• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Wilson to team - "Not Good Enough"

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW-Fabio.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somehow I doubt this team meeting is going to suddenly turn Wallin or Huskins into NHL calibre dmen, or stop Vlasic from playing like he's a 5'6 - 114 lbs pansy, or somehow make Heatley into something more than a one dimentional player who never sets skate in the defensive zone (Hell I'd be happy if he could even point to where the defensive zone was), or stop Marleau from blinking so much while he's on the ice that he won't consistantly whiff on passes and shots, or prevent Mitchell or Pavelski from falling down everytime they try to turn, or stop Thornton and Boyle from making bad turnover after bad turnover, or turn the D into a group that can actually get the puck to the forwards, or...well, I'm sure you guys get the idea...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep. Not sure how he saw Wallin as a decent replacement for blake or mayers as a relative equal replacement for manny. Or niitymaki as a decent replacement for nabby (Niity's career backup for a reason as we are beginning to see).

The sharks got worse is every position (F, D, G) yet did not cut salary (wallin is 1M cheaper, but that's not a big savings. Niity+niemi is pretty much the same salary as nabby. Mayers gets pretty much the same salary as manny got last year.)

Its interesting because when blake and nabby left, the sharks had 8.5M of free space for a goalie, a 3rd line C, and a top 4 Dman. With that money, they got wallin, mayers, niity, and niemi. Wow...EPIC FAIL... (but he could still fix it...)

I'd be hard press to put that much blame on the goaltending. Niemis start of the season was horrendous, but he has made adjustments as well as the D to his lack of rebound control and it has gotten better lol.

Nitty, needs more start's, he gets 3 in a row then sits out 4 gets one shot, then out for another 3 or 4 he cant get a rythm going. Has he given up some softies, yes. Did Nabby give up softies, yes.

I cant really say goaltending has cost the sharks alot of games this season at all, maybe 5 and thats probably on the high side.

If the defense was better then, i'd agree on suspect goaltending but until then those guys are doing the best the can with what they got.

Both have technical issues, but they can both be worked out, they've both shown when they get hot and locked in they are next to unbeatable in high pressure situation's.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I doubt this team meeting is going to suddenly turn Wallin or Huskins into NHL calibre dmen, or stop Vlasic from playing like he's a 5'6 - 114 lbs pansy, or somehow make Heatley into something more than a one dimentional player who never sets skate in the defensive zone (Hell I'd be happy if he could even point to where the defensive zone was), or stop Marleau from blinking so much while he's on the ice that he won't consistantly whiff on passes and shots, or prevent Mitchell or Pavelski from falling down everytime they try to turn, or stop Thornton and Boyle from making bad turnover after bad turnover, or turn the D into a group that can actually get the puck to the forwards, or...well, I'm sure you guys get the idea...

I'll have the Tums and antidepressants nearby for tomorrow's 5PM start vs. Nashville. Radio-only for me fom now on, listening to Rusanowsky and Baker. Can't stand watching that crap on Comcast.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have the Tums and antidepressants nearby for tomorrow's 5PM start vs. Nashville. Radio-only for me fom now on, listening to Rusanowsky and Baker. Can't stand watching that crap on Comcast.

I don't know about Baker, he keeps saying to Shark fans not to WORRY THIS IS A GREAT HOCKEY TEAM!

I. Wonder if he drank all of the Doug Wilson Kool Aid?

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, CLEARLY, the Tank needs my presence again to restore the team. I will be accepting ticket donations and rides from San Francisco. If you're a real fan, you'll contribute.

I have a better idea, iirc you have done a little roller derby time. Why dont you just suit up... we could use the help on the fore/back check? ;)

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a better idea, iirc you have done a little roller derby time. Why dont you just suit up... we could use the help on the fore/back check? ;)

I've considered your suggestion and decided it would never work. I'd get too many interference calls. Roller Derby encourages frequent checking of *anyone* who is close to you regardless of what is going on. I don't think I'd be able to help myself.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sharks...

"You're not good enough, and doggone it, people don't like you"