• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are many so quick to assume that Boogie is gone from Golden State after the season?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but then that's a coaching problem and not a Boogie problem. Your premise is kind of eerily similar to another panic poster on here who said Boogie needs to play more defense because that's what the Warriors need. That's not how it works. The team needs to figure out how to use him and play to his strengths. Until then Boogie's gonna do what he does best on offense and his weakness are still going to be exposed.
Agreed but not sure we're disagreeing. There's a problem, let's see if the coaches can fix it.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have no problem.

You want Turner on the Lakers then???

We'll take either Ingram, Hart, or Kuzma. Pick two of three.

OK, didn't think so. Point being, with Turner being such a relatively unknown commodity at this point we're not going to find too many suitors for that contract. Because of that, we're better off hanging onto him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Turner on the Lakers then???

We'll take either Ingram, Hart, or Kuzma. Pick two of three.

OK, didn't think so. Point being, with Turner being such a relatively unknown commodity at this point we're not going to find too many suitors for that contract. Because of that, we're better off hanging onto him.

I would definitely take Turner on the Lakers. I think you're overestimating his trade value a bit, especially with that contract.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention his specific situation. He had a career threatening injury. He has never had a huge contract. He will get one if he can
Might not even be a contender, he has been a mixed blessing at best for the Ws. I'm still not sure he's helping the team overall

If the Warriors can keep him, I think he actually will help them.

From everything I remember when Kobe went through his Achilles injury. It basically takes 2 years. The first year is just having the surgery to repair it and the 2nd year is getting it and himself back to top form (or as close as possible) and learning to trust it again.

With Boogie, you also have to consider that he had to learn a new team and system and didn't really get to be on the floor with them until about halfway the season.

From the little I've seen of him, it looks like he's got a lot of the same mobility as he did before the injury, which is big.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely take Turner on the Lakers. I think you're overestimating his trade value a bit, especially with that contract.

His contract isn't terrible at $18 million per when you consider he's only 22 and likely to only get better.

Wouldn't want to include Ingram for him though and probably couldn't anyway given his health issue.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract isn't terrible at $18 million per when you consider he's only 22 and likely to only get better.

Wouldn't want to include Ingram for him though and probably couldn't anyway given his health issue.

Certainly easier to fit than $40M for AD in 2020.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors can keep him, I think he actually will help them.

From everything I remember when Kobe went through his Achilles injury. It basically takes 2 years. The first year is just having the surgery to repair it and the 2nd year is getting it and himself back to top form (or as close as possible) and learning to trust it again.

With Boogie, you also have to consider that he had to learn a new team and system and didn't really get to be on the floor with them until about halfway the season.

From the little I've seen of him, it looks like he's got a lot of the same mobility as he did before the injury, which is big.
He's a terrible defender especially in the pick and roll, he's not hitting 3s, and he doesn't know how to move the ball the Warriors way

Pass. Won't matter as we can only pay him like $6.5 mil or something, and he will get far more elsewhere, Lakers maybe leading possibility. Add in his attitude and you can have him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a terrible defender especially in the pick and roll, he's not hitting 3s, and he doesn't know how to move the ball the Warriors way

Pass. Won't matter as we can only pay him like $6.5 mil or something, and he will get far more elsewhere, Lakers maybe leading possibility. Add in his attitude and you can have him.
I agree that his game needs to change but he may be a good piece to keep though once Durant leaves at the end of the season. We saw what might be a preview of that last night in Houston.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that his game needs to change but he may be a good piece to keep though once Durant leaves at the end of the season. We saw what might be a preview of that last night in Houston.
Last night was definitely how it looks when he's realizing his potential with the Ws. But there have been a lot of stinkers too. Let's see how he looks in the playoffs vs only good teams

Also it's moot because they can only pay him 6.5 mill and he will get far.more than that elsewhere

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was definitely how it looks when he's realizing his potential with the Ws. But there have been a lot of stinkers too. Let's see how he looks in the playoffs vs only good teams

Also it's moot because they can only pay him 6.5 mill and he will get far.more than that elsewhere

They could pay him more if they create cap space, correct? Just need to let Klay and Durant walk, lol? Say, Durant to NY and Klay to the Lakers? :trash:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could pay him more if they create cap space, correct? Just need to let Klay and Durant walk, lol? Say, Durant to NY and Klay to the Lakers? :trash:
No they can't there's some rule regarding MLE players where the same team can only offer like 120% of what they made so in his case only like $6.5 mil . No way he doesn't get offered many times that elsewhere.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Durant leaves? I wonder if part of the difference in his play last night had to do with the absence of Durant.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Durant leaves? I wonder if part of the difference in his play last night had to do with the absence of Durant.
He definitely stepped up knowing he needed to without KD

But the rules are what prevent them from offering much regardless of what KD does, Boogie is 100% leaving

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely stepped up knowing he needed to without KD

But the rules are what prevent them from offering much regardless of what KD does, Boogie is 100% leaving

Well, they had a good run. With no Durant, Cousins and possibly Green next year and with Curry being on the wrong side of 30, it may be coming to an end

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they had a good run. With no Durant, Cousins and possibly Green next year and with Curry being on the wrong side of 30, it may be coming to an end
Nothing lasts forever especially sports dynasties. 4 rings in 5 years, I'm extremely satisfied

Green is still here one more year at least though. But it looks like they will probably be back to the original big 3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing lasts forever especially sports dynasties. 4 rings in 5 years, I'm extremely satisfied

Green is still here one more year at least though. But it looks like they will probably be back to the original big 3
In my opinion that's not a certainty at all.

We've probably seen the last of the two bench stalwarts, Iguodala and Livingston as well. They both came up big at critical times during this run.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion that's not a certainty at all.

We've probably seen the last of the two bench stalwarts, Iguodala and Livingston as well. They both came up big at critical times during this run.
Yeah the team is definitely on its last run IMO. And of course nothing is guaranteed but the Warriors are still the strong favorites this year

Since this may be the last hurrah I'm savoring it every day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie is 100% leaving

There's a good chance, but I'm not sure I'd say it's 100% that he doesn't come back.

The Achilles takes a long time to heal. Not just the initial process, but even after the players starts playing again.

Boogie took the contract that he did because he didn't get the big offers he was looking for and the Warriors were one of the few and maybe the only franchise that offered him anything.

If he gets the offers that he's looking for, he gone.

But if teams don't feel like they haven't seen enough to make big enough offers, then I could see him running it back for 1 more season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a good chance, but I'm not sure I'd say it's 100% that he doesn't come back.

The Achilles takes a long time to heal. Not just the initial process, but even after the players starts playing again.

Boogie took the contract that he did because he didn't get the big offers he was looking for and the Warriors were one of the few and maybe the only franchise that offered him anything.

If he gets the offers that he's looking for, he gone.

But if teams don't feel like they haven't seen enough to make big enough offers, then I could see him running it back for 1 more season.
Sure I'm just making the claim that he will get many offers from desperate teams. Like the Lakers (sorry but they are all messed up after this rough year)