• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dungy hearts Brady

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Dungy's commentary on Monday night football but he's has a sore spot around Brady, Belichick and the Patriots.

He's got 2006 and then he has 2006.. That's it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick was an average NFL coach before Tom Brady . That's fact . There is no viable, logical system of analysis you can use that would not have Brady number 1. Even the people who ranked him second are fucking insane

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick was an average NFL coach before Tom Brady . That's fact . There is no viable, logical system of analysis you can use that would not have Brady number 1. Even the people who ranked him second are fucking insane
Pete Carroll is a bad coach by this logic? This isn't logical, m8.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to argue Carroll was "good" with NE and New York?
Good? No . He was aberage. I think .500 or a few games over . Belichick was substantially under .500 pre Brady. 16 games under I believe

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good? No . He was aberage. I think .500 or a few games over . Belichick was substantially under .500 pre Brady. 16 games under I believe
Those Browns teams were heading in the right direction as an organization and unless I am really blanking it shows when it arrived in Baltimore. Not everything must be instant gratification. Not every coach must coach the same way they did 25+ years or so ago. Look, we've seen teams with as good or better QB's than Brady. Peyton Manning, Marino (will rustle jimmies) Rodgers, and you can include arguably top 10 ever guys like Ben and Brees and they don't have gobs of rings like Brady do. Is the difference between Brees and Brady all that significant? Or how about Rodgers? Manning? Marino?

Much like Montana-Young Brady benefits from a generational coach and the ability to stock the roster with talent. Along with some luck here and there as all champs have to a degree.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Browns teams were heading in the right direction as an organization and unless I am really blanking it shows when it arrived in Baltimore. Not everything must be instant gratification. Not every coach must coach the same way they did 25+ years or so ago. Look, we've seen teams with as good or better QB's than Brady. Peyton Manning, Marino (will rustle jimmies) Rodgers, and you can arguably top 10 ever guys like Ben and Brees don't have gobs of rings like Brady do. Is the difference between Brees and Brady all that significant? Or how about Rodgers? Manning? Marino?

Much like Montana-Young Brady benefits from a generational coach and the ability to stock the roster with talent. Along with some luck here and there as all champs have to a degree.
Sure. Coaches can get better just like players . Experience is a plus . That said it's the players who determine a seasons outcome . Bad coaching is far far more likely to lose a game than good coaching is to win it imo

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Coaches can get better just like players . Experience is a plus . That said it's the players who determine a seasons outcome . Bad coaching is far far more likely to lose a game than good coaching is to win it imo
Man I can't agree to this given what I see with Andy Reid's play designs (along with his staff) every week. That offense has no business being good 2013-2016 yet it has been fringe top 10 to elite in DVOA every year he has been here: With Alex Smith as his QB. The Chiefs are a very average team with a mediocre coach.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your right Pete Carroll was 10-6 his first year in NE and won the div. Belichick went 5-11 and 0-2 with the same QB Bledsoe and word around here was that Bill would probably get blown out by Kraft if he had another dismal season

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I can't agree to this given what I see with Andy Reid's play designs (along with his staff) every week. That offense has no business being good 2013-2016 yet it has been fringe top 10 to elite in DVOA every year he has been here: With Alex Smith as his QB. The Chiefs are a very average team with a mediocre coach.
I think Alex Smith is severely underrated but we've had that discussion before

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alex Smith is severely underrated but we've had that discussion before
I agree- he's underrated in that he's popularly portrayed as terrible. He's not, but it's pretty obvious the talent around him has outgrown his skillset with the Chiefs at this point watching and following the team. I am no Alex hater, not really a homer (I think?) of his either outside of 2013.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree- he's underrated in that he's popularly portrayed as terrible. He's not, but it's pretty obvious the talent around him has outgrown his skillset with the Chiefs at this point watching and following the team. I am no Alex hater, not really a homer (I think?) of his either outside of 2013.
Alex does what he does and he's excellent at it. Once he quit trying to be something he wasn't he's done nothing but win. 60-26 since 2011. One year is a fluke . 6 straight years is no fluke, it's just reality

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex does what he does and he's excellent at it. Once he quit trying to be something he wasn't he's done nothing but win. 60-26 since 2011. One year is a fluke . 6 straight years is no fluke, it's just reality
Again, not disputing he's better than popular opinion. But he plays an (ironically) dangerous game when you have a near league low in air yards and have a freaking stat named after you [ALEX] for the reluctance to throw past the marker. There's absolutely no reason in the world to do that when the offense has an adequate-good-improving OL and a menagerie of speedy targets; most notably Hill and Kelce. If your WR3 runs a 4.3, there's no way in the world you should have a college-y air raid type offense just because. Oh, and the TE is Travis Kelce.

Something to keep in mind though: While it's really unlikely to have good defenses for 6 straight years, Alex with the debatable exceptions of last year and 2014 has largely fit the bill; maybe even elite at that. Only a fool says he's terrible. Citing QBwinz ends up being the same knee-jerk in the other direction. What I will say about Alex is if he had not ruined his shoulder (thanks Nolan) I think he could've been a much, much better QB than he is now. With that in mind- it's probably why I am at least a bit protective/defensive of the idea of starting Mahomes year 1 in any serious pressure spot.

In his 4 years he has been terrible against mediocre at best Steelers secondaries. That's grounds to be fired when you're average as a whole and the goal are SB victories.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not disputing he's better than popular opinion. But he plays an (ironically) dangerous game when you have a near league low in air yards and have a freaking stat named after you [ALEX] for the reluctance to throw past the marker. There's absolutely no reason in the world to do that when the offense has an adequate-good-improving OL and a menagerie of speedy targets; most notably Hill and Kelce. If your WR3 runs a 4.3, there's no way in the world you should have a college-y air raid type offense just because. Oh, and the TE is Travis Kelce.

Something to keep in mind though: While it's really unlikely to have good defenses for 6 straight years, Alex with the debatable exceptions of last year and 2014 has largely fit the bill; maybe even elite at that. Only a fool says he's terrible. Citing QBwinz ends up being the same knee-jerk in the other direction. What I will say about Alex is if he had not ruined his shoulder (thanks Nolan) I think he could've been a much, much better QB than he is now. With that in mind- it's probably why I am at least a bit protective/defensive of the idea of starting Mahomes year 1 in any serious pressure spot.
You may remember I love Mahomes and I agree he fits your team's strengths far better. Alex will end up somewhere and that team will likely go from irrelevant to playiffs right away yet people still won't get it lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may remember I love Mahomes and I agree he fits your team's strengths far better. Alex will end up somewhere and that team will likely go from irrelevant to playiffs right away yet people still won't get it lol
Yep. My money is on the Jags personally via trade this offseason. That team would be in the WC hunt if not division instantly. Bortles is truly awful.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. My money is on the Jags personally via trade this offseason. That team would be in the WC hunt if not division instantly. Bortles is truly awful.
Lol. Great minds man. That's who my money is on too. I'm calling KC every day to try and get Smith if I'm the Jags. He's perfect for them. Really good young D, a rush attack that looks top 10 in the league , good serviceable wideouts and tight end. You add Smith to that and I think they win the South