• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles @ Lions Happy Thanksgiving

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Stafford can’t get enough of Jim Bob Cooter’s offense

Stafford said that Cooter called a play in the second quarter full of slant routes, but changed his mind before it was run.

“He said, ‘Ah, screw that. Let’s be aggressive,’ ” Stafford said. “Then, he gave me four verticals. I was fired up for it. . . .

“I loved it. Jim Bob called a great game, put us in position to win, in a position to make plays.”

I think I have to go to the comedy board and admit to laughing at Cooter being the OC. This guy looks like the real deal. Someone mentioned making Austin the HC earlier and that may be the way to go as they could then retain Cooter as well and just get a DC and GM.

We will have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Green Bay is officially fucked since Ditkta donned that sweater. I'm not even joking. Free fall if the Lions sweep them.

That would be the only bonus to finishing middle of the pack instead of losing out and getting the early draft pick.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate to say this, but if the Lions end the year on a streak like this, Caldwell shouldn't be fired.

I said a few weeks ago that this fan base needs to brace themselves, get themselves prepared for the strong chance that Jim Caldwell is still our coach next year. Martha likes him and it seemed pretty clear when everything was falling apart that he had not lost the players. I do think it will ultimately be up to the next GM but he'll be told how much they like Caldwell.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay is officially fucked since Ditkta donned that sweater. I'm not even joking. Free fall if the Lions sweep them.

Mike Ditka has nothing to do with it. I got my ho Olivia to work on Rodgers. She's doing a bang up job!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit!

I hit the turkey pretty hard last night and passed out right after they got done telling Bart Starr that Favre wasn't there to park his Buick.

Never woulda guessed they'd find a way to lose to Chicago at home. Still a good chance that Staff hasn't beat a winning team on the road after that.

But maybe we can finish second in the division? For real, that isn't even the Kool Aid talking.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit!

I hit the turkey pretty hard last night and passed out right after they got done telling Bart Starr that Favre wasn't there to park his Buick.

Never woulda guessed they'd find a way to lose to Chicago at home. Still a good chance that Staff hasn't beat a winning team on the road after that.

But maybe we can finish second in the division? For real, that isn't even the Kool Aid talking.

Kicking Mayhew and Lewand out of the building literally lit a fire under the ass oif this whole organization.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicking Mayhew and Lewand out of the building literally lit a fire under the ass oif this whole organization.
I got to see 4 or 5 of Calvins TDs yesterday. And it almost got me thinking that I don't want him to get cut.

But I do. And Golden Tate a lot more.

His comments on the radio about the firings making him look in the mirror pissed me off. Plus, I hate him. He shoulda looked in the mirror when he was bout 11 and realized his a bitch.

I'd rather if Caldwell had honest 100% effort guys at receiver next year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to see 4 or 5 of Calvins TDs yesterday. And it almost got me thinking that I don't want him to get cut.

But I do. And Golden Tate a lot more.

His comments on the radio about the firings making him look in the mirror pissed me off. Plus, I hate him. He shoulda looked in the mirror when he was bout 11 and realized his a bitch.

I'd rather if Caldwell had honest 100% effort guys at receiver next year.

I'm beginning to think both Calvin and Stafford are here for a long time. Both will prob be big reasons the new GM takes the job if this play continues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think both Calvin and Stafford are here for a long time. Both will prob be big reasons the new GM takes the job if this play continues.
Maybe.

I've been pro-longterm-Staff the whole time.

But I can only watch a guy not give a shit a couple times before I sour on him sticking around. And Im willing to see CJ's part time heart somewhere else.

On the GM thing, I'm starting to think we steal someone else's. Or we woulda already went with someone that gets Ford checks directed deposited currently. (Like OBX.)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are playing the best football in the NFC North right now.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This complete run the tables talk has got some serious cornbread smell to it.

Yeah it does, but why not at this point. Barring a complete reversal of their recent improvement ... just about everywhere, they're gonna win a couple more. So we can probably forget a top draft pick. The Pack is floundering and everyone else left on the schedule has a losing record. 9-7 is looking pretty good for a WC slot this year too the way the Pack & Falcons are playing lately.

What am I thinking ? :L

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really happened? I thought I was dreaming.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said a few weeks ago that this fan base needs to brace themselves, get themselves prepared for the strong chance that Jim Caldwell is still our coach next year. Martha likes him and it seemed pretty clear when everything was falling apart that he had not lost the players. I do think it will ultimately be up to the next GM but he'll be told how much they like Caldwell.

The Lions actually have a couple of good coordinators. Keeping Caldwell may be the best chance of keeping Cooter and Austin. If Caldwell gets fired, it'll probably be a clean sweep. It's not like Caldwell is Lombardi awful. I'm hoping they are all retained.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the cornbread and Kool-Aid is at an all-time HIGH.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way too early to crown Cooter a Champion just yet, imo.

but carry on.

the realists are peacocking ALL their true colors, finally.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way too early to crown Cooter a Champion just yet, imo.

but carry on.

the realists are peacocking ALL their true colors, finally.

Stafford actually had time to throw yesterday. Same OL. Granted, Chip Kelly is a buffoon, but still.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford actually had time to throw yesterday

That's what I understand. I went to my son-in-laws and daughters house yesterday for Turkey. His cable was out all day long. dipshit Auburn Grad had some AT&T universal garbage. I despise Auburn. him too, at times, especially yesterday.

but I am levitating today, so everything is back to norm.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to my son-in-laws and daughters house yesterday for Turkey.

I enjoyed them shooting down that Russian jet too, but I wouldn't miss the Lions on Thanksgiving for them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed them shooting down that Russian jet too, but I wouldn't miss the Lions on Thanksgiving for them.

Russia is going to exterminate Turkey. That's my guess.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the cornbread and Kool-Aid is at an all-time HIGH.

Watching a team get curb-stomped, and the Lions are the stomper instead of the stompee, will do that. Along with a 3 game winning streak. And Forrest Lombardi getting fired. Not to mention the clown show being shown the door.

Is hope a dangerous thing? Or the best of things? I'd like to think the last thing that went through Mayhew's mind, was how did he let Suh get the best of him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is hope a dangerous thing?

I've been hoping the Lions would be consistent winners since 1965.

I'm used to being curb stomped. Had hope that it wouldn't happen

Hope is dangerous, real dangerous.