• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EC Finals Series Thread | (3) Boston Bruins vs. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... I am the only one who felt that way? If you were watching a game between Calgary and Vancouver, and Vancouver won, and the fans starting throwing shit at the Calgary players pelting them in the head (which would never happen because Vacouver has a respectable fanbase), you wouldn't feel that they're fans THERE IN THE GOD DAMN ARENA* were garbage?

* Pretty obvious thats what I was referring to in my post.

Fans should never throw anything on the ice, period. I think if you would have phrased it as "TB fans throwing garbage on the ice are garbage", all of this could have been avoided.

Heck, some Vancouver fans throw stuff on the ice when play is going on...Let me take you back to 2004, game 7 at GM Place (now Rogers Arena):

About 1:30 into the clip...

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what was the deal with the midget rackets (racquets) ... im really intrigued ...why did they hand them out

I believe they are just noise makers, Hence mini RACKETS.. It was a stupid promotion, WTF did they think the fans were gonna do with them at the end of the game. Could you imagine if Boston had won?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a disgrace to the sport. Krejci gets a fucking hatty, and he is being pelted in the head, numerous times, by these fucking objects that shouldn't even exist.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, some Vancouver fans throw stuff on the ice when play is going on...Let me take you back to 2004, game 7 at GM Place (now Rogers Arena):

About 1:30 into the clip...

just a well meaning fan trying to get a jersey autographed by the team at a most inopportune time

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash, first off I cant see the vid cause I am at work but I will take your word for it, and second, I posted at the exact time the fans were throwing shit out on the ice... We are all adults here, I figure people can put 2 & 2 together, that does equal 5 ya know... Seriously, should I have been attacked with I am "classless" and "unsportsmanlike"? Seeing as I started my post with "TB won that game" and not "this is bullshit, the refs won that game", I believe the rest of my post spoke for itself... Its just ridiculous.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont boston fans throw their towels on the ice as well? every fucking team has fucking fans that fucking throw fucking shit on the fucking ice for fuck sakes. just like every team has fans that boo their team, cheer their team, love their team, at times hate their team, jeer their goalie, love their goalie.

its the same in 30 fucking buildings people. noone should be looking at other peoples fans saying that they are the only ones doing something shameful.

look what calgary fans throw on the ice.

_38360607_streakernew300.jpg

THEIR OWN NAKED FANS

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont boston fans throw their towels on the ice as well?

Yes, and though it may sound hypocritical, there is a difference. A. The towels do no damage and barely make it onto the ice. B. Those fucking racquets look like they were plastic and were literally hitting every Bruins player... They were even hitting their own players.

And as far as quantity there is a big difference. If I was near a person at that game 7 against the Habs that threw their towel, I def would have said something. The whole TB arena was throwing shit. The ice was littered.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont boston fans throw their towels on the ice as well? every fucking team has fucking fans that fucking throw fucking shit on the fucking ice for fuck sakes. just like every team has fans that boo their team, cheer their team, love their team, at times hate their team, jeer their goalie, love their goalie.

its the same in 30 fucking buildings people. noone should be looking at other peoples fans saying that they are the only ones doing something shameful.

look what calgary fans throw on the ice.

_38360607_streakernew300.jpg

THEIR OWN NAKED FANS

Dash, at least take your socks off... :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they are just noise makers, Hence mini RACKETS.. It was a stupid promotion, WTF did they think the fans were gonna do with them at the end of the game. Could you imagine if Boston had won?

ahhhhhh ... thanks ... at least they didnt go with "Evan Longoria Bruin beater bat night"

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, call me a hypocrite, but there is a difference. That was a disgrace at the end of Game 6. And if my post offended anyone, oh well, no apologies from me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...

the person I am on here, is the same person I am to anyones face. I have never once gotten "butthurt" on this board, because I can roll with the punches, just like anyone else should. This isn't fucking women's volleyball were following here.

If me thinking that fans are garbage because they are pelting my team with "midget tennis racquets", and I find that to be fucking bullshit... then perhaps I should just find somewhere else to talk hockey.

Jeff, my post was directed at a general sentiment, i actually defended/explained what you said last night and today. No need to have hurt butt.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not throwing anyone under the bus... WHY is this place getting so soft to the point that I am being reprimanded for a post that clearly stated the obvious?
The reprimand was one misunderstanding by one mod, and one TB fan's misunderstanding as well. To claim "this place is getting so soft" over the mistakes of one or two people IS throwing the rest of us under the bus.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, call me a hypocrite, but there is a difference. That was a disgrace at the end of Game 6. And if my post offended anyone, oh well, no apologies from me.

those noise makers getting thrown on are no different from what this video shows of Bruins fans throwing their towels onto the Canadiens after losing game 7. I know you cant see this video. but really its no different. its not like this

this is the browns fans throwing bottles on the field. yes they are plastic but that is pretty bad. if they have liquid in them coming down from high above it could hurt someone.

everyone does it. everyone its not right.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and though it may sound hypocritical, there is a difference. A. The towels do no damage and barely make it onto the ice. B. Those fucking racquets look like they were plastic and were literally hitting every Bruins player... They were even hitting their own players.

And as far as quantity there is a big difference. If I was near a person at that game 7 against the Habs that threw their towel, I def would have said something. The whole TB arena was throwing shit. The ice was littered.

plastic rats in florida. octopus in detroit. salmon in vancouver (I still hate this fuck). its all bad. Im not sure those raquets would hurt. but Ill check the video to see their velocity coming down

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reprimand was one misunderstanding by one mod, and one TB fan's misunderstanding as well. To claim "this place is getting so soft" over the mistakes of one or two people IS throwing the rest of us under the bus.

Well I think it's other instances that are being thought of as well. Anyway who fuckin cares right? people are gonna read what they want into someones words and if they miss read them then hey that's on them.

I'm just wondering if this board is sooo much more intellectually above the Disney board, why all these jumping to conclusions all the time. Really, how many people here think Jeff is running off at the mouth and bashing other fan bases that he would be doing so last night, Man I'm Higher than a kite 24/7 and I knew what the hell he was sayin!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mattola is right ... it happens everywhere ... when the mob mentality takes over its hard to stop

this one was my favorite ... i checked youtube for footage because it was a totally fucked up incident

Beer can throwing fans bring shame