• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Season Tourneys

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What early season tournament are you most looking forward to watching? Lots of great basketball is going to be played.

I think the Old Spice Classic is going to be solid. I'm excited to see Oklahoma State. The Battle 4 Atlantis is going to be pretty good. I like the Wooden Legacy as well, should be fun. What do you think?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason NIT tournament. Nothing much to look forward to other than the championship game which will most likely be Duke vs Arizona. Tell me right now that doesn't intregue you. Tell me right now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously for me it the Battle 4 Atlantis since Iowa is in it but I really think its the best tourney also. There are as many as 5 teams in the tourney that are legit NCAA tournament caliber teams with Xavier, Tennessee, Nova, Kansas, Iowa

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a brief sidenote on OK State I am bewildered by the fact that they are ranked so highly preseason. I think they are a really good team but Id have them more in the 14-18 range than top 10. They do return a ton ( 94% of their scoring ) but they return it from a team that lost in the first round of the tourney. Compare that with my Iowa team that returns 93% of their scoring from an NIT finalist ( not a huge difference between a trip to the NIT finals and a first round tourney exit IMO at least when it comes to the caliber of your team) yet Iowa is just outside of the top 25. Semantics really I know but it is strange to me tha one team is getting so much preseason love while they other isnt.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason NIT tournament. Nothing much to look forward to other than the championship game which will most likely be Duke vs Arizona. Tell me right now that doesn't intregue you. Tell me right now.

Same. I want to see how we (Elon) matchup with other mid/low majors.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously for me it the Battle 4 Atlantis since Iowa is in it but I really think its the best tourney also. There are as many as 5 teams in the tourney that are legit NCAA tournament caliber teams with Xavier, Tennessee, Nova, Kansas, Iowa

They may all be NCAA caliber in that they have a possibility of making tourney but KU is only lock in that group.

Id be surprised if Tenn and/or Iowa don't make it but they still have things to prove.

Nova and even more so Xavier have a lot to prove.

Both got good talent though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may all be NCAA caliber in that they have a possibility of making tourney but KU is only lock in that group.

Id be surprised if Tenn and/or Iowa don't make it but they still have things to prove.

Nova and even more so Xavier have a lot to prove.

Both got good talent though.

Oh for sure. I mean there are only abou 15-20 preseason locks IMO ( may not even be that many). Id be shocked if 4 of those 5 didnt make it though. Either way its a strong field for an 8 team tourney.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be the Maui for me. Being a Gophers bball fan, I'm interested to see how we stack up against Syracuse. I don't think we will win, just may be able to get a gauge of how we will fair against top 10ish types of teams. Should have four definite NCAA Tournament teams w/California, Syracuse, Baylor and Gonzaga. And the other three could be NIT type teams with Arkansas, Dayton and Minnesota.

Pretty solid field IMO.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be the Maui for me. Being a Gophers bball fan, I'm interested to see how we stack up against Syracuse. I don't think we will win, just may be able to get a gauge of how we will fair against top 10ish types of teams. Should have four definite NCAA Tournament teams w/California, Syracuse, Baylor and Gonzaga. And the other three could be NIT type teams with Arkansas, Dayton and Minnesota.

Pretty solid field IMO.

Maui is a really nice field too. Alot of good tourneys this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maui is a really nice field too. Alot of good tourneys this year.

:agree:

Really looking forward to this year. Does the board get a lot more traffic during the season? I've spent the last couple years at a different college bball board. Going to give this a try.

Btw Iowa looks solid this year. I'd guess on selection Sunday they'll be anywhere from a 5-8 seed.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Battle 4 Atlantis was insane last year. Louisville, Duke, VCU, Memphis, Missouri, Minnesota. 4 top 6 seeds in the tourney. Mizzou an 8 and the Gophers an 11. Stanford made the NIT. That may have been the best field in the history of a tournament.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Battle 4 Atlantis was insane last year. Louisville, Duke, VCU, Memphis, Missouri, Minnesota. 4 top 6 seeds in the tourney. Mizzou an 8 and the Gophers an 11. Stanford made the NIT. That may have been the best field in the history of a tournament.

Next year they have UNC, UCLA, Georgetown, Florida, Wisconsin, Butler, OK State and UAB... LOL. Thats fucking nuts.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Really looking forward to this year. Does the board get a lot more traffic during the season? I've spent the last couple years at a different college bball board. Going to give this a try.

Btw Iowa looks solid this year. I'd guess on selection Sunday they'll be anywhere from a 5-8 seed.

Its never super busy on the CBB board but the people that are here all know what they are talking about and can debate intelligently so its pretty good. I think Iowa should be about a 4-6 seed myself especially if they can start winning some of their close games. B10 is slightly down this year IMO ( although still LOADED). Ill be disappointed with anything short of a S16 appearance this year. Returning basically everyone from a 25 win team so I think a S16 is reasonable.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year they have UNC, UCLA, Georgetown, Florida, Wisconsin, Butler, OK State and UAB... LOL. Thats fucking nuts.

Battle of Atlantis knows how to do it. Quickly becoming the destination for the early season tournament.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its never super busy on the CBB board but the people that are here all know what they are talking about and can debate intelligently so its pretty good. I think Iowa should be about a 4-6 seed myself especially if they can start winning some of their close games. B10 is slightly down this year IMO ( although still LOADED). Ill be disappointed with anything short of a S16 appearance this year. Returning basically everyone from a 25 win team so I think a S16 is reasonable.

Nice, I love college bball more than any sport. I follow it religiously. Even do my own mock projections for selection sunday. I know...:lame: Last 2 year's only missed one team each year. Love debating and talking college bball.

Champions classic is going to be ridiculous!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty solid field IMO.

For sure the Maui trouney is tops on my list. I know the Cuse is favored, but they are replacing a lot losing MCW and Triche at the point. Tyler Ennis is a freshman and will be just fine...but he can't play 40 minutes a game. After that....I may as well be handling the ball.

Another preseason tourney I'm interested in is the Hall of Fame Tip Off which has UofL and UNC. Both very good teams. The NIT and Battle 4 Atlantis finals will be really interesting.

Lots of good ball coming up this year. I'm one that doesn't believe UK is all that and a bag of chips. We'll see. I think Michigan and Duke are the two best teams out there. But ya never know...at least till conference play gets going.

Good luck sucka's.....Cuse is headed to the ACC. :rockon:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good ball coming up this year. I'm one that doesn't believe UK is all that and a bag of chips. We'll see. I think Michigan and Duke are the two best teams out there. But ya never know...at least till conference play gets going.

Jonvi, didn't you and your bro live in Kentucky, go to school there, or something like that?

C'mon man...give some props to UK...you could at least say that they are the greatest team ever this year!:rollseyes::clap::laugh3:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what to think of UK. I mean its 100% possible they are the best team in the country and win the title ( like 11 ) and its also 100% possible that a bunch of young kids dont mesh, they arent as good as advertised and the Cats go to the NIT ( like 12 ). Thats the problem with having so much turnover every year. Tough to create chemistry like that and while you can win based solely on talent its not as easy as if you are in sync with each other.