• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs win tonight i think they win games 5 and 6

yeah...........I am thinking your doing alot of self convincing..................

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron never fouls.........................
of COURSE

maxresdefault.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...........I am thinking your doing alot of self convincing..................
hey i have no clue if the Cavs win tonight- i think tis a coin flip....50/50

however if they do win tonight i think they have the momentum-- and Cleveland has faced some adversity, both in the past and these playoffs and i think the Celtics, if the pressure really moves onto them- will start to crack.

If the Celts win tonight, its over in5- if the Cavs win tonight i htink its over in 6 for the Cavs.

I think the Celts need to win tonight to keep up their edge and their confidence.....this isnt even like Game 7 against hte Bucks- a first round series where the Celts and Bucks were pretty evenly matched....

If the Celts, after getting a lot of credit and becoming the favorites for the first time with a 2-0 lead, give up that lead I think they will crack under the pressure.

but it all comes down to tonight. Whoever wins wins the series if you ask me.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will crack under the pressure

They are not a team that cracks. They may lose, but this team knows they are the better athletes and better defenders.

Wiggy you are over thinking this all

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You grade drafts on the results---- not what "experts"- however that is defined- care to opine at the time the draft occurs.

Now you're arguing just to argue and repeating stuff that has already been addressed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, teams/gms.
yah because teams gms just blab about their draft boards all the time......

2 weeks before the draft? ya know what- im drafting THIS GUY...

cmon you know better than that. If anything is leaked its to BENEFIT that team. You know as well as i do that the smoke screens and the shit thrown around is meant as misinformation rather than actual information.

me, you, joe fabeets- we have NO CLUE what these draft boards look like or what they ever looked like.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not a team that cracks. They may lose, but this team knows they are the better athletes and better defenders.

Wiggy you are over thinking this all
we shall see...thus far the celtics have been the under dog-

after getting a 2-0 lead and all the hype and everyone patting them on the back the last few days after beating the Sixers, and then getting up 2-0 on the Cavs

if they get to 2-2 ----- going home, a young team, suddenly that had expectations- it can turn into a whole different ball game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah because teams gms just blab about their draft boards all the time......

2 weeks before the draft? ya know what- im drafting THIS GUY...

cmon you know better than that. If anything is leaked its to BENEFIT that team. You know as well as i do that the smoke screens and the shit thrown around is meant as misinformation rather than actual information.

me, you, joe fabeets- we have NO CLUE what these draft boards look like or what they ever looked like.

They all give an idea of who they like and who they don't. Who they are interested in etc.

Again, you're arguing just to argue and repeating the same shit over and over. It will be your undoing...again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all give an idea of who they like and who they don't. Who they are interested in etc.

Again, you're arguing just to argue and repeating the same shit over and over. It will be your undoing...again.
I am absolutely not arguing to argue.

My whole point the whole time is that you can only grade a draft on how it turns out, or how a trade turns out. Are there exceptions and mitigating circumstances and things totally out of a guys control? Sure- at times there are.

But like i said- if you draft Gilbert and Manziel and get an A+ on draft day- it means nothing. What matters is how it actually turns out- not the perception made on draft day. Obviously those were TERRIBLE decisions.

Like with the Cavs---there was plenty of momentum for the Cavs to take Derrick Williams #1 and Brandon Knight #4. ---instead of Kyrie and a big man later on----- since Kyrie had injury issues and Brandon Knight was considered fairly close by some....---- ill give the Cavs the credit for doing the right thing even if it was "the consensus" - of the national media.

The Cavs trade of Kyrie- when it was made- the perception was it was a solid deal- in retrospect it was horrible. We grade it on how it turns out--- not how we felt about it at the time the deal was made.

The Cavs took Dion Waiters ----- their other ogranizational choice was Harrison Barnes--- NEITHER Was the right pick---- if the Cavs took Barnes no one would have said anything but "solid pick"--- but it wasnt the right pick - Lillard of Drummond would have been "the right pick".

IF you dont hire GM's and scouts to find the right players- instead of just going with the general consensus- then we might as well just have the national media make picks for teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to boil it down

it does not matter what anyone THINKS when a pick was made. What people THINK is absolutely 100 % IRRELEVANT.

what matters is how a player actually performs

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to boil it down

it does not matter what anyone THINKS when a pick was made. What people THINK is absolutely 100 % IRRELEVANT.

what matters is how a player actually performs

And here you go again. Arguing to argue.

Of course, how the players ultimately perform is what matters in the end.

However, when a team is drafting a player who has never played in the NBA, they have no idea how that player will react/play once he is in the NBA. They can only go with the info they have at the time and hope it's accurate and that the player will play according to or better than his draft position.

What "people" specifically teams/gms think is very relevant because it's based on the info they have.