• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dusty Baker fired; Obama a stalker? Cano a deadbeat Dad.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close games yesterday. The NL could have two quick series.

Sox/Rays this afternoon.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About effing time. Good riddence, Crusty

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About effing time. Good riddence, Crusty

I may be in the minority here, but I never saw Baker as a good manager. I see him as a guy that was easily out-managed, and could never get the most out of his players. I put him in the same class as Lou Piniella. I thought these guys were more lucky than good.

Who is the next manager fired? We already have seen Sveum and now Baker drop. My bet is Ron Washington.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker squandered talent the entire time he was in Cincy. I know Giant fans aren't necessarily his biggest supporters either.

His game time decisions just leave you feeling :suspicious:

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dusty baker fired - who cares

obama a stalker - do tell

cano a deadbeat dad - do tell

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the braves flat out choked last night. place was rowdy and they didn't know what to do with kershaw.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dusty baker fired - who cares

obama a stalker - do tell

cano a deadbeat dad - do tell

The woman who was killed yesterday near the Capitol apparently had a history of mental isues, and the report is she may have thought that Obama was stalking her.

As for Cano, the mother of his 3 yr old son in the DR says that Cano is a deadbeat dad and very cheap. She is suing him for more child support. There was a report that Cano's lawyers tried to bully her into signing an agrement that would pay her $600 a month in child support.

This clown is making $15mm, and looking for $30mm/year on a new contract, and he can't pony up for his kid? What an asshole!

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the braves flat out choked last night. place was rowdy and they didn't know what to do with kershaw.

Not many know what to do with Kershaw, and the road doesn't get easier with Greinke on tap next.

I see the Braves and A's as being very similar. Both K a helluva lot, and they need the HR ball to score runs. The problem with that strategy is that when you face the better teams in the playoffs, with presumably better pitching, those offenses go in the tank. See the 2012 Yankees as a recent reference.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
girardi fires agent and signs with jay-z. seeks $305 million 10 year deal with one year paid vacation.....

Yankees make Girardi an offer, and the sides agree to meet again - CBSSports.com

I think when a lot of payers and their agents get ready to negotiate with Brian CASHman, the conversation starts off something like this:

agent: Hey Brian, let's talk about that new contract for so and so. I know this great bar that makes the best margueritas.

CASHman: Hey....I LOVE MARGUERITAS!!!

Next thing you know, someone just hit the lotto!

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Cano, the mother of his 3 yr old son in the DR says that Cano is a deadbeat dad and very cheap. She is suing him for more child support. There was a report that Cano's lawyers tried to bully her into signing an agrement that would pay her $600 a month in child support.

This clown is making $15mm, and looking for $30mm/year on a new contract, and he can't pony up for his kid? What an asshole!

i strongly disagree with the amount of money child support is paid. but for a guy making 15mill/yr, he should paying a lot more than 600/month

although, 600/month is sufficient funds for child support.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i'm paying more for my kid than robinson cano? :L

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a rollicking Friday start.

dusty baker gets good, talented teams, gets them into the playoffs, and then his brain apparently freezes up. I have no other explanation on why or how he can get three different teams into the post-season and have virtually nothing to show for it other than a WS loss and "Steve Bartman."

But he'll get another job.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when a lot of payers and their agents get ready to negotiate with Brian CASHman, the conversation starts off something like this:

agent: Hey Brian, let's talk about that new contract for so and so. I know this great bar that makes the best margueritas.

CASHman: Hey....I LOVE MARGUERITAS!!!

Next thing you know, someone just hit the lotto!

im sure you been asked before, but red sox, steelers, rangers??

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was hoping that Kershaw would have an off night but he was sharp as usual......It would be nice if Greinke would continue his playoff struggles

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a rollicking Friday start.

dusty baker gets good, talented teams, gets them into the playoffs, and then his brain apparently freezes up. I have no other explanation on why or how he can get three different teams into the post-season and have virtually nothing to show for it other than a WS loss and "Steve Bartman."

But he'll get another job.

fuck that i wouldnt hire him. 3 strikes yer out....

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins look dominate!

Hockey >> Brock

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck that i wouldnt hire him. 3 strikes yer out....

"Heads roll often, but they don't roll far."

By process of elmination, we can be sure that he will NOT be returning to Chicago, who have their eyes on Girardi and have already suffered through one of Dusty's tenures. The Yankees wouldn't touch him, even if Girardi left for the Cubbies...Boston, Tampa, Baltimore are all good...Mets, Braves, Phillies seem to be set - does anyone know if Sandberg is staying with Philly, for sure? Kansas City just extended Yost...Dodgers, Cards, Pirates are all set...ditto for the Tigers and Cleveland.

The only places I can think that might want him would be Washington, The White Sox, Seattle, or the Angels??? I have no idea if they're going to keep Scioscia around. Again, the guy gets opportunities with talented teams, so I could see him going to Anaheim, having them in the playoffs within 2 or 3 years, then getting beat in another LDS and fired. Again.