• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also doesn't take HCA into account, which thus far for Boston has been a pretty signifigant factor.

HCA only shows up, when your team is getting out hustled and outplayed like the Cavs have. The crowd has never stopped a team from playing their game, if you are winning on the road, home crowd is a non factor. Nobody besides Love and LeBron are out there consistently working. Too many times I seen 1 Celtic player get the offensive rebound after miss, even if the Cavs have 3 or 4 guys around the basket. The player is Rodman, so it is definitely the Cavs getting outworked.

Reactions: LAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it really easily, though? The Cavs were in control of that game for 2.5 quarters.

Then Love goes cold. Korver goes cold. JR stays cold. LeBron hits the locker room with a neck issue and isn't the same after.

I just don't think that "LeBron had a 40 point triple double and Love put up 20 and they still lost by double digits" really tells an accurate story.

It also doesn't take HCA into account, which thus far for Boston has been a pretty signifigant factor.

Boston hasn't lost a game @ home during the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has a long as postseason as basketball, start in April and end in June.

Okay I should have said to drag the entire season out. And I didn't realize the NBA playoffs started in April & ended in June. This is the 1st time I have ever watched the NBA playoffs.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I should have said to drag the entire season out. And I didn't realize the NBA playoffs started in April & ended in June. This is the 1st time I have ever watched the NBA playoffs.

Didn't say you didn't know, just saying

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it really easily, though? The Cavs were in control of that game for 2.5 quarters.

Then Love goes cold. Korver goes cold. JR stays cold. LeBron hits the locker room with a neck issue and isn't the same after.

I just don't think that "LeBron had a 40 point triple double and Love put up 20 and they still lost by double digits" really tells an accurate story.

I guess that's a way of looking at it.

But I'd bet that if I told you before the game that Lebron would have a 42 point triple double and Love would have 22 points and 15 rebounds, but the Cavs would lose by 13 points, you'd say I was out of my mind.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston hasn't lost a game @ home during the playoffs.
That's what I'm saying. I keep seeing people say that the Cavs are going to need LeBron to go off AND the supporting cast to show up to get a win.

I don't think that's the case for the games in CLE. Unless the road version of the Celtics we've been seeing suddenly changes, Cavs just need one or the other.

They will need both to win in Boston though, so they'll need at least 1 game like that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. I keep seeing people say that the Cavs are going to need LeBron to go off AND the supporting cast to show up to get a win.

I don't think that's the case for the games in CLE. Unless the road version of the Celtics we've been seeing suddenly changes, Cavs just need one or the other.

They will need both to win in Boston though, so they'll need at least 1 game like that.

It wouldn't surprise me @ all if the series is tied for game 5. And I'm guessing the Cavs will be the favorites for game 3.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you know the saying, it's not how you start put how you finish that's important. That game was a clear example & the reason they need to gear up for 4 quarters & not 2.5. This isn't the reg season where they can get away with it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Confidence is a funny thing my friend - and at this point we don't know WHAT Bos is capable of at this point. None of us had them getting this far nor did we think they could take a 2-0 lead in the ECF against the Cavs so....I'm jus going to expect the unexpected from them at this point. Hope for your sake the rest of the Cavs have eaten their Wheaties.