• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins win Suh lottery.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that they lost their starting QB in the preseason right? Still managed to sign another for 10 Mwhich most teams couldn't afford to do but of course that was a killer. Either way they had plenty of cap which destroys souths whole entire argument here. Case closed.
Moving forward odds are they'll either renegotiate the final years or move on. Most likely the plan all along. Didn't cost them anything but cash. Could have turned out a lot better if the injuries didn't kill them amongst other things.

Just between us friends, I don't think I'd be bragging about paying J-Cut 10M with 5M guarenteed:lol:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFinFan, I think it's kind of weird that these Pats fans are so focused on the Fins' salary cap and Suh's salary. Is it really that interesting to them? As a fan I'd be thinking of the next game.
As a Fins fan I couldn't care less about the Pats salary cap situation.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you move the goal posts any further? Your team has $500k if their season wasn't already doomed it is if they get one more injury.

Do we need to go over the list of players that have left since the Suh signing so they could have cap space?

Look everyone knows you're a homer and will never admit this was a bad signing. The dude is not a leader by any stretch of the immagination. He costs the team on more occassions then anyone except maybe Burfit and Michael Bennett by committing stupid penalties. Had NE completed this same signing you'd be all over them telling them what a stupid move it was.

You realize he accounts for 11% of your teams cap and he's signed thry 2020? You'd better hope someone wants him?
Pats fan calling us homers hahaha! You are the same guys who defended a serial killer and all the gates. Pure comedy. If you look at our posts we are pretty straight forward here if the skies grey it's not patsies rose colored glasses.
The bottom line is that the Fins kept everyone that they wanted but desperately needed help on D. Suh provided that without trading players or picks. If it weren't for the Tanny injuries who knows what happens this year or last although this year has been so devastating it probably didn't matter at this point. Either way they had enough cap to bring in a replacement QB, LB in Timmons, another LB in Rey who has since had to be released, OG Larsen who just came back from injury what else is new this year, sign FS MacDonald etc...no use explaining to someone who obviously doesn't understand. Any idiot can see that cap was not a problem hence they were one of the few teams who could take on a big salary and make the playoffs as they did. At this point they can do whatever they want with him and odds are he'll renegotiate like so many players around the league do. Of course this never happens in NE...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just between us friends, I don't think I'd be bragging about paying J-Cut 10M with 5M guarenteed:lol:
It was either pay cutler or go into the season with Moore and Daughty. I'd sooner take Cutler and Moore but obviously it's not enough. At least they didn't just roll over they tried and the owner supported them. Is it better to roll over? It also proves that they had the cap but a team can only handle so much BS in one season. Hopefully rebound next year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFinFan, I think it's kind of weird that these Pats fans are so focused on the Fins' salary cap and Suh's salary. Is it really that interesting to them? As a fan I'd be thinking of the next game.
As a Fins fan I couldn't care less about the Pats salary cap situation.
It's true yet they lost their two backup QBs one because of cap yet it's no problem but the Fins signing of Suh is the end of the world. Ridiculous. Personally if I'm going for a bowl what's a second round pic next year if you lose because brady goes down and hoyer doesn't get it done? I'd be pissed if JG is as good as these idiots were preaching before he was traded. Just watch JG is now magically not that good now that he's gone. They said the same thing about edelman when he wasn't signing now he's a God. Just pure hypocrisy from these clowns....but hilarious at the same time.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me shift gears and ask the Dolphins fans a different question:

Why do you think the team traded Ajayi? I did not see that one coming. Was a problem on the team?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true yet they lost their two backup QBs one because of cap yet it's no problem but the Fins signing of Suh is the end of the world. Ridiculous. Personally if I'm going for a bowl what's a second round pic next year if you lose because brady goes down and hoyer doesn't get it done? I'd be pissed if JG is as good as these idiots were preaching before he was traded. Just watch JG is now magically not that good now that he's gone. They said the same thing about edelman when he wasn't signing now he's a God. Just pure hypocrisy from these clowns....but hilarious at the same time.

