• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Wade is the master flipper refs fooled

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think this fine at all makes Wade stop and think, "Hey, I shouldn't flop?" Of course it doesn't. Any player of his caliber (meaning money wise) doesn't care about this fine

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who didn't know wade was a flopper must not have watched the 2006 finals.

He actually flops less now, so he is getting better. Or just too tired to get up off the floor when only 10% of his flops are called

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look a Heat fan thinking it's all about them because we mention a Heat player!

OF COURSE I DO! Flopping needs to stop period! Yes Celtics do it all the time as well. But honestly how is this fine of a player of Wade's caliber, KG, Pierce, Rondo, etc going to "hurt" them?

Haha. Ok, that's fair. I've been active on the other flopping threads throughout the season, and the outcry from other posters has been almost totally absent until this.

These rules are only a few years old. There used to be no rules against it at all. I think this is a good stepping stone, but agree that something more could be done.

In general, I am slow to call something a flop. I think it is a dangerous slippery slope watching slow motion replays and deciding the intent of that person who is playing in an incredibly high paced game with huge athletes. That said, there are times (including this flop by Wade) when it is pretty obvious. As long as it doesn't go overboard I would support in-game reviews to give a technical.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Ok, that's fair. I've been active on the other flopping threads throughout the season, and the outcry from other posters has been almost totally absent until this.

These rules are only a few years old. There used to be no rules against it at all. I think this is a good stepping stone, but agree that something more could be done.

In general, I am slow to call something a flop. I think it is a dangerous slippery slope watching slow motion replays and deciding the intent of that person who is playing in an incredibly high paced game with huge athletes. That said, there are times (including this flop by Wade) when it is pretty obvious. As long as it doesn't go overboard I would support in-game reviews to give a technical.

haha. If there was a Heat fan that I actually like and can mock back and forth with it's YOU and BK...

Yeah it will be a little hard to actually have "replay" to see if someone flopped or not but still a lot of players make it pretty obvious that they are in fact flopping yet the officials still give them the calls. It is amazing how "over the top" players are actually going this year and last year and nothing... BECAUSE the fines don't do a thing... Players have no threat/fear that something truly bad will happen to them when and IF they get caught for flopping.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,918.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they may need to up the fines to get the point across

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they may need to up the fines to get the point across

I still don't think that would really get the point across... It might get to the rookies but not the superstars in the league.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it works

They are not going to stop doing it until it hurts the final outcome.

That ridiculous flop got Miami two free throws AND made Ginobili sit on the bench the rest of the half after he had just scored the last 4 spurs points.

Those 2 flop points actually mattered in the final score.

it was a bargain for only $5000.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how spurs fans doesn't have any issue when splitter and ginobli are flopping.

You guys are making a big deal about a flop in the 2nd quarter?

I'm pretty sure there were multiple calls that went the spurs way that resulted in more than 2 points

Please stop crying

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how spurs fans doesn't have any issue when splitter and ginobli are flopping.

You guys are making a big deal about a flop in the 2nd quarter?

I'm pretty sure there were multiple calls that went the spurs way that resulted in more than 2 points

Please stop crying

not many of them are so blatant they need to discuss it on air for a couple of minutes. The Heat apparently have taking the "how to fake a finger to the eye 101" course, and they all aced it. I don't fault Wade though, the refs fall for it. And I bet in game 3 he really does take a shot to the eye and it won't get called. Wades has been doing the "ow my eye" bit for years.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked the saying "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just feel the need to lie, cheat and steal to get ahead in sports and in life.

I'd rather hold my head high, win, lose or draw.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa gentlemen, I think we all know that LBJ is the only player in the history of the game to do any of the following so just hate him like everybody else:

-Leave a team to win rings
-flop, LBJ invented it and is the sole executioner of such practices
-have a press conference
-publicly state his desire to win rings in a pep rally
-habitually slay unicorns and live off the blood
-is racist...because he is respected by Doc rivers who we all know is a racist because he was a member of the Celtics
-punches kids in wheel chairs
-single handily responsible for sinking the titanic, Hurricane Katrina (and the 5 days it took the white house to deliver water), the Great Depression (which probably only the Haters remember) and the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

I know that because I read the interwebs, Lebron James is the root of all evil.

Lebron also caused the Holocaust and he is the reason my knee hurts.