• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant caught using fake twitter accounts to defend himself for going to Golden State

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think it happens more than you would think - they just haven't been exposed. And again, I think it's stupid that people would even care. Your average Joe does it but for some reason professional athletes can't? Sounds like a double standard - which unfortunately happens all the time.

Well I would never compare an average joe to a multi millionaire athlete. Since when are the 2 ever held to the same standards? Comparing an average joe to someone famous is like trying to compare apples & oranges.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would never compare an average joe to a multi millionaire athlete. Since when are the 2 ever held to the same standards? Comparing an average joe to someone famous is like trying to compare apples & oranges.
Just because they're not held to the same standards doesn't mean that's how it should be. What makes the comparison so wrong? Because one has tons of money & the other doesn't? It's not like we're comparing two different species or something.

Anyway, I think this is such a minute thing to be judged on. It's no wonder some athletes and/or famous people reject the media & some strangers in general. Clearly they're expected to be flawless - which is impossible for any human being.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant to agent after leaving OKC: 'Why the f— did you let me do this to my life?'

Kevin Durant said he hit "rock bottom" soon after making his decision to sign with the Warriors in 2016.

In an in-depth interview with San Francisco Magazine's Jon Steinberg, Durant and his agent/business partner Rich Kleiman shared the extreme remorse the NBA star felt after leaving the Thunder.

Durant said the regret started days after he signed with the Warriors, while he was in China with Kleiman on a promotional tour with Nike Basketball.

He [Durant] was feeling the full brunt of the Internet’s fury about his perceived betrayal of Oklahoma... and the flak he was taking from people in Oklahoma City who had once professed deep affection for him was overwhelming. “To have so many people just say, ‘F— you,’ that really does it to you,” Durant tells me, still clearly anguished. “Because I truly had invested everything I had into the people I played for... And for those people that I know and love and trust to turn their back on me after I was fully invested in them, it was just... more than I could take. I was upset.
Durant said the blowback from his decision briefly messed him up.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant to agent after leaving OKC: 'Why the f— did you let me do this to my life?'

Kevin Durant said he hit "rock bottom" soon after making his decision to sign with the Warriors in 2016.

In an in-depth interview with San Francisco Magazine's Jon Steinberg, Durant and his agent/business partner Rich Kleiman shared the extreme remorse the NBA star felt after leaving the Thunder.

Durant said the regret started days after he signed with the Warriors, while he was in China with Kleiman on a promotional tour with Nike Basketball.

He [Durant] was feeling the full brunt of the Internet’s fury about his perceived betrayal of Oklahoma... and the flak he was taking from people in Oklahoma City who had once professed deep affection for him was overwhelming. “To have so many people just say, ‘F— you,’ that really does it to you,” Durant tells me, still clearly anguished. “Because I truly had invested everything I had into the people I played for... And for those people that I know and love and trust to turn their back on me after I was fully invested in them, it was just... more than I could take. I was upset.
Too bad for those only trying to highlight the negative that this article says at the end that TODAY he feels he made the right decision.

The hating is real - and there will always be minions who will continue to try to spread the hate.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what though?

The fact that he had to endure all that BS says a lot about our society. And it isn't good.

Players can be traded literally at any moment in time. Players get to make a choice for themselves every few years.

Fans who blast players for making that choice are flat out wrong. A free agency decision should be just that. Free.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Stephen Jackson ever respected anyone?

Better question:

What gives Stephen Jackson the right to criticize a player of KD's stature? Barkley, Shaq, TMac, even Billups, I have no problem. But, only former stars should be able to criticize current superstars. Jackson was a quality role player. He needs to stay in his lane and call out guys like Matt Barnes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question:

What gives Stephen Jackson the right to criticize a player of KD's stature? Barkley, Shaq, TMac, even Billups, I have no problem. But, only former stars should be able to criticize current superstars. Jackson was a quality role player. He needs to stay in his lane and call out guys like Matt Barnes.

Stephen Jackson was one of the guys who went into the stands and assaulted fans. I think he's the last person who should be saying he doesn't respect anyone.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that Durant sits when he pees. Hes such a mommas boy no respectable woman will touch him. I now see where he's throwing his agent under the bus for ruining his life by advising him to go to GS. Surely KD had to know the consequences of his actions.

G8bZmzg.gif

I hope KD never finds this comment lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Jackson was one of the guys who went into the stands and assaulted fans. I think he's the last person who should be saying he doesn't respect anyone.

LOL.

That too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about a slightly above average Joe?