• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Does Bosa Play For The Chargers This Year?

Does Bosa Play For The Chargers This Year?

• He signs a contract before week one

• He signs a contract after week one

• He doesn't sign a contract and re-enters the draft

• He enjoys a nice bowl of potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been debated for some time so let's put a poll to the test. I think he re-enters the draft.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, regardless of which side you fall on, Joey has to sign.

Going back into the draft is not a viable option, not only for the money, but lost playing time. The guy was already a tweener and had many teams doubting his viability in the NFL. Taking a year away from football is not going to help those concerns, especially with other pass-rushers entering the draft that are likely to be fresher in the minds of teams and, heck, maybe even better overall anyway.

Re-entering the draft means he's going to slide well past #3. Heck, it's likely that with guys coming out this year, he's not even the best option at DE in the next draft. If he falls out of the top 10, that's a massive bonus hit and of course salary hit. Then add in that if he still goes in the first round, and plays well, he's going to end up with a 5 year contract once the team that re-drafts him picks up the 5th year option, and then he could be Franchised in year 6 or even year 7 if the team were so inclined. I doubt all of that happens, but the lost bonus money and then losing a year of earning potential towards Free Agency is money he can never recoup.

I get taking a stand, I understand why he wants what he's asking for, but the CBA is set up so that rookies coming into the league don't have much leverage. There's a reason for that, as teams were tired of paying guys who have never played a snap in the NFL as if they were 4-5-6 year veterans who had already proved they belonged.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll eventually sign, after the season starts.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he does go back into the draft next year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at the point where I don't expect Baby Bosa to play for the Chargers, so if it happens it'll be a nice surprise. He SHOULD sign and play this season, because it'll be much more damaging to his career to have the petty holdout of when he gets his guaranteed money be worth missing a year of NFL action and millions of dollars. I understand he said what he wanted and what the Chargers offered early on seemed way off that, but now that they're pretty damn close to what he's asked for he needs to get over himself and play the game he's getting paid all this money to play. The Chargers may be idiots, but that was already known. They don't want to change how they do business for 1 guy, even if you think how they do business is stupid. I want him on the team because he can be an impact player for a defense that needs more of them, but I question his commitment to the team in this situation. As a fan, all I can do is enjoy watching players I know will be playing this season like Rivers, Allen, Gates, Verrett, etc and worry about Baby Bosa when he signs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at the point where I don't expect Baby Bosa to play for the Chargers, so if it happens it'll be a nice surprise. He SHOULD sign and play this season, because it'll be much more damaging to his career to have the petty holdout of when he gets his guaranteed money be worth missing a year of NFL action and millions of dollars. I understand he said what he wanted and what the Chargers offered early on seemed way off that, but now that they're pretty damn close to what he's asked for he needs to get over himself and play the game he's getting paid all this money to play. The Chargers may be idiots, but that was already known. They don't want to change how they do business for 1 guy, even if you think how they do business is stupid. I want him on the team because he can be an impact player for a defense that needs more of them, but I question his commitment to the team in this situation. As a fan, all I can do is enjoy watching players I know will be playing this season like Rivers, Allen, Gates, Verrett, etc and worry about Baby Bosa when he signs.
Considering their history, you should be hoping for them to change the way they do business.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted sign before week one...the only caveat to that...the Chargers leave the original money on the table...if they truly do yank that...he might say fuck it...live in mom's basement for a yr and re-enter next yr.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted sign before week one...the only caveat to that...the Chargers leave the original money on the table...if they truly do yank that...he might say fuck it...live in mom's basement for a yr and re-enter next yr.
One other interesting tidbit for him re-entering the draft: The team drafting him could very well have deferred money AND the off-set. Why? Because Bosa has no choice but to sign at that point. Threatening to re-enter the draft only works once, if that. Once you do that, you have no more leverage. There's no player out there that would re-enter the draft twice.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, regardless of which side you fall on, Joey has to sign.

Going back into the draft is not a viable option, not only for the money, but lost playing time. The guy was already a tweener and had many teams doubting his viability in the NFL. Taking a year away from football is not going to help those concerns, especially with other pass-rushers entering the draft that are likely to be fresher in the minds of teams and, heck, maybe even better overall anyway.

Re-entering the draft means he's going to slide well past #3. Heck, it's likely that with guys coming out this year, he's not even the best option at DE in the next draft. If he falls out of the top 10, that's a massive bonus hit and of course salary hit. Then add in that if he still goes in the first round, and plays well, he's going to end up with a 5 year contract once the team that re-drafts him picks up the 5th year option, and then he could be Franchised in year 6 or even year 7 if the team were so inclined. I doubt all of that happens, but the lost bonus money and then losing a year of earning potential towards Free Agency is money he can never recoup.

I get taking a stand, I understand why he wants what he's asking for, but the CBA is set up so that rookies coming into the league don't have much leverage. There's a reason for that, as teams were tired of paying guys who have never played a snap in the NFL as if they were 4-5-6 year veterans who had already proved they belonged.

Taking a peak at the way too early '17 mocks via Walter...there's a good chance he falls out of the top 10.

CLE or SF probably will take DeShaun Watson, the other will take Brad Kaaya QB from MIA...at this point...Myles Garrett is the #1 DE, then you have the LSU RB, and FL CB, TN has a stud DE...LSU has a stud CB...barring injury, these kids coming fresh off football vs a guy coming off full yr of no football at all will get more interest.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other interesting tidbit for him re-entering the draft: The team drafting him could very well have deferred money AND the off-set. Why? Because Bosa has no choice but to sign at that point. Threatening to re-enter the draft only works once, if that. Once you do that, you have no more leverage. There's no player out there that would re-enter the draft twice.

Bingo!

I didn't think of that, but you're 100% right.

We already established, financially, re-entering makes zero sense...his best luck might be dropping into the late teens and going to a playoff caliber team. Or...the Rams and Jags sense they don't care much about the offset, but as a result, they do tend to lean on deferring.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He re-enters and lose a shit load of money. This will be hilarious

I can just imagine next years draft, top rookies all in the green room. The Chargers are all set to make their pick....Goodell announces it. All the rookies not named are smiling ear to ear :kk:and the poor SFB that got picked is looking like this....:sherm: :burt::facepalm5: :finger2:

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa re-enters draft, gets taken in the second round.

Re-enters again and goes in the third.

Re-enters again and goes in the fourth.

Re-enters again and goes in the fifth.

Re-enters again and goes in the sixth.

Re-enters again and goes in the seventh.

Finally, he is not selected and the Patriots give him an UDFA offer for the vet minimum, proceeds to lead Pats defense to back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl wins and the most unlikely HOF career ever.

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he signs after week 1 and then he has a lot to prove. he better be a damn good player

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he signs after week 1 and then he has a lot to prove. he better be a damn good player
Once he signs he'll have nothing to prove and no incentive to do well until late into his 3rd year.