• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Move up to the #2 Pick

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not saying it will work out. There is a very real chance he is another Couch/Leaf/Russell. Then it is a major fail. But I'd rather they take the best shot they have at the best franchise QB they have a chance for, then run the much higher risk they don't find that guy.

That's not fair to Couch IMO. He had promise if not for the injuries, led the Browns to a playoff appearance.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The success percentage is exceedingly high in the top 2 picks compared to other areas of the draft.

Only top 2 picks to win Super Bowls this millennium are the Mannings. Two mid first rounders, a late first rounder, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder, a 6th rounder, a 9th rounder, a journeyman, and a grocery store worker make up the rest.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The success percentage is exceedingly high in the top 2 picks compared to other areas of the draft.
I'm not sure what the criteria is for "success", but Interesting. Is the complete bust % high too?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only top 2 picks to win Super Bowls this millennium are the Mannings. Two mid first rounders, a late first rounder, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder, a 6th rounder, a 9th rounder, a journeyman, and a grocery store worker make up the rest.

LOL...and Warner only cost them a bag of frozen peas...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the criteria is for "success", but Interesting. Is the complete bust % high too?

The example a few pages back had the success rate for the top 2 at 60+%.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If success is limited to superbowl champions, then you have a HOF full of unsuccessful players. Success shouldn't be limited to the HOF either. Making pro bowls, maintaining a winning record, something reasonable.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If success is limited to superbowl champions, then you have a HOF full of unsuccessful players. Success shouldn't be limited to the HOF either. Making pro bowls, maintaining a winning record, something reasonable.

I've always thought that you have to pick the right guy and it doesn't matter where you take him. The value system on QB prospects is all screwed up and that's why most of these scouts get it all out of order and cost their teams so dearly at the position. Even with all the data and time on film they don't have any clue what they should actually be looking for. They look at something like a guy's arm as the most important when really it's one of the least important things as long as it's above a reasonable threshold. And they look at stuff like athleticism and don't understand that being able to create space and throw a good ball after moving within the pocket is far more important than how a guy throws after breaking the pocket. The NFL has spoken on the subject, but not many are listening - the guy that can get the ball to his playmakers is more important than the QB being the playmaker himself.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans, too funny on their reaction to this move by the Eagles. If I'm not mistaken, haven't the Eagles been ahead of the Boys in the season ending standings 3 of the last 6 years? Think about that for a minute, and the Cowboys had ROMO!..LOL

FYI Cowboy fans, when Romo retires, you might be the Browns of the NFL...unless of course you get lucky with a UDFA again...well, good luck with that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to have too many Qbs than too few. I would have thought Browns fans would know this by now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans, too funny on their reaction to this move by the Eagles. If I'm not mistaken, haven't the Eagles been ahead of the Boys in the season ending standings 3 of the last 6 years? Think about that for a minute, and the Cowboys had ROMO!..LOL

FYI Cowboy fans, when Romo retires, you might be the Browns of the NFL...unless of course you get lucky with a UDFA again...well, good luck with that.

That a Boy!
Be all you can be

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys have a history of food QB's I sure they'll be OK. Besides they play the Skins twice a year ago a year giving them great chances at a win or two.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have a history of food QB's I sure they'll be OK. Besides they play the Skins twice a year ago a year giving them great chances at a win or two.
Cowboys have had some good ones, but they have also had some large gaps in between. Just saying....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have had some good ones, but they have also had some large gaps in between. Just saying....
Danny White would be an all time great for many organizations. The Redskins all time great QB never played and won a playoff game. Just saying...