• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early bold prediction...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Eagles player with the surprise big year will be:

Jordan Matthews

This guy is a respectable NFL talent who played almost by himself at WR last year. Put two legitimate WRs on the outside this year and Matthews may have a big year in the slot. Suddenly he is being covered by safeties or nickel CBs and he already has the confidence of Wentz. I think he is going to earn a new contract.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has a big year he's going to get paid way more than he's worth.

This season could go a lot of different ways at WR. One of the constants is that Jordan Mathews will be a solid option to go to, but thankfully he's no longer the go to WR. They really hit a homerun at upgrading this position as much as possible for 2017. Any of these guys could really break out.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so. He is a class act, and hard worker. We need more of those kind. Hopefully, Jeffrey really breaks out and stays long term as well. Add Gibson to them, and we'll have a solid WR corps.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, our WR core is very temporary this season. Depending on how it all goes, who will stay?

Jeffery
Mathews
Agholor

I don't think we can afford to keep all of em.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
71rfPn-L8WL._SL1500_.jpg

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Eagles player with the surprise big year will be:

Jordan Matthews

This guy is a respectable NFL talent who played almost by himself at WR last year. Put two legitimate WRs on the outside this year and Matthews may have a big year in the slot. Suddenly he is being covered by safeties or nickel CBs and he already has the confidence of Wentz. I think he is going to earn a new contract.

Early for sure......not bold to me. What I mean is I kind of expect this too. "Big" year is relative.....but I would expect HUGE improvement from Jordan being back in the slot where he works well. Stay healthy and he will be a huge impact player.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting your best returning WR to have a good year is hardly bold. He outperformed both Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith over the last two years. He is the team's best WR and the addition of some once good players doesn't change that.

What would be more bold is to predict one of the re-treads to have a good year.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting your best returning WR to have a good year is hardly bold. He outperformed both Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith over the last two years. He is the team's best WR and the addition of some once good players doesn't change that.

What would be more bold is to predict one of the re-treads to have a good year.
Do you ever read the crap you post on here. Matthews could not carry Jeffreys joke strap. Your boy Chipper f'd Smith's career.
Are you always the contradictarian?

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever read the crap you post on here. Matthews could not carry Jeffreys joke strap. Your boy Chipper f'd Smith's career.
Are you always the contradictarian?

Your talking about two WRs that are virtually the same height and speed.

Jordan has
225 receptions for 2,673 yards and 19 TDs in 3 years. Pretty good start to a career.

Alshon's stats over his first three years were comparable to that, but well below that production the last two years. He was not offered a long term contract for a reason. He is not a proven No BS #1 receiver. He really is Matthews two years older.

As far as Smith, he was on the downside before Chip showed up in SF. But even looking at his first three years, he was pretty much just a Jordan Matthews in terms of production.

I am not saying Jordan Matthews is all that. He looks good but not great. Just people are over-rating these bargain basement veterans that Howie picked up. I would rather have them than not, but I don't believe they are any better than Jordan at this point in their careers.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, our WR core is very temporary this season. Depending on how it all goes, who will stay?

Jeffery
Mathews
Agholor

I don't think we can afford to keep all of em.

Good question. Due to cap hits. Maybe Matthews gets traded. After this season, Agholor goes for sure.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Jordan has a great year, I still wouldn't re-sign him to anything more than $5M annually. He can be replaced eventually - his return may depend on what happens with Jeffery after this season, but I wouldn't break the bank on him. Get one really good year out of him and collect the comp pick if he wants too much - this is a common Baltimore practice, so maybe JD will bring some of that thought process here too to recoup extra draft picks.

If we're making bold predictions here, FWIW, mine is Jalen Mills. Not because I think it will happen but it would be bold to think that he not only locks up one of the starting spots at CB, but also makes next year's Top 100 players list and gets a 2nd or 3rd team All-Pro nod. Bold but still reasonably realistic.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they have a very tough schedule, but my prediction is 12 - 4. Playoffs. Wentz will prove all doubters wrong and show he is more like Tom Brady than Greg Brady. I really like the moves they made. The secondary got better by just letting the stiff that were there go. I like Jalen Mills. I think Rasul Douglas is a player.
Just my 2 cents.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they have a very tough schedule, but my prediction is 12 - 4. Playoffs. Wentz will prove all doubters wrong and show he is more like Tom Brady than Greg Brady. I really like the moves they made. The secondary got better by just letting the stiff that were there go. I like Jalen Mills. I think Rasul Douglas is a player.
Just my 2 cents.

That's pretty bold! I like it!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon's stats over his first three years were comparable to that, but well below that production the last two years. He was not offered a long term contract for a reason. He is not a proven No BS #1 receiver. He really is Matthews two years older.

You have got to be kidding me. This is a completely ridiculous comment and it is obvious you know absolutely nothing about Ashlon Jeffrey. He is a legit #1 receiver and far better than Matthews. Ashlon has a issue of staying healthy but when healthy he is one of the best in the game. The one year deal is a prove it deal to himself and the team that he can stay healthy.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be kidding me. This is a completely ridiculous comment and it is obvious you know absolutely nothing about Ashlon Jeffrey. He is a legit #1 receiver and far better than Matthews. Ashlon has a issue of staying healthy but when healthy he is one of the best in the game. The one year deal is a prove it deal to himself and the team that he can stay healthy.

That healthy thing matters. Alshon has had two seasons out of five that he has played sixteen games. One of the key attributes of a #1 is to be on the field.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That healthy thing matters. Alshon has had two seasons out of five that he has played sixteen games. One of the key attributes of a #1 is to be on the field.

Which is the reason he has a one year deal. This is why people think you post only to start bullshit. First you make comment that Jeffrey is not a #1 receiver. Anyone with with just average football knowledge would know that is nonsense. They you say that Jeffrey is Matthews just 2 years older. Not even remotely close, Jeffrey is clearly the better receiver. Then you say he was not offered a long term contract. Something else not accurate. He was offered deals but not the kind of deal he was looking for. He and the Bears negotiated for some time. He took a one year deal because it would be his best shot at getting a really good one later if he remained healthy.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Jordan has a great year, I still wouldn't re-sign him to anything more than $5M annually. He can be replaced eventually - his return may depend on what happens with Jeffery after this season, but I wouldn't break the bank on him. Get one really good year out of him and collect the comp pick if he wants too much - this is a common Baltimore practice, so maybe JD will bring some of that thought process here too to recoup extra draft picks.

If we're making bold predictions here, FWIW, mine is Jalen Mills. Not because I think it will happen but it would be bold to think that he not only locks up one of the starting spots at CB, but also makes next year's Top 100 players list and gets a 2nd or 3rd team All-Pro nod. Bold but still reasonably realistic.

That is BOLD! I have high hopes for Jalen, but next year, he becomes a slot CB, and Sidney takes over to team with Douglas.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents.
That's pretty bold! I like it!

I like it too. That said, I will be happy with 10-6, and a playoff win.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG: don't get upset with DPD, he is a Chip feind, and not an Eagles fan. I thought he would go away, and some guys thought I was a jerk about getting him banned. I just try to ignore him.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I wanted M Williams (and still wish we could have) the Barnett pick was a smart one. I wanted us to do more for the offense, but they actually did more for the TEAM. They gave Wentz enough to work with and improved the entire team - not just the offense.

My 2 predictions...

Barnett gets 10 sacks this year... coming just 3 short of Reggie Whites rookie season of 13

Alshon Jeffrey scores 10 TD's, tying his career high, and 4 short of TO's first year here which was a franchise record.