• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles O-Line...are they really a top unit year in/year out?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much but if you keep repeating the lie over and over you start to believe it yourself. Everyone knows he is full of shit. It appears he can't jack off until he gets trigger responses from PE1 so he is trying to troll him. Just sad....

Your lack of patience has triggered your faggotry.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually liking this thread quite a bit. There are huge discrepancies with the Eagles oline if you compare Football Outsiders to PFF. I don't watch enough Eagles football to know which stat is more accurate

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for that link liar.
It's funny, he claims to be in people's heads, yet he craves the attention and can't function normally without it. The Catch 22 that is factually true about every troll.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually liking this thread quite a bit. There are huge discrepancies with the Eagles oline if you compare Football Outsiders to PFF. I don't watch enough Eagles football to know which stat is more accurate

The Eagles have one of the best O-Lines in football. I think the best coached offensive line in the NFL is the Patriots O-Line. They seem to do great with good but not great talent. The best O-Line in the NFL IMO is the Cowboys line with a healthy Travis Frederick.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, he claims to be in people's heads, yet he craves the attention and can't function normally without it. The Catch 22 that is factually true about every troll.

He is quite laughable. I mean he took a post from another thread and used it to created a new thread to call someone out. If that isn't an attention whore I don't know what is. He could have just replied to PE1 and moved on.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FBO has them rated lower because they don't take into account the fact that Philly hasn't had a goof RB since LeSean McCoy was traded. PFF takes into account individual player grades when coming up with their overall rankings.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FBO has them rated lower because they don't take into account the fact that Philly hasn't had a goof RB since LeSean McCoy was traded. PFF takes into account individual player grades when coming up with their overall rankings.
Philly's stuffed rankings (hit behind the line of scrimmage) were quite bad, though, and RB has very little to do with that.

Philly's adjusted sack rate was the same as Cleveland's last year. Figure that one out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's stuffed rankings (hit behind the line of scrimmage) were quite bad, though, and RB has very little to do with that.

Philly's adjusted sack rate was the same as Cleveland's last year. Figure that one out.
There were three top 10 OL that had stuffed rates in the 20s, I don't think that's a huge factor.

EDIT: Sorry, that was the 2017 rankings, not 2018. That said, in the 2018 rankings, the Cardinals had the 6th best stuff ranking and had a stud RB in David Johnson, yet their OL ranked 25th overall in the rushing game, so there's obviously more to it.

I'm not sure what the sack rate comment was getting at.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is quite laughable. I mean he took a post from another thread and used it to created a new thread to call someone out. If that isn't an attention whore I don't know what is. He could have just replied to PE1 and moved on.

Already did that. He’s. Dodging it now that he knows I’m right.
3 time bet welcher sissy pants

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been on since 12:54AM, and you started this thread over 2 hours later. He's not dodging you, dumbass. He's just not on. Man, you're desperate.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the sack rate comment was getting at.
Its more of a reference to the fact that if the Eagles oline is elite then something else involved with the Philly's offense is overrated because with the eyeball test the Eagles oline is way more talented than the Browns oline

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just give this one up. Even cowboys fans are saying the eagles oline is a top line in the league. Still no link to your stats, while others provided pff's rankings.

Fact is, the eagles have had a top online for years now. Probably since early in andy Reid's tenure in the early 2000s. With the exception of a year or 2 here and there of course. Starting with the end tandem of runyan and thomas and continuing with Johnson and peters. Add in strong guards and centers and you have the makings of a consistent line for a decade+.

OP started this thread figuring everyone would Rip into pe1. But, has most everyone disagreeing with his stance. Hell, he cant even provide a link to his supposed facts.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more of a reference to the fact that if the Eagles oline is elite then something else involved with the Philly's offense is overrated because with the eyeball test the Eagles oline is way more talented than the Browns oline
The Browns OL was the best in the NFL in pass pro over the final 8 weeks of last season and it wasn't even remotely close. It was a big part of what got Freddie Kitchens promoted to HC. They graded out as #2 on PFF by the end of the season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns OL was the best in the NFL in pass pro over the final 8 weeks of last season and it wasn't even remotely close. It was a big part of what got Freddie Kitchens promoted to HC. They graded out as #2 on PFF by the end of the season.
So the biggest factor in oline play is coaching?

Not sure thats a ringing endorsement for olines in general.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you on this. I think coaching only comes into play if you have good players. I use the Patriots as an example because they never seem to have big name talent on the offensive lane but always see to come up big. That does not mean they do not have talent. Coaching will come into play when you are dealing with schemes and assignments but you still have good lineman. I don't care how good a coach you are if you have bad players you will suck.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you did not provide any proof. I would not replied either. If you are going to just pull random numbers out of the air and not provide proof of those numbers you don't deserve a response.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You tell me. You said the Browns really didn't have much talent on the OL yet when Kitchens took over as OC, their play dramatically improved. Of course some of that is on Baker and Chubb and how they played, but the overall OL grade improved so drastically, you can't discount it.