• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
celtics win in OT tonight

lebron fouls out in the 4th

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
celtics win in OT tonight

lebron fouls out in the 4th

Here's more homerism. For anyone that though the Warriors 40-something win last night was impressive just wait until Boston wins by 50-something tonight.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's more homerism. For anyone that though the Warriors 40-something win last night was impressive just wait until Boston wins by 50-something tonight.
lebron wont let that happen twice in a series.

celtics needed to have a really, really bad game...and they did.

book it. horford gets a triple double, or comes VERY close.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron wont let that happen twice in a series.

celtics needed to have a really, really bad game...and they did.

book it. horford gets a triple double, or comes VERY close.

I hope you're right.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that D-league like offense?? Please..

Celtics may be good for another win at home. Or they may very well have won their last game against the Cavs in Game 2. Their offense is atrocious

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be 2 - 2 after tonight. Games like these are where a team without a go to scorer like the Celtics struggle.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what "consensus" are you talking about then? its not like these guys divulge their draft boards before the draft.

Actually, they do. There is generally a consensus among teams/GM's re: draft position, trades, etc.

There may not be anything official, but all of these teams "leak" information about where they have guys ranked.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree-- Ithink you absolutely fry the Lakers for the Nash choice and give the Knicks tons of credit for the Porzinigis choice.

Of course, you do, it's the Lakers. Your inability to remain objective re: the Lakers, Heat and Cavs is well documented.

Every GM in the league would have done the same deal at the time and several said as much. Nash's back was a known issue, but was handled and he was coming off an all star caliber season.

The majority of the"experts" in the media, (you know, the ones you praise as being paid to follow the sport when they agree with your opinion) had the Lakers/Heat in the finals after that trade.

Additionally, it wasn't even Nash's back that started all of the trouble with his health. It was a freak leg injury.

The Knicks getting it right on Porzingis doesn't change the fact that, at the time, it was seen as a pretty big reach.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs win again tonight and tie this series up going back to Boston. And if they do, I'd have much more faith in them winning a game in Boston than I would in Boston winning a game in Cleveland.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD

I hope CP3 doesn't try to plant his elbow up KD's rear end again. Did we ever figure out what he was looking for the 1st time?
He played more like he had someone's elbow up HIS arse last night. lol

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a completely disgusting conference finals in both conferences, one in which we havent had a 4th quarter worth watching, and only 1 second half worth watching

Tonight should be the best game of the bunch

Celtics know if they lose, we are going 7

Cleveland knows if they lose, this is ending in 5

Should be 2 teams playing with the intensity of an elimination game

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a completely disgusting conference finals in both conferences, one in which we havent had a 4th quarter worth watching, and only 1 second half worth watching

Tonight should be the best game of the bunch

Celtics know if they lose, we are going 7

Cleveland knows if they lose, this is ending in 5

Should be 2 teams playing with the intensity of an elimination game

Yeah, this game should definitely be closer. I don't see the Cavs hitting 50% or whatever it was from 3 again and I'm sure Stevens has made some adjustments.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, you do, it's the Lakers. Your inability to remain objective re: the Lakers, Heat and Cavs is well documented.

Every GM in the league would have done the same deal at the time and several said as much. Nash's back was a known issue, but was handled and he was coming off an all star caliber season.

The majority of the"experts" in the media, (you know, the ones you praise as being paid to follow the sport when they agree with your opinion) had the Lakers/Heat in the finals after that trade.

Additionally, it wasn't even Nash's back that started all of the trouble with his health. It was a freak leg injury.

The Knicks getting it right on Porzingis doesn't change the fact that, at the time, it was seen as a pretty big reach.
any team--- im not giving the Sixers on drafting Okafor just because he was who the national media thought was the best

like i said with the Browns------ all kind of sites gave the Browns amazing grades for taking Justin Gilbert 8th overall and Manziel 22nd overall- stating that the Browns were on the verge of turning it around because of this draft----- of course it was bullshit.

You grade drafts on the results---- not what "experts"- however that is defined- care to opine at the time the draft occurs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when you say "experts" and when you say "it was seen as a pretty big reach"- who do you mean?

who saw Porzingis as "a pretty big reach"?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they do. There is generally a consensus among teams/GM's re: draft position, trades, etc.

There may not be anything official, but all of these teams "leak" information about where they have guys ranked.
teams/gm's?

cmon now- teams arent disclosing their draft boards. Its a guess that comes from the national media-- whether its former gms scouts, coaches, writers, etc.....

the guys that are actually doing the research- that have the medical reports, that have the high fluting stastitical analyiss that we never ever see, that have a team of scouts at the games---- those guys arent giving away what they really think about players and giving away their strategies and how they have their boards lined up

you will hear trite and cliche stuff all the time--- well we really like this, and this and this---- but its not like anyone had any clue that RW was going to OKC----- and that picked worked out- because of scouting, and the GM doing his job-- not relying on waht "the experts" thought.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs win again tonight and tie this series up going back to Boston. And if they do, I'd have much more faith in them winning a game in Boston than I would in Boston winning a game in Cleveland.
if the Cavs win tonight i think they win games 5 and 6.

If the Celtics lose tonight its over in game 5

if the Cavs win the pressure all goes back to the Celtics- a young team- that really has not faced adversity yet--- and they would be dealing with LeBron and a confident Cavs team in game 5

whoever wins this game wins the series- i have no clue who wins tonight though- its a coin flip if you ask me