• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Move up to the #2 Pick

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take a look at top 5 QBs drafted in the past 15 years.

Winston
Mariota
Bortles
Luck
Griffin
Newton
Bradford
Stafford
Sanchez
Ryan
Russell
Young
Smith
Manning
Rivers
Palmer
Carr
Harrington

17 QBs.
5 legitimate Pro Bowlers(Luck, Newton, Manning, Ryan, Rivers).
6 complete busts(Sanchez, Russell, Young, Carr, Harrington, Griffin)
3 TBDs(Winston, Mariota, Bortles)
3 league average starting capable players(Stafford, Smith, Palmer)

So a 30% chance for a stud. 30% chance of a complete failure. 50% chance of a starting capable QB.

FTR, if you wanted to shift back the date range to not include the young guys, replace Winston, Mariota, Bortles, with Manning, McNabb, Couch, Akili Smith, and Leaf. Then it would be 19 top 5s, 43% chance of stud, 47% loser.

If you have the pick and don't have a QB, it makes total sense. But giving up the farm on a roulette roll is pretty dangerous.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Fitz was by far the top prospect. Sean Taylor was probably most everyones #2 regardless of position. Gallery and pre workout Mike Williams. Many had Winslow, Big Ben and Roy Williams over Rivers too.
Are you talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick or Larry Fitzgerald? Are we still talking about QB's?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'm not going to argue with you what ESPN said. IMO, the NFL scouts know a hell of a lot more than ESPN. Just my opinion.
What scouts are you seeing that are talking about Goff and Wentz being sure things? I've seen mixed reviews, to be honest.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff apparently has little girl hands, and can't even grab his girlfriends ass like a man

The last QB with similar little girl hands was Dave Kreig, who I believe till today, still owns the record for most fumbled by a QB

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What scouts are you seeing that are talking about Goff and Wentz being sure things? I've seen mixed reviews, to be honest.
I'm not sure what scouts are saying that Goff and Wentz will be "sure things" in the NFL. I know the Rams, Eagles, Cowboys and Niners are pretty high on both of them.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Eagles jumped up ahead of Dallas to draft Ramsey? :shocked:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd laugh at the stupidity of the folks running the eagles
what if San Diego takes Ramsey at 3? :eek:

I expect they would, isnt he considered the Top non QB player?

And the Chargers sure as shit need everything they could get their hands on, on defense

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff apparently has little girl hands, and can't even grab his girlfriends ass like a man

The last QB with similar little girl hands was Dave Kreig, who I believe till today, still owns the record for most fumbled by a QB
FWIW, Rodgers 9.38", Romo 8.86", Dalton 9.50", Flacco 9.625". Goff 9.00".

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. Even if Goff/Wentz works out, you're creating holes in several other positions based on the lack of picks available.

That's true.. as someone said you are likely passing on a very good starter at a minimum. But look around the league at those teams with franchise QB's.. Lots of holes on them as well, Heck, NO might have the worst roster in the league outside of the QB position overall and are around .500 just with that one spot filled. It's so tough to get every position of need filled in the NFL and nearly impossible to keep them that way. But if you can fill the QB one with a high level of play, you can make up for a lot of issues elsewhere I believe. It's tough to find teams that win despite having a bad QB, or lose despite having a good QB. Get your teams leader, the guy responsible for so much more than any other position when you can.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree,
That's the point. Even if Goff/Wentz works out, you're creating holes in several other positions based on the lack of picks available.
I agree, but the Rams need a good QB to make it to the playoffs. Don't forget they haven't been to the playoffs in 13 years and haven't had a winning season in 11 years. The Rams are pretty solid on defense and they drafted some good talent on the O-line last year. The Rams have +55,000 season tickets sold for the 2016 season in Los Angeles and have to start winning NOW, or they will lose their fanbase in a hurry.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, down the road it will definitely hurt. The only way it makes a little sense is in a "we can win now" situation and they're most definitely not in that situation.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree,

I agree, but the Rams need a good QB to make it to the playoffs. Don't forget they haven't been to the playoffs in 13 years and haven't had a winning season in 11 years. The Rams are pretty solid on defense and they drafted some good talent on the O-line last year. The Rams have +55,000 season tickets sold for the 2016 season in Los Angeles and have to start winning NOW, or they will lose their fanbase in a hurry.

I understand that's the standpoint of the team, I just strongly disagree. Maybe it's because I despise meatball fans with a passion that consumes my soul, or maybe it's that I've seen what happens when you de-prioritize draft depth (the Bears), or maybe it's that I've seen what happens when you build a team from the ground up (the Cubs), but I hate the "win now" mentality. IMO it's the #1 thing that kills organizations across all the major sports leagues.

I'm not saying I always hate sacrificing part of the future for a short term gain, say to trade for a pitcher at the deadline. I just don't think giving up multiple years of high draft picks for one player will ever work.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. He's had a passer rating above 90 3 times in his career.

2 really good years out of 11.
3 time pro bowler, best QB or top 2 last year, I think his record with Arizona is something like 30-10. Had that injury in 2005 that put his career in jeopardy otherwise imo he would've been a no doubt Franchise QB type of guy.