• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Move up to the #2 Pick

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say for Cleveland it isn't all about drafting bad players. To me this is a combo of a FO that has a huge disconnect from the coaching staff and an organization that hasn't shown the patience to let a coaching staff develop the players and get the players needed to run the system.

To me when a player busts there is just as much blame on the team as the player. There is a reason so many cellar dwellers stay in that spot even though they have top-10 picks every single season. It isn't that they just are that unlucky to always pick the one player that busts.

Now I will say I do like the coaching staff they have in place. Hue got a raw deal in Oakland when they were finally turning the corner but it wasn't fast enough in the eyes of Al Davis. So if the Browns can commit to him for 4-years even with some really bad seasons in that 4-years I think they could finally get out of the cellar.

Apparently the new FO and Coaching staff are all on the same page.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither QB is worth what the picks the Eagles and Rams gave up to get them imo. This looks to make Goff and Wentz 1 and 2 a lock, so now the Chargers have a lot to decide. Either make a good pick of need like Ramsey or Bucker or possibly trade back if a team towards the back of the top 10 wants one of them or Tunsil and try to add picks. Of course if that happens it's doubtful they'd get one of them, but if they get a very good offer it might be worth it.
YEP...looks like San Diego and then Dallas have the top two picks in the draft

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are missing on this:

They moved up to take Elliot! They didn't want to risk missing out on him so they moved up to take the RB!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest worry is more the owner. He seems to like to get involved more than some others. Does he have the patience to give this a true rebuild?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the dumbest trade I've been alive to witness first hand. WTF are the Eagles doing? I guess Chip Kelly's spirit has tarnished the Eagles FO...

That said, not sold the Browns are done making stupid moves. I'm sure they'll trade back into the first overall at this point. :noidea:

Browns = A+ (rarely give those out, first time ever to the Browns)
Eagles = Ungraded. There's no letter of the alphabet that suits the stupidity of this trade.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest worry is more the owner. He seems to like to get involved more than some others. Does he have the patience to give this a true rebuild?

Yeah, he's been way too antsy to get a winner going immediately his first few years on the job. After the last failed season I think he cleaned house and is starting anew with eyes on the long term. Everything I've heard from owner to front office to coach has been about building and getting better with the long term in mind.

That's why they were so quiet in free agency as opposed to years past where they'd waste big money on declining vets.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's been way too antsy to get a winner going immediately his first few years on the job. After the last failed season I think he cleaned house and is starting anew with eyes on the long term. Everything I've heard from owner to front office to coach has been about building and getting better with the long term in mind.

That's why they were so quiet in free agency as opposed to years past where they'd waste big money on declining vets.

I can see that some. At the same time though they let talented young players entering their 2nd contract walk as well not just aging veterans. Guys like Travis Benjamin, Alex Mack, Tashaun Gipson, and Mitchell Schwartz were proven commodities that were entering the prime of their careers. Throw in the Browns had/have the money to re-sign some of those guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this break down of the trade. Essentially the Eagles traded:

2 1st round picks
2 2nd round picks
1 3rd round pick
1 4th round pick
Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonzo to go from 13 to 2.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this break down of the trade. Essentially the Eagles traded:

2 1st round picks
2 2nd round picks
1 3rd round pick
1 4th round pick
Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonzo to go from 13 to 2.
Unless they are trading for someone as good as Dan Marino then they lost the trades

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haslaam may be fill in the blank, but he can't be totally ignorant to the recent history of the Browns...he's got to give these guys time to build this thing... I hear J. Thomas trades are popping up again...I would not make that one unless I could get Tunsil, but if so, they are in full out build mode...Hue & staff should get at least 4 yrs.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslaam may be fill in the blank, but he can't be totally ignorant to the recent history of the Browns...he's got to give these guys time to build this thing... I hear J. Thomas trades are popping up again...I would not make that one unless I could get Tunsil, but if so, they are in full out build mode...Hue & staff should get at least 4 yrs.

I love me some Joe Thomas, but if they're going to do the whole rebuild thing, might as well get something for the guy and hopefully he goes to a contender. He's still a very good player and a tremendous human on top of that. It's a shame cleveland could never get their shit together for him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they are trading for someone as good as Dan Marino then they lost the trades

Well and Dan Marino was a 2nd round pick if I remember right so just goes to show that you don't have to use a top-2 pick to get a good/great/legendary QB in this league. I understand if you really like somebody trading up a bit to get them but man when you give up that much you are really putting all your eggs in one basket and not giving that one egg a complete chance to thrive because of the missing parts. I see the odds of this working out for Philly around 5% and the odds that they will lose a top-10 pick next year because of this trade at about 60%.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Joe Thomas, but if they're going to do the whole rebuild thing, might as well get something for the guy and hopefully he goes to a contender. He's still a very good player and a tremendous human on top of that. It's a shame cleveland could never get their shit together for him.

I always keep wondering how close Cleveland and the Broncos were to getting that trade done earlier last year. Always hate to see a great player never seem to get a chance to succeed on a good team. Now if I were Cleveland I would definitely keep him at this point. RGIII can at least know his blind side is protected by the best and to me you already have plenty of draft ammunition that you don't need more.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are missing on this:

They moved up to take Elliot! They didn't want to risk missing out on him so they moved up to take the RB!

Better that than a North Dakota State QB that beat up on inferior competition.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that some. At the same time though they let talented young players entering their 2nd contract walk as well not just aging veterans. Guys like Travis Benjamin, Alex Mack, Tashaun Gipson, and Mitchell Schwartz were proven commodities that were entering the prime of their careers. Throw in the Browns had/have the money to re-sign some of those guys.
I don't think those guys were going to re-sign with the Browns no matter what. It's an overhaul, and as you said, these guys are entering the prime of their career. They want to try and win now and not a few years down the road. The Browns were never in position to re-sign those guys, so I'm not mad at them.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always keep wondering how close Cleveland and the Broncos were to getting that trade done earlier last year. Always hate to see a great player never seem to get a chance to succeed on a good team. Now if I were Cleveland I would definitely keep him at this point. RGIII can at least know his blind side is protected by the best and to me you already have plenty of draft ammunition that you don't need more.

The 2 guys I want them to always keep are Thomas and Haden.