• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Pederson?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO.......I want Hue, Gase, or McDermott, before I would like any of the other names out there. Dirk Koetter? I don't think so. We need a HC with some excitement. If we get Pederson, I will give him time, but do we really want a guy that did what Reid told him to do? I know that wings is still in love with Reid, but I still want a young guy that has excitement, even though Kelly failed. I want a guy who is more balanced than Chip, but has some "pizzazz" to him. Andy has not exactly dominated offensively, but inherited a loaded defense. Heck, I'd rather hire Bob Sutton than Pederson.

Do you really need a HC with excitement. I would rather have a boring HC that knnows how to win and the team is exciting.I am actually ok with Pederson, not my 1st choice but I won't cry about it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Gase, because he is so smart, and unlike Kelly, he has been in the NFL for years, and knows how to run an offense, and get the most out of the QBs. When he gets a glowing recommendation from Peyton, that speaks volumes to me.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that Lurie is afraid to be bold. His last 2 hires were a guy that never was a coordinator and a college HC. If anything, it can be said he's not conservative enough. He's got a bit of the same "smartest guy in the room complex" that several of his notable past employees have had (Reid, Banner, Kelly).

If you are looking for his next hire, look to brash, overly confident guys. Payton fit the bill, but now unavailable. I don't think there is enough publicly available to know who the most arrogant candidate out there is.

Quite frankly, I think Lurie would be bored of the idea of hiring a NFL coordinator. I expect it to be an unexpected college hire. My money is still on either Brian Kelly or David Shaw.

Definitely won't be Brian Kelly... That's Chip part 2. Much more on board with David Shaw, he was a guy I mentioned earlier as a surprise candidate, but have heard several times he's not interested in leaving Stanford at this point.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase does not have a second interview....Comcast said that is false.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gase had a second interview but he's taking a different job so Lurie is saving face.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gase had a second interview but he's taking a different job so Lurie is saving face.

That would be my guess as well

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nailed it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Lurie doesn't panic. Frank Gore part duex.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Gase was taking another job he would not have interviewed with the Giants today. Its still early in the process for both the teams and the coaches. Lurie will interview 8-10 candidates before he narrows it to one or two. They are still about a week away from getting to that point.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the teams and coaches are looking at what they feel is the best fit for them. These are big decisions and both parties should be 100% on board.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase to Miami.

I really don't like the triumvirate that Lurie has created. It looks too much like Jerry Jones with 3 heads. Lets get an honest football GM to make the calls and rid ourselves of this bogus collaborative bull shit.

Is Roseman Lurie's other wife or what?

I would not be pleased with Pederson.

I'm becoming more disillusioned each and every day. The more I read the more I fear the outcome.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Lurie has become an even worse version of Jerry Jones. Only he has Howie to take the heat for him. They are looking for their Jason Garrett.

Looks like Gase wasnt interested in being a lap dog. Good for him.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase to Miami.

I really don't like the triumvirate that Lurie has created. It looks too much like Jerry Jones with 3 heads. Lets get an honest football GM to make the calls and rid ourselves of this bogus collaborative bull shit.

Is Roseman Lurie's other wife or what?

I would not be pleased with Pederson.

I'm becoming more disillusioned each and every day. The more I read the more I fear the outcome.
It's only been 6 days. Geez.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Lurie has become an even worse version of Jerry Jones. Only he has Howie to take the heat for him. They are looking for their Jason Garrett.

Looks like Gase wasnt interested in being a lap dog. Good for him.
What impressed you about Gase?

His 3 whole years of OC experience?
That he helped Chicago win 6 games?
That Chicago's O didn't get worse from last year (because neither the Chicago O nor Cutler were statistically better from 2014)

Let. Him. Go.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate Howie like everyone else does. I'm indifferent towards him at this time because I dont know enough about him or what he does to make a judgement. I need more tangible evidence he's the diabolical figure the fans believe him to be.

That said, i wish Jeffery would have hired a GM. that doesn't seem to be the way Jeff wants to do things (he's not had one in 20 years) and has been successful w/o one.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He alienated everybody in the personnel office, except Ryan Grigson, who he helped get the Indy GM job. Many top personnel guys who left because of him are: Tom Gamble; Jason Licht; Marc Ross; Louis Riddick (he hates Roseman); and others that don't come to mind right now.

Also, Lurie says he will hire a GM. I don't know who he has in mind - maybe someone on one of the playoff teams who don't want to commit while their team is still in the playoffs. We'll see. And, I would like to see us get Coughlin, and have him be the future GM in a year or two, after he hangs it up.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate Howie like everyone else does. I'm indifferent towards him at this time because I dont know enough about him or what he does to make a judgement. I need more tangible evidence he's the diabolical figure the fans believe him to be.

That said, i wish Jeffery would have hired a GM. that doesn't seem to be the way Jeff wants to do things (he's not had one in 20 years) and has been successful w/o one.
The only sinister thing i'm 98% sure Howie had something to do with is the "DeSean Jackson is a gangbanger" story "leaked" to the press. I think he was manufacturing a reason to justify Chip cutting him (and Howie's inability to get something for him).

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He alienated everybody in the personnel office, except Ryan Grigson, who he helped get the Indy GM job. Many top personnel guys who left because of him are: Tom Gamble; Jason Licht; Marc Ross; Louis Riddick (he hates Roseman); and others that don't come to mind right now.
I need someone other than Mark Eckle to tell me that so i can believe it. His credibility is historically horrible.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie is a rat, plain and simple.

I don't think he's a terrible personnel guy; he's really good at surrounding himself with quality scouts and evaluators, but then turns around and gets rid of them to save his own ass when they out-perform or challenge him. His body of work is average at best, and I think he gets too much credit for the one decent draft class he had so far (2012).

As long as he has anything to do or any say with personnel on this team, we will always be the M-word. I was very disappointed with Lurie for giving him MORE autonomy, rather than keeping the leash on him and bringing in someone that was brought up with an actual personnel background. I really hope this is his last chance if he fails to do anything substantial moving forward.

Pederson interviewed yesterday, the more I think about it, the more I think this is going to be our next HC. Lurie seems to want this guy really bad.