• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Pittsburgh Penguins

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off until we lose 4 in a series the season is not over. It feels like it right now, but the Pens have come back before from worse.

Agreed. I saw a stat from the previous Pens cup runs that pointed out in each season that ended with a cup lift they faced elimination at some point in the post-season. Adversity builds character. :pray:

Secondly, the three best teams in the playoffs have been the Capitals, the Penguins, and the Lightning. The two that lose do not have to make major changes to make the leap to the top of the heap. The Lightning need to get Stamkos back. The Penguins need some Dman. The Capitals need some kind of sniper, the one they have is not that good:heh:. No they honestly need to get over their complex against the Penguins.

Without a doubt the Caps were the best team in the regular season. I don't think they were the best team in the playoffs, though. Their game became stale in the last month of the season. And in a sign of things to come they struggled to close out a very inexperienced Philly team that the Caps had dead to rights but couldn't deliver the knock-out blow. Then, Murray neutralized the Caps greatest advantage with Holtby in net, and that made the playing field even for the rd. 2 matchup. And we all know how that ended... IMO, Tampa may just be the best team in the east, and I say that because their depth at all positions is just unmatched by any other team. No Stamkos, no Bishop and a rusty Stralman, but here they are, one game between them and a consecutive trip to the SCF's. All four of their lines are dangerous, and all 3 D pairs are solid. They are tough from top to bottom.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cannot start Fleury tonight. We shouldn't have started him in Game 5. What happened was exactly what we should have expected. He's not sharp from not playing. The winner was rotten luck, and the second goal he wouldn't have stopped, but he can't get beat short side like he did on the first, and he was his entire body width past the right post before trying to come across to the left one on the wraparound. And there was no reason for him to be. He'd just made a save stationary on the post. As soon as that puck went behind the net, he should have been getting center and covering the posts, not floating off to the right.

Even the second goal had an alarming over-commitment. When there's a passing option, a goalie should never been that high on top of his crease. He can't cover the pass up there. That shot was so easy because MAF was so far out of position. That indicates either he doesn't have confidence in his reflexes to make a save deeper in his crease or he's not seeing the ice well, either of which, for me, disqualify him from starting anymore in these playoffs.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when they turtle...keep playing to score you fucks...now your one goal from tying

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to question the decision because it made sense at the time but I wonder if this series would have been over tonight if Murray played last game?