• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Move up to the #2 Pick

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but in fairness....Sammy was good back in the leather helmet days

Still, put aside the Redskins QBs, it could be a challenge to find Romo replacement. Could be a long drought.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have a history of food QB's I sure they'll be OK. Besides they play the Skins twice a year ago a year giving them great chances at a win or two.

I hope your sleeping it off, cause I doubt you could pass a sobriety test.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that you have to pick the right guy and it doesn't matter where you take him. The value system on QB prospects is all screwed up and that's why most of these scouts get it all out of order and cost their teams so dearly at the position. Even with all the data and time on film they don't have any clue what they should actually be looking for. They look at something like a guy's arm as the most important when really it's one of the least important things as long as it's above a reasonable threshold. And they look at stuff like athleticism and don't understand that being able to create space and throw a good ball after moving within the pocket is far more important than how a guy throws after breaking the pocket. The NFL has spoken on the subject, but not many are listening - the guy that can get the ball to his playmakers is more important than the QB being the playmaker himself.

In the pocket vs out of the pocket can both work. Call it Brady vs Rodgers/Wilson. Of course, there has to be SOME pocket presence, whatever it takes to create enough time for the receivers to get separation (quicker with more talented targets of course). As far as the QB not needing to be a playmaker, I don't know if that holds water in terms of championship teams. Clearly Brady is the playmaker with his rag-tag set of targets (Gronk not withstanding). The same can be said for Rodgers and Russell Wilson.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the pocket vs out of the pocket can both work. Call it Brady vs Rodgers/Wilson. Of course, there has to be SOME pocket presence, whatever it takes to create enough time for the receivers to get separation (quicker with more talented targets of course). As far as the QB not needing to be a playmaker, I don't know if that holds water in terms of championship teams. Clearly Brady is the playmaker with his rag-tag set of targets (Gronk not withstanding). The same can be said for Rodgers and Russell Wilson.
Brady makes playmakers out of everyone. He was getting it to Shane Vereen to win his last super bowl. The more Russell gets it to Baldwin and Lockett the better he is.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reeks of disfunction in the Eagles Front Office. You don't spend the $22M on Bradford AND trade for Wentz. Clearly its different people making decisions at different times.

You gotta figure that Bradford has every right to be p--ed. The end result is he was essentially lied to...told that he would have a good shot at proving himself to be the guy long term, only to have the rug pulled out from under him a month later. I would expect Bradford to force a trade.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reeks of disfunction in the Eagles Front Office. You don't spend the $22M on Bradford AND trade for Wentz. Clearly its different people making decisions at different times.

You gotta figure that Bradford has every right to be p--ed. The end result is he was essentially lied to...told that he would have a good shot at proving himself to be the guy long term, only to have the rug pulled out from under him a month later. I would expect Bradford to force a trade.

Bradford has no right to be pissed.

He's had 5 years to prove himself to be "the guy" long term.

And he's still probably going to be the starter, til he inevitably gets hurts and proves yet again why he's not "the guy", and why any team that would give him a shot at that title with no real competition is insane.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has no right to be pissed.

He's had 5 years to prove himself to be "the guy" long term.

And he's still probably going to be the starter, til he inevitably gets hurts and proves yet again why he's not "the guy", and why any team that would give him a shot at that title with no real competition is insane.

The history is really not relevant here. Its a new coach and a GM that had little to do with bringing him to Philly. The contract is the sort of financial commitment that you would expect of a guy that is going to be given every chance to prove himself as a long term starter in Philly. To then trade the farm to move up and draft your replacement is inconsistent clearly with what the understanding was only weeks ago when that contract was signed. Doing both moves makes little sense for Bradford or the Eagles organization.

Bradford has every right to be upset about this sort of move. He would have been much better off going to a place like Denver, but he believed the bull Howie was slinging and signed with Philly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The history is really not relevant here. Its a new coach and a GM that had little to do with bringing him to Philly. The contract is the sort of financial commitment that you would expect of a guy that is going to be given every chance to prove himself as a long term starter in Philly. To then trade the farm to move up and draft your replacement is inconsistent clearly with what the understanding was only weeks ago when that contract was signed. Doing both moves makes little sense for Bradford or the Eagles organization.

Bradford has every right to be upset about this sort of move. He would have been much better off going to a place like Denver, but he believed the bull Howie was slinging and signed with Philly.

Let the millionaire be upset. He's stolen more money in his career thus far than most can claim.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. SHow me a link where Sammy wanted to be an Eagle long term? He has no loyalty to the Eagles. The Eagles got him to sign short term because the market for him wasn't there. He has NO right to be pissy. He can go suck rock salt for all I care. He career was almost done if it wasn't for dip shit Chipper trading for him. Nobody wanted him. Again, he is here on a 2 yr contract, probably 1 and dealt after the season. No way do I deal him now. Let him play with a chip on his shoulder and win some games, therefore, we can get a decent pick in return. Btw, I don't mind this deal with the Browns. The Eagles need a franchise QB badly and you have to take a shot at it if the opportunity comes. Just my opinion.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. SHow me a link where Sammy wanted to be an Eagle long term? He has no loyalty to the Eagles. The Eagles got him to sign short term because the market for him wasn't there. He has NO right to be pissy. He can go suck rock salt for all I care. He career was almost done if it wasn't for dip shit Chipper trading for him. Nobody wanted him. Again, he is here on a 2 yr contract, probably 1 and dealt after the season. No way do I deal him now. Let him play with a chip on his shoulder and win some games, therefore, we can get a decent pick in return. Btw, I don't mind this deal with the Browns. The Eagles need a franchise QB badly and you have to take a shot at it if the opportunity comes. Just my opinion.
Don't disagree with what you say, except getting the runner up for the best QB hasn't really worked out well. I expect that to continue in this draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree with what you say, except getting the runner up for the best QB hasn't really worked out well. I expect that to continue in this draft.

Still not sure that the Rams will choose wisely though. It's a tough read between these two prospects.