• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NASCAR season

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to mention as much. But the big rub out was fortunately completely avoided by Chastain (who I'd never heard of?) and almost every contending Camaro.

I thought, sucker's luck.

Then you get the big restart and all the inevitable shenanigans going on and sure as shit, Chastain trying to be bold from 3rd shits bed and that's that.

Sucker's luck. Hendrick sleazes into another win.

I liked Gordon/Johnson Hendrick.

It's Tofu Hendrick now.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Rambunctious. In NASCAR, everyone is fair game and he might have got wrecked inadvertantly as some driver behind him tapped another and voila, he got taken out.
Damn I bet that driver was pissed. He had the win.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't with restrictor races...inevitably it is the same shit where you flip a coin as to who gets wrecked and who doesn't.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My three picks and results: :scratch:

1 - Chase Elliott - 14
2 - Kyle Busch - 12
3 - Jimmy Johnson - 28

At least they all finished.

Top 3: Byron, Bowman, and Bell

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rooting interests were Melon Man, Kyle Busch, and Chase Briscoe (since I've rooted for Stewart Haas through the Harvick years). Didn't make up my mind on one.

I guess I'll just keep rooting for those 3, maybe not even pick a main guy.

And I'll be rooting against Hendrick, Gibbs (especially the grandson and Hamlin), and Michael Jordan's team. I'd have a hard time rooting for anyone who cries because they can't tell a garage door pull rope from a noose.
Also can't stand Carson Hocevar from his antics in the lower series.
And I've hated Keselowski for years.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My three picks and results: :scratch:

1 - Chase Elliott - 14
2 - Kyle Busch - 12
3 - Jimmy Johnson - 28

At least they all finished.

Top 3: Byron, Bowman, and Bell

Retro, looks like I'm just not ready to place any big money bets on these races. So many factors involved like the car itself and the team/driver, endurance, and a lot of luck.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that right jvett. Especially with NASCAR!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a classic demonstration of how effed-up NASCAR is with all of their control. Its a vid of an actual test between a 1970 Plymouth Superbird manufactured by Petty Enterprises racing the Hendricks Number 9 car of today. There are actual images in the vid from the real test interspersed with video games images. You can tell the difference but they wanted to see if the heavier 1970 Superbird with 430 hp could beat a lighter car of today Chevy Camaro with 510 hp. I won't give away the result but see for yourself because this youtube vid exposes a whole host of issues about NASCAR!! I was laughing my ass off!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a classic demonstration of how effed-up NASCAR is with all of their control. Its a vid of an actual test between a 1970 Plymouth Superbird manufactured by Petty Enterprises racing the Hendricks Number 9 car of today. There are actual images in the vid from the real test interspersed with video games images. You can tell the difference but they wanted to see if the heavier 1970 Superbird with 430 hp could beat a lighter car of today Chevy Camaro with 510 hp. I won't give away the result but see for yourself because this youtube vid exposes a whole host of issues about NASCAR!! I was laughing my ass off!!

Wow! Now that is a race!

Isn't there a problem though with speed. I mean there must be a max considering safety with 40 cars on an oval track. Which is why they decided on restrictors, I guess. Ideally, all cars shouldn't all be the same visually but should they have similar hp/weight for fairness. Or is that too wimpy. It would be exciting to see a 500-mile race race with less rules like the one in the video. I've read some about NASCAR attendance decreasing and many believe there are too many rules, etc. :scratch:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. The purpose of the video is to show that a car that has less rules, less hp, and more weight can beat a car of today that is highly regulated, less weight, and more power. NASCAR today actually have less cars on the track then back-in-the-day when they allowed anywhere from 43 to 60 cars on the track. What happens with the higher speeds is cars spread out and the racing is much safer and way more interesting. The regulations keep the cars clumped with wrecks nearly guaranteed and the racing becomes boring and regulated to death!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. The purpose of the video is to show that a car that has less rules, less hp, and more weight can beat a car of today that is highly regulated, less weight, and more power. NASCAR today actually have less cars on the track then back-in-the-day when they allowed anywhere from 43 to 60 cars on the track. What happens with the higher speeds is cars spread out and the racing is much safer and way more interesting. The regulations keep the cars clumped with wrecks nearly guaranteed and the racing becomes boring and regulated to death!!

