• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EBay

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rip-off. I think that's the site I did a few times... Just took my money... Never got anything, even though I "won"

I stopped using Ebay about 6 years ago after my paypal account was hacked and someone bought a ton of crap
really? thats awful

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? thats awful

Your pay pal account got hacked? Wow, from what I've seen they seem pretty secure. Used them for years without a problem. How's your security on your computer?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought that was the site you buy bids, and each penny bid really costs like 50 cents

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pay pal account got hacked? Wow, from what I've seen they seem pretty secure. Used them for years without a problem. How's your security on your computer?
There was a breach of the PayPal site a few years back from what I remember. Luckily I had closed my account before that happened.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a breach of the PayPal site a few years back from what I remember. Luckily I had closed my account before that happened.
Seems to happen to the juicy targets for hackers. I've been blessed so far. Did have a problem with a credit card once, but the bank caught that one right off.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup... again this was years ago so safety on computer wasn't that great... I got an email from paypal saying, something along the lines of, "we've noticed a lot of recent purchases that are not normal for you..." checked into them and I never "bought" those items.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought that was the site you buy bids, and each penny bid really costs like 50 cents

Yeah, and f's you over. You think you bought an item for like 20 bucks but in reality you spent $60 in order to "bid"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup... again this was years ago so safety on computer wasn't that great... I got an email from paypal saying, something along the lines of, "we've noticed a lot of recent purchases that are not normal for you..." checked into them and I never "bought" those items.
Kind of sounds like what the bank said about my credit card charges, hotel rooms in Miami.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Brother has had a bad rap in the past, but honestly Harold when it comes to a low cost, eco friendly, decent machine you can't really beat their entry level color laser printers. I have one at home and I know quite a few people who have them and no one has any problems. They do come with linux drivers as well. The one I have I've had for like two years and it always just prints. I didn't splurge for the one with copy/scan functions and it only prints one sided. I can do that stuff at work if needed.

It just prints. And unlike bubblejets that clug up after sitting idle for weeks/months, lasers stay in standby forever and have no issues not being used for long periods of time. I won't own another ink jet at home. I refuse to dump money into those ink cartridges and deal with the leaking, head cleaning, and other issues with them. When color lasers were over 1k and weighed 50lbs plus it made sense to deal with those hassles. Now that you can get color laser for under $200 on sale and they take up no more room than an ink jet, why wouldn't you?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Brother has had a bad rap in the past, but honestly Harold when it comes to a low cost, eco friendly, decent machine you can't really beat their entry level color laser printers. I have one at home and I know quite a few people who have them and no one has any problems. They do come with linux drivers as well. The one I have I've had for like two years and it always just prints. I didn't splurge for the one with copy/scan functions and it only prints one sided. I can do that stuff at work if needed.

It just prints. And unlike bubblejets that clug up after sitting idle for weeks/months, lasers stay in standby forever and have no issues not being used for long periods of time. I won't own another ink jet at home. I refuse to dump money into those ink cartridges and deal with the leaking, head cleaning, and other issues with them. When color lasers were over 1k and weighed 50lbs plus it made sense to deal with those hassles. Now that you can get color laser for under $200 on sale and they take up no more room than an ink jet, why wouldn't you?

Sounds good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get an HP laser printer...yeah I know they cost more but the toner is cheaper than ink.
Yup, that is what I went with. Bought a HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M225 dw, direct from HP. Went back and forth with HP and Brothers. Finally settled on this model. Hope I end up liking it.:hope:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I think I'll buy a laptop just to use with Lenux and start getting back into that.