• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There gonna sign Alex Smith which is stupid. Just blow it up and start over young. They are notorious for signing old players. Conflicted if Fitz should just retire a Cardinal or go grab a SB first. Go Cards!
I think someone is going to trade for Alex Smith and expect him to play like 2017 instead of the last 10 years and will be very disappointed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a few days ago. Pay this man Jerry:

Will McClay - G - Cowboys
Texans have been granted permission to interview Cowboys VP of player personnel Will McClay.

There were reports McClay turned down the interview request, but the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that is not the case. Even if he eventually declines the interview, it is a reminder how coveted McClay is around the league. Houston is also interested in Bills VP of player personnel Brian Gaine.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texans have been granted permission to interview Cowboys VP of player personnel Will McClay.

There were reports McClay turned down the interview request, but the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that is not the case. Even if he eventually declines the interview, it is a reminder how coveted McClay is around the league. Houston is also interested in Bills VP of player personnel Brian Gaine.
Jerruh needs to sign mcclay to a lucrative extension. We can't go back to those terrible drafts. Two great drafts in a row. Awuzie,Lewis and woods looked damn good at the tail end of the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys' VP Of Personnel Will McClay Officially Declines Interview With Texans

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:57 AM CST
FRISCO, Texas – The Houston Texans don’t yet know who their next general manager will be – but it won’t be McClay.

McClay, the Cowboys’ vice president of pro personnel confirmed Wednesday that he had officially declined an offer to interview for the Texans’ vacancy. McClay’s name had been circulating as a possible candidate for the job since last week, when Rick Smith took a leave of absence due to personal reasons.

This decision is undoubtedly welcome news for the Cowboys, as they ease their way into their preparations for the 2018 NFL Draft. Although he handles a variety of duties for the Cowboys’ front office, he has seen his name circulate in league circles largely for his role in Dallas’ draft success over the last five years.

McClay has run the Cowboys’ personnel department since 2014 – a stretch that has seen them draft Zack Martin, Demarcus Lawrence, Anthony Hitchens, Ezekiel Elliottand Dak Prescott.

This probably doesn't come as a surprise to those in the front office. Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Monday that he thought McClay was leaning toward remaining with the Cowboys.

“I just know Will has done a great job for us here. We think the world of him,” Jones said. “He works well, not only with obviously Jerry and myself, but he’s certainly a fine leader back there in the scouting department and then he’s got a great relationship with our coaching staff.”

The Cowboys still have some turnover to deal with on their coaching staff, to be sure. The Oakland Raiders announced the hiring of special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia to their staff on Wednesday. Tight ends coach Steve Loney and quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson have also confirmed their retirements.

At the very least, though, they’ll have stability in their front office with McClay staying in place.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone is going to trade for Alex Smith and expect him to play like 2017 instead of the last 10 years and will be very disappointed

You think he is a good Qb?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust mcclay will draft well and several new roOKs bolster the lineup. There is some serious talentry and several Qbs are going before 19. Cleveland is so dumb they probably trade the top pick again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he is a good Qb?
I think he does some things well. I think has has gone down field better this year. Perhaps because of Kelce and Hill. I hate this term because I don't think it deserves the negative connotation that goes with it, but To me he has shown over his career to be the ultimate game manager. He is accurate, but throws short too often and requires a good defense and running game to win games. He takes too many sacks for a guy that doesn't put up good numbers. He doesn't throw for TDs and can't pass his way to wins if other aspects of the offense aren't there. His best attribute is he doesn't make many mistakes and has always had very few Ints. I think he is decent in general and this year I think he was great. Too good to trade away and go with an unproven rookie, but not good enough to trade for and hitch your wagon to him and expect a huge improvement

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he does some things well. I think has has gone down field better this year. Perhaps because of Kelce and Hill. I hate this term because I don't think it deserves the negative connotation that goes with it, but To me he has shown over his career to be the ultimate game manager. He is accurate, but throws short too often and requires a good defense and running game to win games. He takes too many sacks for a guy that doesn't put up good numbers. He doesn't throw for TDs and can't pass his way to wins if other aspects of the offense aren't there. His best attribute is he doesn't make many mistakes and has always had very few Ints. I think he is decent in general and this year I think he was great. Too good to trade away and go with an unproven rookie, but not good enough to trade for and hitch your wagon to him and expect a huge improvement

If I was trying to find Daks best comparison- I would choose Alex Smith

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was trying to find Daks best comparison- I would choose Alex Smith
Maybe, I thought McNabb to high end of Russell Wilson if he improves and cleans up some things. He is a hard worker, I think he has a shot to get there

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, I thought McNabb to high end of Russell Wilson if he improves and cleans up some things. He is a hard worker, I think he has a shot to get there

I think pretty highly of Smith. Him and Dak had the same college coach. Mullen was Smiths Qb coach at Utah. Maybe that's why they do similar things.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close IMO.
Russell Wilson is mine

If you posted your description of Alex Smith and asked What Qb are you talking about- I think you would get just as many Dak answers as you would Alex Smith. They both run the ball well. They both take care of the football. They tend to both be conservative. Again there is nothing wrong with Alex Smith. Russell Wilson- I don't see it. Russell Wilson can run it, throw it , and his IQ is better than Dak. Now he is older and played more too. He just has a lot better skill set.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you posted your description of Alex Smith and asked What Qb are you talking about- I think you would get just as many Dak answers as you would Alex Smith. They both run the ball well. They both take care of the football. They tend to both be conservative. Again there is nothing wrong with Alex Smith. Russell Wilson- I don't see it. Russell Wilson can run it, throw it , and his IQ is better than Dak. Now he is older and played more too. He just has a lot better skill set.
Dak known for being able to run it, throw it and having a very high Football IQ. But yes, RW is older, but a lot closer in age to Dak than Smith. Unlike Smith neither Dak nor RW are seen as "pocket passers". There are just very few similarities with Alex Smith that aren't similarities with most good QBs

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would definitely take RW over Alex, but I would take Alex pretty high up too.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy would look real good in Dallas

Can we trust Watkins' feet to hold up? He's healthy this year, kinda...

I assume Watkins gets something like Tavon Austin money - not that Austin deserved what he got. Watkins has a lot of potential yet, but he has not really been a big time producer to this point. Add in the injury concerns... it just doesn't seem to me he will be getting crazy money.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just not feeling the TE, perhaps a late round selection. Gathers showed promise and I'm thinking he's been getting a whole bunch of attention to the X's & O's of the position. Dallas needs to add speed and hopefully that's what they do with an early draft selection who plays wide receiver