• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you play Harvin next week?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, ever since the Saints game, this offense has struggle and has struggle badly. Granted, they have faced elite defenses in San Fran and Arizona but there were numerous mistakes from penalties to bad decisions that resulted in losses.

Even last week with all the turnovers, the offense didn't exactly click.

The offense right now needs help, this obviously start at OLine but the WR core needs help as well.

This is where Percy Harvin come into play and I believe he needs to play next week to get the much needed help. He is the kind of player that can change defenses schemes by just being on the field.
By this time of year, everyone is banged up and if we're paying him that amount of money, he needs to be on the field next week to help this team. It will be playoffs intensity anyway, so he need to be out there.

Thoughts?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only change necessary is firing bevell, the guy is a joke.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god, please don't start another Bevell debate here in my thread. :L

I just wanna know if you would play Harvin.

:laugh3:

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you play him until the play offs. In an interview Pete said he could play but it's his recovery time that is the issue, we could use him in the Rams game and he could be out for the play offs. Even with the worst case scenario of us losing and the 9ers winning out I feel good about this team going on the road and winning.

Save Percy for the play offs.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

every thread should be about bevelll, he is the weakest link on the team and the problem with our offense.

two opportunities inside the 5 and you come away with 3 points? his head should be on a pike outside qwest field.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well at least the lightning rod is someone who isn't on the field. This beats the whole "Hass sucks" or "bench Alexander" debates in the past.

But to answer the question, if there's a big chance of him re-injuring himself then no. If it's a "I hurt really bad" but he's he's cleared then he should play. But that obviously isn't the case. I think he really likes playing football and wants to contribute. The hip just isn't agreeing with him yet.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every thread should be about bevelll, he is the weakest link on the team and the problem with our offense.

two opportunities inside the 5 and you come away with 3 points? his head should be on a pike outside qwest field.

Bevell wasn't blocking for Lynch.

Now, Bevell seemed cocky and wouldn't change up the game plan at all. What is that saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?.....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you play him until the play offs. In an interview Pete said he could play but it's his recovery time that is the issue, we could use him in the Rams game and he could be out for the play offs. Even with the worst case scenario of us losing and the 9ers winning out I feel good about this team going on the road and winning.

Save Percy for the play offs.

Now, the goal they've talked about since pre-season is to win the division. They've been fine all season without Harvin and I don't think we'll most likely need him next week. I understand saving him for the playoffs but I feel better with him out there.

He doesnt necessary have to be making spectacular catches or returning kickoffs or play 100% of the snaps. Just his presence alone on the field changes the defensive schemes of the opponents and who knows, it may just help this offense turn it around.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin has to play at this point, a loss here virtually guarantees no championship game or superbowl.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least the lightning rod is someone who isn't on the field. This beats the whole "Hass sucks" or "bench Alexander" debates in the past.

But to answer the question, if there's a big chance of him re-injuring himself then no. If it's a "I hurt really bad" but he's he's cleared then he should play. But that obviously isn't the case. I think he really likes playing football and wants to contribute. The hip just isn't agreeing with him yet.

If Pete says he could play, then I believe he can play. But it's very obvious that he need to be at 100% to be on the field and right now he's not. But he can play.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin has to play at this point, a loss here virtually guarantees no championship game or superbowl.

I wouldn't say that. This team has proven to be able to win on the road this year, although not ideal, it's possible.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pete says he could play, then I believe he can play. But it's very obvious that he need to be at 100% to be on the field and right now he's not. But he can play.

Who the hell knows. If it's scarring tissue that's giving him a problem then it's one thing. If it's the muscles not being strong enough then it's another thing. If it's the fact that he's 95% healed then it's yet another. This is the absolute worst joint a player could get an injury at and if they screw this one up then it's the end of his career.

I think my point is that this isn't some "gee, this hurts so I'm not playing" thing. I think he's not out there because he just isn't healed yet and we shouldn't be banking on him being back this year.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you play Harvin unless he is truly ready to go. No reason to risk the rest of his contract.

The O-line is very disappointing right now, but they have faced some very tough defenses. RW was off all game as well. I feel like we are just running our regular plays and trying to win with them. Is it by design or is Bevell just not making the right calls? I don't know. I can't imagine he is limiting the playbook with the 1 seed on the line.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you play Harvin unless he is truly ready to go. No reason to risk the rest of his contract.

The O-line is very disappointing right now, but they have faced some very tough defenses. RW was off all game as well. I feel like we are just running our regular plays and trying to win with them. Is it by design or is Bevell just not making the right calls? I don't know. I can't imagine he is limiting the playbook with the 1 seed on the line.

all they do is run regular plays, there appears to be no game plan or anything. there also appears to be no adjusments. our one drive in the first half that ended with a field goal we ran the ball really well to the outside. so what do they do? stop running to the outside. this is textbook bevell play calling. if something is working, stop doing it. if something is not working, keep doing it.

he is clueless and one way or another he must be off this team next year. we need a real OC that is a QB guru and not this minnesota cast off loser.

in fact, lets forget about ever getting anyone from Minnesota ever again, player, coach, or front office.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all they do is run regular plays, there appears to be no game plan or anything. there also appears to be no adjusments. our one drive in the first half that ended with a field goal we ran the ball really well to the outside. so what do they do? stop running to the outside. this is textbook bevell play calling. if something is working, stop doing it. if something is not working, keep doing it.

he is clueless and one way or another he must be off this team next year. we need a real OC that is a QB guru and not this minnesota cast off loser.

in fact, lets forget about ever getting anyone from Minnesota ever again, player, coach, or front office.

You mean like Pete Carroll?? ;)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you play Harvin if he can go. Because the Seahawks failed to take advantage this week they now need to win next weekend's game to get HFA. If they lose the division, not only do they lose HFA, they lose the bye as well and every single one of their playoff games is going to be on the road. You go from having to win 2 games to 3. This game against the Rams is huge. Seattle has to treat it like a playoff game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you play Harvin if he can go. Because the Seahawks failed to take advantage this week they now need to win next weekend's game to get HFA. If they lose the division, not only do they lose HFA, they lose the bye as well and every single one of their playoff games is going to be on the road. You go from having to win 2 games to 3. This game against the Rams is huge. Seattle has to treat it like a playoff game.

I agree and you play harvin in it, or at least activate him and have him ready if things aren't going well in the second half unless he is more hurt than we are being told. Unless of course SF does something dumb and actually loses tomorrow.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree although I truly believe what they are saying about treating every game like championship game. The only difference is that they didn't play like a champions today and I will not accept less next week, so it'll definitely be a playoff game.

Not to mention the 12th man will rise next week and be as loud as they can be. I'm over this loss already and I hope this team bring its A++ game next week especially on offense and special teams.

Because of the loss today, I hope they wake up and not take these Rams lightly. They may not be going to the playoffs, but they can play spoiler and keep Seattle away from HFA!

Last edited by a moderator:

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every week people want to know about Harvin. The whole Harvin signing has been a disaster. I treat the situation like he isnt even on the team. Harvin wont play again this year unless we make it to the Super Bowl and then I can promise you that he'll miraculously feel good enough to play in that one.