• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins win Suh lottery.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managing the cap is always difficult for teams winning the Superbowl. .
Some teams have trouble with the cap when they are perpetually rebuilding.....
So playoff teams don't get bargains? Really? Miami has had to overpay to lure players so have most teams on the bottom as players want a shot. You have lost your mind...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come home Suh!!!

:hope:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You resort to fantasy football ratings to rate your players are you a kid or something? Anyone with half a brain can see that Suh takes on double teams all day making the players around him better. Now if the others don't take advantage how is that his fault. They haven't lost a player due to his salary yet. Hell they signed all of their own last year although I disagreed with branch.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was because he was about to become a FA
So you trade him for a second round when on a super bowl run? It's called no cap space if brady now goes down hoyer is now your man good luck with that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brisset was a cap casualty? :L
I just said that what team gets rid of both backup QBs midseason? Obviously cap played a part. They also could have moved JG preseason and got more but they are worried about cap now.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I was just about to go there. Not sure why people can't comprehend that BB got everything he could for Jimmy G. JG was insurance for this year in case Brady's old ass faltered. When he didn't BB waited to see if a QB hungry team came calling. If they did BB didn't like thd deal. At the final hour he got what will likely be the #1 or #2 pick of the 2nd round. Brissett was traded because NE needed a WR due to injuries. Unfortunately Dorsett hasn't produced yet. But NE has the luxury that maybe he'll turn out for the playoff run?
:ninja:
But the year isn't over yet can't you comprehend this blunder? When have you seen a team dump both backups with a 40+ qb? It's insanity. Good luck you may need it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the year isn't over yet can't you comprehend this blunder? When have you seen a team dump both backups with a 40+ qb? It's insanity. Good luck you may need it.
Nope can't comprehend that. They would've lost JG and got nothing if tgey held onto him. Hoyer is not that much of a drop off from Brissett.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope can't comprehend that. They would've lost JG and got nothing if tgey held onto him. Hoyer is not that much of a drop off from Brissett.
Then why not trade JG in the preseason for more and set yourself up better for the season? Be ahead of the game? The Fins suffered a qb injury in the preseason yet were able to caugh up 10 M for cutler last minute but they apparently have cap trouble due to Suh? Who has the cap trouble? You guys are on something...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said that what team gets rid of both backup QBs midseason? Obviously cap played a part. They also could have moved JG preseason and got more but they are worried about cap now.

Aside from your bitterness, you do realize the Patriots always "worried about the cap?"
No Superbowl winning team has been better at managing the cap.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You resort to fantasy football ratings to rate your players are you a kid or something? Anyone with half a brain can see that Suh takes on double teams all day making the players around him better. Now if the others don't take advantage how is that his fault. They haven't lost a player due to his salary yet. Hell they signed all of their own last year although I disagreed with branch.

Didnt Miami already publicly state that Suh is not in their plans for next year going forward?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why not trade JG in the preseason for more and set yourself up better for the season? Be ahead of the game? The Fins suffered a qb injury in the preseason yet were able to caugh up 10 M for cutler last minute but they apparently have cap trouble due to Suh? Who has the cap trouble? You guys are on something...
BB wasn't sure if Brady would be able to play at the desired level he needed him to pre-season. BB also didn't like the offers? I was for trading him but I'm not the GOAT coach either. Once BB didn't trade him I believe he figured a team who lost a QB during the season would come a running. That didn't happen either. BB got everything he coukd out of JG and the trade.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only rankings I could find. Sorry they didn't like him better. Your argument is with them. I would rate him higher than 20th. I still would not pay him what you are paying him!
Admit it. Trade him to Cleveland!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from your bitterness, you do realize the Patriots always "worried about the cap?"
No Superbowl winning team has been better at managing the cap.
The point was that you are so worried about Miami's cap because of the Suh signing yet it hasn't been a problem. They've had other problem yes but not because of Suh and you won't let it go for some reason.
If the patsies were so much better they surely wouldn't have let JG go when on a super bowl run would they? I think that you need to worry about your own back yard before pointing fingers as BlackBerry F'd this one up badly.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Miami already publicly state that Suh is not in their plans for next year going forward?
Never heard that but if it makes sense at this point then how has that screwed their cap the past few years? According to South it has.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that you are so worried about Miami's cap because of the Suh signing yet it hasn't been a problem. They've had other problem yes but not because of Suh and you won't let it go for some reason.
If the patsies were so much better they surely wouldn't have let JG go when on a super bowl run would they? I think that you need to worry about your own back yard before pointing fingers as BlackBerry F'd this one up badly.

I worry about my team plenty. I don't worry about Garappolo being traded. Too expensive as a backup.
Again, always managing cap space instead of squandering it on someone like Suh, who made the defense worse!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB wasn't sure if Brady would be able to play at the desired level he needed him to pre-season. BB also didn't like the offers? I was for trading him but I'm not the GOAT coach either. Once BB didn't trade him I believe he figured a team who lost a QB during the season would come a running. That didn't happen either. BB got everything he coukd out of JG and the trade.
Apparently the offers were way higher predraft. If you knew that you would have to dump him midseason due to cap why not do it preseason? That would also give you time to train up your back up in case of injury. If brady goes down now your pooched because of bad planning. While Miami was at least as prepared as they could as they had ten million stashed aside last minute yet south won't admit this because Suh apparently ate all of their cap for eternity in his mind.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard that but if it makes sense at this point then how has that screwed their cap the past few years? According to South it has.

Ndamukong Suh is not in the Dolphins' plans beyond 2017 season

Suh's leadership and on-field behavior have long been in question, with him running afoul of the league office throughout his career, and, now at age 30, Miami's defense has hardly been elite since his arrival as one of the splashiest free-agent signings in NFL history. Suh's compensation is comparable to higher-end starting quarterbacks. He is set to count a staggering $26M against the cap in 2018, and $17M in cash. Though the Dolphins re-worked Suh's deal for cap purposes, at its core it was structured as a three-year deal and that is indeed the mindset of ownership now, with Suh's presence not transforming Miami's defense. The Dolphins finished 28th against the run in 2015, his first year there and 30th last year. While the Dolphins rank in the top 10 against the run this season, they are right at the league average in offensive points allowed. Suh's contract moving forward is prohibitive, and Ross is ready to move on.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only rankings I could find. Sorry they didn't like him better. Your argument is with them. I would rate him higher than 20th. I still would not pay him what you are paying him!
Admit it. Trade him to Cleveland!
They made the playoffs last year and he had a lot to do with it. This year was disaster after disaster which I don't feel like rehashing as most knowledgeable fans would know. The owner didn't help matters by accepting another home game in London!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont it fix it somewhat going forward?
It's not a problem right now that's my point you guys don't get. If it were a problem how did they find the 10M for cutler?