• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Brady Make Gronk? Or is Gronk this good?

Does Brady make Gronk?

• Brady Makes Gronk

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Gronk and Gronk alonw

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Combination of Both

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Too Early to tell either way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he a mismatch for any team though? But you are right those two do make plays that confuse the hell out of the defenses.

Sure but If you double team and jam him at the line etc you can slow him down. But you have to do for the whole game. Which is where the Patriots coaching comes in, working to give him more opportunities eventually.

Although I'm starting to think Gronk is a gift from the football gods for Brady. A sure handed, motivated large target.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BRADY WITH/WITHOUT GRONK 2012-14
QB COMP % YARDS/GAME YARDS/ATTEMPT TD:INT
Brady With Gronk 64.4 291 7.5 5:3
Brady Without Gronk 58.2 247 6.7 2:1

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again using the argument you posted this poster (overkill) made a good point (didn't quote entire post of his)

While it's OBVIOUS that the offense in general is much better WITH Gronk than it is without, the entire argument here is based on numbers that aren't telling the whole story. The first 4 games show Brady's stats are way down compared to his stats in all of the games since, but the landscape of the ENTIRE OFFENSE was different during those first 4 games. And don't forget: GRONK WAS PLAYING IN THE FIRST 4 WEEKS. SO if Gronk makes Brady better, then why were Brady's numbers so bad with Gronk on the field?

First and BY FAR most important is the fact that the O-line was a complete train wreck to start the season. The center was a competition to see who made the best turnstile, the guards weren't sure who was gonna play where and when it was time to switch, and the tackles couldn't pull their heads out of their asses with a construction crane. Brady's protection in those games was ATROCIOUS, and against 2 of the best pass-rushing defenses in the league no less.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best 3 players in football right now are ridiculously obvious.

Aaron Rodgers

JJ Watt

and Gronk.

And frankly 4 is miles away. There are some guys off to awesome starts who might be able to crash the party (Aaron Donald, looking at you) but for now, this is the holy trinity.

And Gronk is POLISH. Love that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again using the argument you posted this poster (overkill) made a good point (didn't quote entire post of his)

While it's OBVIOUS that the offense in general is much better WITH Gronk than it is without, the entire argument here is based on numbers that aren't telling the whole story. The first 4 games show Brady's stats are way down compared to his stats in all of the games since, but the landscape of the ENTIRE OFFENSE was different during those first 4 games. And don't forget: GRONK WAS PLAYING IN THE FIRST 4 WEEKS. SO if Gronk makes Brady better, then why were Brady's numbers so bad with Gronk on the field?

First and BY FAR most important is the fact that the O-line was a complete train wreck to start the season. The center was a competition to see who made the best turnstile, the guards weren't sure who was gonna play where and when it was time to switch, and the tackles couldn't pull their heads out of their asses with a construction crane. Brady's protection in those games was ATROCIOUS, and against 2 of the best pass-rushing defenses in the league no less.

Gronk was barely playing those first 4 weeks. Wasn't he playing like half the game? He clearly wasn't 100% nor was he playing a huge % of the snaps.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk was barely playing those first 4 weeks. Wasn't he playing like half the game? He clearly wasn't 100% nor was he playing a huge % of the snaps.

True but if memory serves me correctly Brady was forcing the ball to Gronk when he wasn't healthy, which could have lead to his "bad" numbers

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes before anyone jumps on me and states "put this on the Patriots Board" I just want to say I want everyone's opinion and not just Patriots fans.

So Gronk is a beast NO doubt but I am thinking (as was WEEI this afternoon) about Gronk and Brady.

Does Brady make gronk?
Gronk is just damn good no matter who he has at QB?

What say you

Brady for his career has always put up terrific numbers with average WR's. Gronk is a beast and compliment each other. If Gronk can stay healthy, he'll have a good chance on breaking some TE records.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 years of kicking ass and the one constant is not Gronk.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but look at Graham for an example totally dominated when with Brees who is probably a HOF QB and now that he is in Seattle he is struggling a bit because Wilson is not on that level of Rodgers or Brees. I think it would be similar with Gronk.
Chemistry between QB and "receiver" is not automatic. The chemistry that gronk and Brady have should not be underestimated......

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to equate this to the classic scene from Major League:

"Too high? Who give's a shit, it's gone"

Does it matter who makes whom great? Either one of them would do fine without the other. Brady has shown he can make anyone look good, but Gronk could make any QB feel warm and fuzzy.

The answer is Belicheck makes them all look good.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really not a big fan of potato salad. I mean make up your mind. Are you supposed to be potatoes or salad?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for the salad. Mainly because it's the system. BB, TB and Gronk would all do well elsewhere. But combining them with the rest of the org is what makes them stand out. There is nothing wrong with being a system player. Especially when it works th

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk would be the best TE in the league no matter who was at QB. I could be the QB and get him double digit TD's every season.

Obviously having Brady does help some. But it is only a small help.

The biggest help is that the NFL is still littered with idiots as coaches and they still insist on single covering that guy at times in the red zone with a LB. It is just mind-boggling watching that play out.

Just curious, how would you defend Gronk in the end zone?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, how would you defend Gronk in the end zone?

Probably with my #2 CB in tight coverage at the very least. Hopefully he'd be a Brandon Browner type.

Far as the OP's question. I can't call it. Brady is definitely Brady, but Gronk is definitely Gronk.