• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how we pay him or what we would trade for him, but the guy obviously wants to come to Big D.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how we pay him or what we would trade for him, but the guy obviously wants to come to Big D.
he is looking for Eric Berry money. Even if we had the opportunity to get him (he is under contract) we cant/shouldnt pay him that kind of money therefore he wont be here.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is looking for Eric Berry money. Even if we had the opportunity to get him (he is under contract) we cant/shouldnt pay him that kind of money therefore he wont be here.
This is the kind of thinking that has us 22 years and counting. Earl Thomas would add so much to this defensive secondary in leadership alone. Philly did not blink getting Jekins. How is that working out for them??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of thinking that has us 22 years and counting. Earl Thomas would add so much to this defensive secondary in leadership alone. Philly did not blink getting Jekins. How is that working out for them??
I disagree. Us spending a lot of money on players is why we handicap ourselves on other signings in the cap era.
Berry got over 78 mil, which means now Thomas (if he gets his wish) will cost more.
I am all for spending on thomas, but you have to have a limit. Also I really wouldnt want to sign a 7 year deal with Thomas. More like 4.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he signs for the sign 3 year $16M Jenkins did with Philly? If so, sign me up in a second!!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd the Carr signing work out for us. The team is still trying to figure out how to pay for a few if it's own pending FA's.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I didn't say get him. I just said the man wants to be here.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm mostly down on FA signings after our record with them.

To me, the best use of FA is filling the gaps with serviceable veterans, not with high priced veterans who are demanding so much money is hurts our team overall.

We're doing pretty good these last few years of finding high skill/highly coachable players in the draft. I wouldn't blow a gasket over a 2-3 year deal for Thomas, but nothing more, and in the ball park of 13-15 million would be ideal, with only about 8 guaranteed. As was already said, though, he's currently under contract and a lot can change in a year. Let's see what he's like in 2018.

Even better, in my estimation, is to allow the young guys to develop on the field. They have shown some promise.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I didn't say get him. I just said the man wants to be here.
I'm all for bringing Thomas here and think he is a great player. I just don't think we can give him the dollars he is going to get. First priority is Martin, second is Lawrence, then still have to figure out how to handle Irving and I still hope this team sees that we should be bringing back Hitchens. Do we bring in a WR? Cooper or another OL?How do we do all of that and bring in Thomas also? I just don't see it and in part because we should not restructure Smith (due to back problems) or Dez (due to performance). I think our DBs are going to be more than serviceable as is going forward. I think with Lewis, Awuzie, Brown, Woods, Jones, Frazier (run downs only) we have a nice core of young guys. Then we still have Scandrick, Heath and Marquez White to make decisions on. If we added Thomas this would likely be one of the better secondaries in the league, but maybe "better than average" and $10M plus per year to spend elsewhere would be better for the overall team. Tough call if he becomes available

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he signs for the sign 3 year $16M Jenkins did with Philly? If so, sign me up in a second!!!
I would love Thomas at that price.