• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Wilson to team - "Not Good Enough"

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think this will make a bit of difference? Show of hands.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen. I think I know what the problem is. For the last five years I split season tickets with my ex and went to a lot of games. We broke up and he sold the seats so I haven't been to a single game all this season.

Clearly, CLEARLY, the Tank needs my presence again to restore the team. I will be accepting ticket donations and rides from San Francisco. If you're a real fan, you'll contribute.

Also, Doug Wilson? Hook me up with a box and I'll find my way to as many games as possible so we can pick things back up.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson should have already done this before the halfway point of the season, not that it would've made too much of a damn bit of difference. Wilson should look at himself in the mirror and ask himself if he's assembled a team with enough heart, character, will, and toughness, which are the intangibles that can't be taught. He can talk until he's blue in the face, but he won't be able to instill those values in this team. The players either have them or they don't, and they obviously don't have them.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will make a difference short term, but how can you change a person's character when they are all mature adults? Like 9192 said, you either have it or you don't and you sure as hell aren't going to develop it at this age. That killer instinct, that hatred of losing, is PattyJoe going to suddenly, because of a rah rah speech, going to change thier ways permanently? Hell no.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Until the 3 laziest super bust start showing that same disgust, nothing will change

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it is fair warning. If you want to be on this team then you need to play like it. The downside is some of the laziest offenders have NTC's or NMC's so there isn't much Wilson can do in those cases.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if it doesnt make a bit of difference, then the personnel will surely change. It's a little early to declare the season a bust. They are a PO bubble team, and we know that once you are in the PO's, then anything can happen. More than enough 6, 7, 8th seeds have gone pretty far (philly, mtl, calgary, edmonton, carolina just in the last several years).

I actually think the sharks are one dan boyle- esque player from returning to cup champion possibility form. They really miss blake, but add bouwmeester, kaberle, phaneuf, Whitney (ryan), mccabe, pitkanen, or someone of that ability and it could be different. I'm not saying dougie should go after any specific one of those guys, but with a legit top pairing Dman, the team would suddenly look pretty darn different. Don't forget that a top pairing dman plays nearly half the game and would take a ton of the pressure off boyler, who is clearly overplayed and overpressured.

It may be risky business, but I hope they deal seto, pickles, and a wallin for Bouwmeester. It's a cap wash this year, and while it's a big risk, bouwmeester will eat big minutes and is pretty reliable. Then bring up braun

Top 6 F stay the same (dougie isnt gunna trade any of those 6, I dont think).

D now has Boyle, Bouwmeester, Demers, Murray, Huskins, Braun. That sure seems alot more mobile and offensively effective than the current top 6.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone needs to inform Wilson he has no one to blame this on but himself. You put a crapy team on the ice you get crapy hockey. What the hell did he expect? It's not rocket science even though Wilson would like us to believe it is. Almost everyone on this forum called this before the season even started.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks Fans to Doug Wilson - 'You're GM'ing isn't good enough'

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that it is fair warning. If you want to be on this team then you need to play like it. The downside is some of the laziest offenders have NTC's or NMC's so there isn't much Wilson can do in those cases.

Dougie wont trade thornton. Not after signing him for another 3 years and not given Joe's commitment to the organization (taking multiple salary breaks). patty is a lifer :-)mad:), and heater just came and I don't think he has much trade value anyways. Besides, I actually think he has been pretty good relatively speaking, or at least been the best of the big 3.

Pavs' absence is clearly hurting big time (2.4 GFA in the 5 games he's missied including 2 SO's and one 1 goal game), so I cant see him being traded to create a huge hole at the 2nd line C position. Clowe has been by far the best shark thus far, so trading him basically removes all the remaining pittance of heart left in the room. cooch is untouchable. That leaves really, just seto at the forward position as the only dealable guy with value. On D, the only guy I could see on the move is pickles since he has value, particularly for teams looking to solidify their defensive play for a reasonable price.

Whatever dougie does pull off, I dont foresee a small tinker if the current play continues.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Someone needs to inform Wilson he has no one to blame this on but himself. You put a crapy team on the ice you get crapy hockey. What the hell did he expect? It's not rocket science even though Wilson would like us to believe it is. Almost everyone on this forum called this before the season even started.

yep. Not sure how he saw Wallin as a decent replacement for blake or mayers as a relative equal replacement for manny. Or niitymaki as a decent replacement for nabby (Niity's career backup for a reason as we are beginning to see).

The sharks got worse is every position (F, D, G) yet did not cut salary (wallin is 1M cheaper, but that's not a big savings. Niity+niemi is pretty much the same salary as nabby. Mayers gets pretty much the same salary as manny got last year.)

Its interesting because when blake and nabby left, the sharks had 8.5M of free space for a goalie, a 3rd line C, and a top 4 Dman. With that money, they got wallin, mayers, niity, and niemi. Wow...EPIC FAIL... (but he could still fix it...)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly right.

He's just trying to save face with teh (stupid) ownership group and the teal-drinking fans (who don't bother to read fan blogs and boards like we do here).

And it looks good in the paper or whatever.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know none of the top six are going anywhere (combination of NTC's and good play, Clowe & Couture) but I think that the goalies and especially the horrible D are on notice. I fully expect Wallin and Huskins not to be on the roster come opening day next season. That opens up a bit of cap space.

My pipe dream is that Danny F'ing Heatley Allstar gets traded but I know that isn't likely (I didn't think he was worth the money in the first place).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I appreciate DWil's candor.....he really needs to look in the mirror with that direct question. He's had a rough last couple of offseasons.

Stand pat DWil unless you can get Shea Weber or Duncan Seabrook.....this ain't a team that can make it to the SC Finals with minor tweaks. You need to get rid of one or more of the (supposed) big 3.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I appreciate DWil's candor.....he really needs to look in the mirror with that direct question. He's had a rough last couple of offseasons.

Stand pat DWil unless you can get Shea Weber or Duncan Seabrook.....this ain't a team that can make it to the SC Finals with minor tweaks. You need to get rid of one or more of the (supposed) big 3.

DW-Fabio.jpg

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And who the F is Duncan Seabrook?