• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Season Tourneys

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the problem with having so much turnover every year. Tough to create chemistry like that and while you can win based solely on talent its not as easy as if you are in sync with each other.

To win with highly ranked freshmen, you have to convince them to give up the "me first" identity, and become a team player. It's what the 2012 UK team did. Scoring the most points was secondary to making sure you did what was best to help your team win.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arizona-Duke game is going to be awesome.

Not a preseason game but I'm also looking forward to Kansas @ Colorado. I have a feeling Colorado takes that game. Quote me on it.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi, didn't you and your bro live in Kentucky, go to school there, or something like that?

C'mon man...give some props to UK...you could at least say that they are the greatest team ever this year!:rollseyes::clap::laugh3:

My brother still lives in Richmond. :yahoo:I'm going to see him next month so I'll be able to talk some smack to him face to face.

I love me some UK ball. But I've watched way to much bball to believe a group of one and done freshmen is the right receipie for a title. Cauly-Stein has a good head and is a stud...maybe that will be enough to get these kids to man up. We'll see. I'm skeptical.

Even Carmello Anthony was supported by a Junior - Jeremy McNiel (Center) and Senior Keith Duany (Forward). And he had to have someone who was very good around him to do all the unselfish things that Anthony wouldn't do. I think very good Juniors and Seniors are needed to play a conference schedule and tournament and then 6 in a row for the dance.

My pounding on UK being ranked one shouldn't be interpretated to mean I'm bashing UK. I'm bashing the AP and Coaches for looking past some very good teams with upper classmen that are beast.