• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EBay

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how long a Prius takes to charge. I think a fully drained iPad takes like 4-5 hours.
I think it is close to 8 hours for most electric cars, just imagine driving cross country and having to recharge every 200 miles...take a month to get from coast to coast. Or take a long extension cord with you I guess.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is close to 8 hours for most electric cars, just imagine driving cross country and having to recharge every 200 miles...take a month to get from coast to coast. Or take a long extension cord with you I guess.
Haha that sounds awful. Plus you have to take into consideration extreme temperatures on either side of the spectrum drain the battery faster.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iPads are actually pretty nice if you get one. I have a 3rd generation iPad and the battery seems to last forever. The only downside is that it takes forever to charge.
First time I bought a iPad was on EBay, in fact I bought two of them the same day.
Started out with the idea of just trying out a old one for surfing SportsHoopla. Bought a 1st generation iPad, but then I started checking out 4th generation iPad and bought one. Actually glad I did, because the old one was limited, gave it to my daughter. The 4 generation was sweet as heck. Not a apple guy, but love the iPad for sure.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I bought a iPad was on EBay, in fact I bought two of them the same day.
Started out with the idea of just trying out a old one for surfing SportsHoopla. Bought a 1st generation iPad, but then I started checking out 4th generation iPad and bought one. Actually glad I did, because the old one was limited, gave it to my daughter. The 4 generation was sweet as heck. Not a apple guy, but love the iPad for sure.
I used to be pretty happy with the earlier versions of the iPhone but I switched to Android for the first time when the S5 came out and I'm glad I gave it a try. I've never been a fan of Apple computers because they're a lot more expensive than comparable Windows machines. I'd probably sell my iPad just to have a little extra cash for a new laptop but I was stupid and got my name and phone number laser engraved on the back of it. I like it but honestly I mostly use it to cruise the Internet while I'm laying in bed. The rest of the time I still prefer to use a computer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be pretty happy with the earlier versions of the iPhone but I switched to Android for the first time when the S5 came out and I'm glad I gave it a try. I've never been a fan of Apple computers because they're a lot more expensive than comparable Windows machines. I'd probably sell my iPad just to have a little extra cash for a new laptop but I was stupid and got my name and phone number laser engraved on the back of it. I like it but honestly I mostly use it to cruise the Internet while I'm laying in bed. The rest of the time I still prefer to use a computer.
I use my iPad to surf SportsHoopla a lot. I can sit on the patio smoke have a cool one and surf. For serious stuff, I love my desktop. Hardly use laptops anymore and I have several. Mostly use them to try out various OS, like windows 10 for example.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use my iPad to surf SportsHoopla a lot. I can sit on the patio smoke have a cool one and surf. For serious stuff, I love my desktop. Hardly use laptops anymore and I have several. Mostly use them to try out various OS, like windows 10 for example.
I mostly used the laptop I have now for grad school. Taking notes on a computer is so much faster for me. The main thing that sucked was having to make equations in MS Word. It's not very easy to do those quickly. Now I mostly use it to run a HDMI to my big screen in the living room to stream. I think my next purchase long those lines is going to be something like a Surface Pro where it's kind of like a hybrid laptop/tablet. That seems like a better option than the touch screen laptops.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windows 7 has the math input panel. It's better than what Word had, LibreOffice also has a math app that I like.
I never knew about that until now. I wish I found out sooner. That is actually a really neat function.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly used the laptop I have now for grad school. Taking notes on a computer is so much faster for me. The main thing that sucked was having to make equations in MS Word. It's not very easy to do those quickly. Now I mostly use it to run a HDMI to my big screen in the living room to stream. I think my next purchase long those lines is going to be something like a Surface Pro where it's kind of like a hybrid laptop/tablet. That seems like a better option than the touch screen laptops.

I used Mathcad back when I did more engineering intensive work - It was on 12 or so floppies when I used it (so that tells you how long ago that was) but it was useful. Might be worth a look see - they have a free evaluation version and student versions.

PTC Mathcad | Engineering Calculations Software | PTC

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used Mathcad back when I did more engineering intensive work - It was on 12 or so floppies when I used it (so that tells you how long ago that was) but it was useful. Might be worth a look see - they have a free evaluation version and student versions.

PTC Mathcad | Engineering Calculations Software | PTC
Only twelve floppies? The IMSL library was on almost 40 floppies when I was programming Fortran on PCs back in the mid/late 80s...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manage to not buy a bunch of stuff, but I did buy a Linux live CD Cinnamon. What the heck, only 5 dollars. Trying it out on the laptop. Even got a printer hooked up. Hooked up a printer left here, a Epson workforce. I own a old old Canon printer, the one thing I hate about it, is no drivers for Linux. I think this Epson is a piece of crap, but at least it has drivers that work on Linux.

Want to buy a printer that has drivers that work on Linux, any recommendations?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving eBay.

I found a box of old video games in my attic and sold a couple of them.

$100 for Path of Radiance - Gamecube
$85 for Pokemon Crystal on Gameboy Color
$30 for New Horizons on SNES

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that, but for $5.00 dollars what the heck. Now recommend a printer for me.
I'm partial to Epson printers, they have a new eco-friendly line, cost more up front but are supposed to save money on ink in the long run. It also depends on what your primary printing is going to be. Different printers work better for text than photos (and are usually cheaper).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm partial to Epson printers, they have a new eco-friendly line, cost more up front but are supposed to save money on ink in the long run. It also depends on what your primary printing is going to be. Different printers work better for text than photos (and are usually cheaper).
Geez my ex bought this Epson work force ( which I using on Linux right now) but it is loud, very loud and the paper feed is a joke. What model do you recommend with Epson?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work Force are kind of funny, some have been really bad and some have been really good. Mass production at its finest...

Depending on whether you are primarily printing text or photos will make a difference in recommendation. The Expression line by Epson is their home PC line, but the six color models will give you better photo prints. Also depending on whether you want it networked or not will make a difference. I don't mind HP printers but I've had a lot of problems with them lately (especially on Vista and 7) always re-installing the printer on system boot. Even after following HP's recommendation to solve the problem it never really went away. But I saw the same thing with some Kodak printers a while back. Regardless, don't install the driver that comes packaged with the printer, go to the manufacturer's web site and download the latest drivers from there...and install it according to instructions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work Force are kind of funny, some have been really bad and some have been really good. Mass production at its finest...

Depending on whether you are primarily printing text or photos will make a difference in recommendation. The Expression line by Epson is their home PC line, but the six color models will give you better photo prints. Also depending on whether you want it networked or not will make a difference. I don't mind HP printers but I've had a lot of problems with them lately (especially on Vista and 7) always re-installing the printer on system boot. Even after following HP's recommendation to solve the problem it never really went away. But I saw the same thing with some Kodak printers a while back. Regardless, don't install the driver that comes packaged with the printer, go to the manufacturer's web site and download the latest drivers from there...and install it according to instructions.
Just to print info. My canon will handle photos.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone ever use a site like quibids

rip-off. I think that's the site I did a few times... Just took my money... Never got anything, even though I "won"

I stopped using Ebay about 6 years ago after my paypal account was hacked and someone bought a ton of crap