Brady has been one of the most durable QB's throughout his career. He has had some great Olines and great coaches to protect him. In addition, the league protects him. He can't be hit low or high or players will get fined. All that being said players can get hurt on any play. There are lots of examples such as players landing on guys accidentally.

Look at what happened to THill. A guy dove into his leg. There was no penalty or fine yet the Fins lost their franchise QB for a year.

The Pats are taking a big risk. It may pay off for them or they may regret having to let JG go. Only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Pats were able to pick where he plays. He is now out of the AFC.

The Pats had to let JG go. They couldn't afford to pay for both him & Brady.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fan calling us homers hahaha! You are the same guys who defended a serial killer and all the gates. Pure comedy. If you look at our posts we are pretty straight forward here if the skies grey it's not patsies rose colored glasses.
The bottom line is that the Fins kept everyone that they wanted but desperately needed help on D. Suh provided that without trading players or picks. If it weren't for the Tanny injuries who knows what happens this year or last although this year has been so devastating it probably didn't matter at this point. Either way they had enough cap to bring in a replacement QB, LB in Timmons, another LB in Rey who has since had to be released, OG Larsen who just came back from injury what else is new this year, sign FS MacDonald etc...no use explaining to someone who obviously doesn't understand. Any idiot can see that cap was not a problem hence they were one of the few teams who could take on a big salary and make the playoffs as they did. At this point they can do whatever they want with him and odds are he'll renegotiate like so many players around the league do. Of course this never happens in NE...
Whatever you got $500k left is the bottom line.
It was either pay cutler or go into the season with Moore and Daughty. I'd sooner take Cutler and Moore but obviously it's not enough. At least they didn't just roll over they tried and the owner supported them. Is it better to roll over? It also proves that they had the cap but a team can only handle so much BS in one season. Hopefully rebound next year.

The least amount in the league. I didn't look at your 2018 contracts but Suh will be one of them. He's not going anywhere and they ain't renegotiating 3 years out. There is no value in that for the self centered Suh. Unless Mia wants to have dead money for years to come.
Yeah that Cutler signing was genius:pound:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this big of a moron or do you just like hearing yourself say the same thing over and over?
Both JG and JB were on rookie deals. There was NO cap issue. JB still had a couple years left on his deal.

Give up the theatrics for a minute and answer this. Was NE supposed to trade Brady?

Maybe Mia will figure out how to build a roster and be constructive with their use of the cap. Yeah being a NE fan with three NFL caliber starting QBs on their roster sucks:rolleyes2: I mean every team does right?

Look I think I'll take the past 17 years of BBs roster moves over someone claiming Suh's deal was a good one. Just sayin.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has been one of the most durable QB's throughout his career. He has had some great Olines and great coaches to protect him. In addition, the league protects him. He can't be hit low or high or players will get fined. All that being said players can get hurt on any play. There are lots of examples such as players landing on guys accidentally.

Look at what happened to THill. A guy dove into his leg. There was no penalty or fine yet the Fins lost their franchise QB for a year.

The Pats are taking a big risk. It may pay off for them or they may regret having to let JG go. Only time will tell.
Chances of a QB getting hurt increase immensely when you play Mia.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pats fans are hypocrites as usual. They let JG go because it's a good trade not cap. Fins get crucified by injuries and it's bad cap management. My point is that brady is 40+ could go down any moment is trading away your back up plan during a bowl run worth a second round pick? I would rather he walk after the season especially if it costs you the bowl. Not only that but what if brady gets hurt enough where he retires then they have zilch...but of course it was a great move.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me shift gears and ask the Dolphins fans a different question:

Why do you think the team traded Ajayi? I did not see that one coming. Was a problem on the team?
He apparently wasn't running the right lanes kept bouncing outside trying for the big play. He also couldn't catch limiting the offence. Probably said a few things about not getting third down plays too so they moved him. They also cited bad knees he couldn't practice enough but I think it was more attitude. Hard to say.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you got $500k left is the bottom line.