Interesting. The question is then, how did the Dodge overcome the HP and weight disadvantages. Give some credit to the driver, of course even in a simple 2-car race; but how were standard NASCAR rules "broken" as far as the car itself specifically, goes, if you know.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodge reduced their weight and increased the HP by modifications made to their 360 c.i. engines because NASCAR banned the hemi engine in 1965. The hemi engine was very dominant and it was considered an unfair advantage motivated by Chevrolet whining up a storm. Then the Pettys kept running the winged stock Dodges and Plymouths because it was so stable aerodynamically. That winged car was so dominant that the Petty's didn't have to have excessive or equal power until NASCAR banned the winged warrior car in 1970. Buddy Baker running a 1970 Daytona Dodge Charger with the wing set a new NASCAR speed record at Talledega superspeedway of nearly 220 mph for a lap because of the super stability proved by the front air dam and that huge rear wing. This time Ford joined Chevrolet in whining and because NASCAR wanted to regulated speeds and keep them under 200mph, they banned the winged cars. That was the beginning of the growing regulations and Chrysler stopped building gas guzzling big V-8s in the 70's in their production cars. The biggest V-8 was a 360 c.i. Thereafter Chrysler began reducing their supply and factory support and Petty went to Chevrolet and Pontiac in the 80's. Chrysler finally left NASCAR altogether in 2012 after what they stated as increasing perception of regulations aimed at specifically Chrysler. Their cars became too heavy with insufficient HP and Chrysler decided it was too expensive to stay and compete. They were also going under and we're losing sales that forced them to bankruptcy in the late 90's and early 2000's.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodge reduced their weight and increased the HP by modifications made to their 360 c.i. engines because NASCAR banned the hemi engine in 1965. The hemi engine was very dominant and it was considered an unfair advantage motivated by Chevrolet whining up a storm. Then the Pettys kept running the winged stock Dodges and Plymouths because it was so stable aerodynamically. That winged car was so dominant that the Petty's didn't have to have excessive or equal power until NASCAR banned the winged warrior car in 1970. Buddy Baker running a 1970 Daytona Dodge Charger with the wing set a new NASCAR speed record at Talledega superspeedway of nearly 220 mph for a lap because of the super stability proved by the front air dam and that huge rear wing. This time Ford joined Chevrolet in whining and because NASCAR wanted to regulated speeds and keep them under 200mph, they banned the winged cars. That was the beginning of the growing regulations and Chrysler stopped building gas guzzling big V-8s in the 70's in their production cars. The biggest V-8 was a 360 c.i. Thereafter Chrysler began reducing their supply and factory support and Petty went to Chevrolet and Pontiac in the 80's. Chrysler finally left NASCAR altogether in 2012 after what they stated as increasing perception of regulations aimed at specifically Chrysler. Their cars became too heavy with insufficient HP and Chrysler decided it was too expensive to stay and compete. They were also going under and we're losing sales that forced them to bankruptcy in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Good short history of it. I seems that if NASCAR heads remove/modify the rules, wouldn't we eventually end up where we started with each racing team adopting the same changes in their cars thus eliminating any advantage. among the cars.

To see real racing, they should try a few independent races with no rules within reason and see how that evolves.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans have been crying for years to send NASCAR racing back to less rules favoring more brand distinguishing additions/subtractions that made racing so much more interesting to watch. But NASCAR has declined each suggestive attempts and the racing and sport have suffered because if it!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good short history of it. I seems that if NASCAR heads remove/modify the rules, wouldn't we eventually end up where we started with each racing team adopting the same changes in their cars thus eliminating any advantage. among the cars.

To see real racing, they should try a few independent races with no rules within reason and see how that evolves.
Actually, Chrysler appealed the NASCAR ban of the Hemi in 1965 and got a stay until 1970 when it was finally yanked for good because the Hemi combined with the winged cars of the Pettys was nearly unbeatable!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, my Legands/Petty drivers finished 21st for Nemechek and 25th for Jones. Nemechek moves to 6th overall in the standings and Jones stays at 9th. The Legends team is having a great start to the 2024 season!