• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Move up to the #2 Pick

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more than deserving to go to a contender...just as long as it's not in the AFC North. :nono:

Really...I hear you...this would have to be a trade and no less than a 2nd rounder at that, probably a 1st and I don't see anybody in DIV giving up a 1st rounder unless they were planning to use it on a LT.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*NFC east

Lol

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really...I hear you...this would have to be a trade and no less than a 2nd rounder at that, probably a 1st and I don't see anybody in DIV giving up a 1st rounder unless they were planning to use it on a LT.

Yeah, I think Seattle is the squad I've heard most in connection with Cle on a trade. Maybe Denver.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well and Dan Marino was a 2nd round pick if I remember right so just goes to show that you don't have to use a top-2 pick to get a good/great/legendary QB in this league. I understand if you really like somebody trading up a bit to get them but man when you give up that much you are really putting all your eggs in one basket and not giving that one egg a complete chance to thrive because of the missing parts. I see the odds of this working out for Philly around 5% and the odds that they will lose a top-10 pick next year because of this trade at about 60%.
He was a late 1st. There were rumor of him liking nose candy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Seattle is the squad I've heard most in connection with Cle on a trade. Maybe Denver.

I'm highly doubting Denver anymore. We just signed Okung to a very team friendly deal and are already up against the Cap. We would have to do some major work to get him under contract plus lose a 1st round pick most likely in the deal. Seahawks would also struggle cap wise to make this happen. They would have to re-work some deals but because of a greater need I could still see them interested. Plus they have shown they really don't care too much for their 1st round pick for some reason.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad trade for Philly. Too many holes to fill and now not enough top picks to replenish them and now just gave Cleveland another top 12 pick for next year.
Where are these holes? We had a need at OG, we signed Brooks and Wisnieski. We had needs in the secondary, we signed McLeod and extended Malcolm Jenkins. We are getting our MLB Jordan Hicks back. Right now, I think the biggest need is RB, due to Ryan Matthews injury history. If Matthews can stay healthy for the whole season, he is a pretty darn good RB. WR might be a need area, but we drafted Aglohor in the 1st rd last year, hopefully he makes a bigger difference this year. I am not really sure what holes we really need to plug. I loved Ezekial Elliot but drafting an RB that high does not make sense, remember Trent Richardson?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are these holes? We had a need at OG, we signed Brooks and Wisnieski. We had needs in the secondary, we signed McLeod and extended Malcolm Jenkins. We are getting our MLB Jordan Hicks back. Right now, I think the biggest need is RB, due to Ryan Matthews injury history. If Matthews can stay healthy for the whole season, he is a pretty darn good RB. WR might be a need area, but we drafted Aglohor in the 1st rd last year, hopefully he makes a bigger difference this year. I am not really sure what holes we really need to plug. I loved Ezekial Elliot but drafting an RB that high does not make sense, remember Trent Richardson?

They didn't move up to draft Elliott, who would have been around at 8 anyhow.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't move up to draft Elliott, who would have been around at 8 anyhow.
They didn't but I keep reading how they got taken. I am fairly certain Elliott would be there at 8.
If Wentz/Goff turn into a franchise QB, then it was a steal, and Cleveland was the one that really got taken. Mike Mayock has Wentz and Goff as good as Mariotta and Winston, if not maybe better. He is one guy I trust in talent evaluations. Hopefully he is right. I also wish the Browns good luck with the picks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose, if the right deal was put on the table I would do it, but absent of that, he has 3-4 top shelf yrs left, I would still try to build around him. You have to hope Erving is better this yr...imo RT won't be too hard to replace Schwartz and the Gs are okay.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this was a bad decision by a first time coach as they usually have a shorter leash. He is tied to this kid and I would say he is given 2 seasons. If the QB isn't performing at a high level in year 2 he could be in some real trouble.

It is the same path the Eagles and Reid did with McNabb...
They are hoping to relive the path.....

Well they better hope Bradford plays lights out this season and the kid is ready to take over next year, that way they can trade Bradford away for some of the picks they gave up!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more about the 34M

Mist fans could care less about the money owners spend if it doesn't destroy the cap long term. Lurie makes billion... the money is nothing. If they spent 35 mill on new bathrooms would you care because to most it doesn't matter.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mist fans could care less about the money owners spend if it doesn't destroy the cap long term. Lurie makes billion... the money is nothing. If they spent 35 mill on new bathrooms would you care because to most it doesn't matter.
I was thinking more cap ramifications for the position than Lurie's bathroom. But I'm sure you guys see Bradford traded and recouping a #1 or #2. Hey...you're happy and as a fan of another NFC east team...I'm happy.

Win / Win :suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eagles better pray the Rams take Carson Wentz (along with every other NFC-West team).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Secondary got abused almost every game, needs more talent. Jenkins and McLeod can't do all the work.
D-line can use another playmaker.
O-line needs upgrades.
WR needs upgrades. Jordan Mathews had a nice season and Ertz as well but what else? We'll see in Aglohor
RB needs upgrades. When has Ryan Mathews ever been healthy? Sproles can't carry the load and is pretty much a 3rd down back.

All i'm saying is they could have built up the team with these picks and gone after a QB next season with their first rounder. Just my opinion.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just makes absolutely no sense for Philly. Da faq. Way too many holes to fill to be pulling this shit.
Chip must still be calling the shot on this stuff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can only go 7-9 in the NFC North, you have issues. Basically, if the QB they get doesn't turn out to be a stud, they're in big trouble. Bradford is horrible, Daniel is unproven, Jordan Matthews and Ertz are the only proven weapons on the offense, and the defense was absolutely horrible last year (bottom five in both scoring and total defense).

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have 2 teams trading up for 2 QBs who don't seem to be anything special. If I'm giving up 2 first rounders plus, I'm getting back a seasoned vet ready to contribute to a Superbowl run. I predict both the Rams and Eagles will be picking 1st round QBs again within the next 5 years, they'll probably be busts too. The Titans will be contending based on the Rams foolishness. The Browns...well....they'll probably fuck this up.