...?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see brady falling in love with this kid. its funny...brown led to welker who led to edelman who led to...?
Yep got to love these late round, cast offs, UDFA types NE finds and makes them stars.
We know he catches everything so now it's just a matter of picking up a block when asked to and building that chemistry with Tawmy.@hammer lucky he's disappeared. Otherwise this has the potential to give him a coronary. Imagine another player catching 3 yard passes from the most over rated QB :dhd:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those out there pretending that JE's injury is sad, but are giggling ecstatically because they think it will kill the Patriots...........................Malcolm Mitchell will move into the slot. Brady hit him with 8 passes in the Super Bowl and trusts him to be where he wants him. Hogan and Cooks will man the outside. Amendola and Austin will take the seam and the middle over. When they go 5 wide, Austin will move into the slot, DA and MM will take the 15 and 20 yard bends.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing a lot of options to replace Edelman but can ANY of them do impressions?