• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally we need to totally reload at WR and cut Dez and Williams. Beasley and Switzer are adequate #3's but we need a new #1 and #2
dont know what the ramifications are from cutting Dez (& I doubt this happens) but agree we have a weak #1 & #2.

We either get a burner kinda like harper was to Irvin, or get lucky & land a true #1. Dont know what Williams contract is like, but cant see us resigning him. We will go younger at that point or if at some point his contract balloons, is when he will get cut.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally we need to totally reload at WR and cut Dez and Williams. Beasley and Switzer are adequate #3's but we need a new #1 and #2
You have got to be joking. This was not a football smart idea.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear the plan to cut Dez and Williams and pay their dead money out (we don't save their entire salaries), resign all the other guys we need to this year and get us a new #1 and #2 WR. And there is no chance I am for a plan that includes a draft pick to be our #1 WR and no one would be for one that assumes #1 and #2 both come from the draft. Oh, and we also need to fix the defense.

Dez has $8M in dead money so in theory he costs us $8.5M less if we cut him as compared to keeping him. But you aren't likely getting a #1 for $8M. T Will will actually cost us $2.5M more to cut him. So between the two we save $6M if we cut them and lose two starting WRs and $6M may not even get us a good #2.

We were 9-7 and with a healthy T Smith and Zeke have one of better Offenses in the league even if we don't improve our WRs. If we improve a little we are one of the best. I'm all for an upgrade, but I think this train is getting a little out of control. I said this the other day and I know it's cherry picking and doesn't mean all that much, but we lost one game all year when both Lee and T Smith played.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Trey Burton draft a DT and you’re right back in contention for a SB... IMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear the plan to cut Dez and Williams and pay their dead money out (we don't save their entire salaries), resign all the other guys we need to this year and get us a new #1 and #2 WR. And there is no chance I am for a plan that includes a draft pick to be our #1 WR and no one would be for one that assumes #1 and #2 both come from the draft. Oh, and we also need to fix the defense.

Dez has $8M in dead money so in theory he costs us $8.5M less if we cut him as compared to keeping him. But you aren't likely getting a #1 for $8M. T Will will actually cost us $2.5M more to cut him. So between the two we save $6M if we cut them and lose two starting WRs and $6M may not even get us a good #2.

We were 9-7 and with a healthy T Smith and Zeke have one of better Offenses in the league even if we don't improve our WRs. If we improve a little we are one of the best. I'm all for an upgrade, but I think this train is getting a little out of control. I said this the other day and I know it's cherry picking and doesn't mean all that much, but we lost one game all year when both Lee and T Smith played.
I agree I dont think we are far off. We do need a speedy reciever and other needs, but now that I had time to really evaluate this season , we did not have anything go our way and still went 9-7.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Trey Burton draft a DT and you’re right back in contention for a SB... IMO
we haven't been in contention for a SB in a very long ass time
you gotta at least make an NFC championship game to be considered a SB contender

HEY....I think their calling for you valued football opinion on the eagles board...Lord knows we aren't!!!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we haven't been in contention for a SB in a very long ass time
you gotta at least make an NFC championship game to be considered a SB contender

HEY....I think their calling for you valued football opinion on the eagles board...Lord knows we aren't!!!

A team that went 13-3 is a contender to me. Sorry you disagree. But you look to fight about anything. If I said Dallas wasn’t contenders you would have freaked out on that too. I think Dallas is very close, obviously you disagree.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that went 13-3 is a contender to me. Sorry you disagree. But you look to fight about anything. If I said Dallas wasn’t contenders you would have freaked out on that too. I think Dallas is very close, obviously you disagree.
The Cowboys were close until one of the better left tackles started missing time. Cowboys need to see that the LG was terrible as were the backup tackles. Somehow i don't think they are smart enough to see it. Drafting a OT at 19 would be the best thing to do. Mcglinchy of ND would be a great RT and then move Collins back to LG. another issue is Witten has lost a step and he was never fast to begin with

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some have given up on him, but if we resign our own and add Tapper, Gregory , and even Gathers to the mix, that along with 10 draft picks- we should be in pretty good shape.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some have given up on him, but if we resign our own and add Tapper, Gregory , and even Gathers to the mix, that along with 10 draft picks- we should be in pretty good shape.
I think counting on Gregory would be very foolish. I read the other day how that was Jerry and Jerry alone making that pick and everyone else tried to talk him out of it. So, I guess that is why he wasn't cut. Personally, I don't think he ever plays for us and if he dos it is only a matter of time before he screws up again.

Tapper and Gathers could be contributors, but neither has shown enough that we should feel as if we are "OK" at those positions going forward.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to play it safe and take line, either side. As long as those are top notch they'll always compete. Also wouldn't mind a linebacker. Go offensive skill in the second and then BPA after that.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to play it safe and take line, either side. As long as those are top notch they'll always compete. Also wouldn't mind a linebacker. Go offensive skill in the second and then BPA after that.
who would be available at our pick in the 2nd as far as fast Wrs?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per WalterFootball Antonio Calloway, and he meets Jerry's 2nd round "Risk" Criteria.
If he straightens up he fits the speed WR who can catch perfectly.
& he can catch?!?!?!

Sold!!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple TEs that could be there as well I would not be opposed to.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would be available at our pick in the 2nd as far as fast Wrs?
The St. Brown kid out of ND is real interesting. 6'5'', good speed, polished, no QB, always double teamed...might play well with Dez, if Dez takes a pay cut. I think he's gonna have to drop at least $3 million to stay

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The St. Brown kid out of ND is real interesting. 6'5'', good speed, polished, no QB, always double teamed...might play well with Dez, if Dez takes a pay cut. I think he's gonna have to drop at least $3 million to stay
Knowing Dez, do you think there is ANY chance he takes a pay cut? I would be utterly shocked if he did.