The least amount in the league. I didn't look at your 2018 contracts but Suh will be one of them. He's not going anywhere and they ain't renegotiating 3 years out. There is no value in that for the self centered Suh. Unless Mia wants to have dead money for years to come.
Yeah that Cutler signing was genius:pound:
I don't believe that there is a lot to lose if they walk next year. Just because a contract is long means nothing it all depends how it's designed. Odds are they renegotiate and he stays or he walks and they spend it elsewhere.
A team can only handle so many injuries before their cap runs out. Cutler isn't great but he's better than daughty they rolled the dice and lost better than giving up as it sounds like you would have done. To be honest the failures had more to do with poor oline play I do blame them for not drafting another OG and a late OT.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this big of a moron or do you just like hearing yourself say the same thing over and over?
Both JG and JB were on rookie deals. There was NO cap issue. JB still had a couple years left on his deal.

Give up the theatrics for a minute and answer this. Was NE supposed to trade Brady?

Maybe Mia will figure out how to build a roster and be constructive with their use of the cap. Yeah being a NE fan with three NFL caliber starting QBs on their roster sucks:rolleyes2: I mean every team does right?

Look I think I'll take the past 17 years of BBs roster moves over someone claiming Suh's deal was a good one. Just sayin.
No cap issue this year then why move him now? If you miss a bowl win for a second round pick next year is that worth it? Hoyer may have to come in and odds are he screws the pooch. You guys have been telling us how good JG is so this greed could cost you huge. That's my point I'm not saying trade brady but perhaps after this season if he were critically injured you may have went with JG long term. It's not like brady is 30+ he's 40+ it's going to happen at some point soon.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of a QB getting hurt increase immensely when you play Mia.
You could be right and if brady goes down for the season you'll see my point that a second round pick wasn't worth that trade at this point. Especially after already moving the other backup.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No cap issue this year then why move him now? If you miss a bowl win for a second round pick next year is that worth it? Hoyer may have to come in and odds are he screws the pooch. You guys have been telling us how good JG is so this greed could cost you huge. That's my point I'm not saying trade brady but perhaps after this season if he were critically injured you may have went with JG long term. It's not like brady is 30+ he's 40+ it's going to happen at some point soon.
Do you really believe what you're saying? OK I'll play along and pretend you are. Not that we haven't told you already but I'll try one last time. I'll type real slow so hopefully you can follow along this time. Deal?

1. JG was going to be a FA come years end. He will get starter $. No way NE could keep him and Brady. Even a tag would cost over $20M. That wasn't going to happen. Now to play along with all your hypothetical situations. First you can't base a roster on what if's. BB held JG and didn't trade him pre-draft just to ensure Brady would be able to go. I think that gamble has paid off pretty good considering TB is in the top of most catagories. So unlike what you're suggesting BB took the last minute trade line deal.

2. Brissett was traded early on to sure up an injured WR corps. Sometimes you have to trade players you don't want to for the better of the team.

3. Hoyer is right there along with any other back up QB. At least he knows the system. Again not all teams get to carry three starting QBs. NE did for the better half of a year.

So yes in BB we trust. Drop all the what if's if you want to continue this discussion.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right and if brady goes down for the season you'll see my point that a second round pick wasn't worth that trade at this point. Especially after already moving the other backup.
I think BBs strategy next year will be to go after Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. You know just in case one of tgem gets hurt.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFinFan,

I'd ignore these Pats fans at this point. Why bother debating them? If you ignore them they'll go away.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that he can be cut after 3 years right? But I'd guess that he'll be good for the whole duration as he's not some second hand bum. Don't let anger get the better of you yes it stinks that he left that had more to do with the league rules at the time than your team they got screwed. i do like the ngati move brilliant!

You got that right!!!!!
Report | Ndamukong Suh Not In Dolphins Plans Beyond 2017