• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Rams need an overhaul?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there is another name to add to the list of potential HC although this one would be a disaster. Everywhere he has gone, the franchises got worse. We need that like a team-wide case of jock-itch. The name is Chip Kelly. Looks like the Niners are going to fire him.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/r...nt-baalke-and-coach-chip-kelly-021954608.html

I don't see that happening at all... From I understand, he'd be LUCKY to get a HC job at a top Division 1 program right now...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but their overhaul needs to start at the top.

I suggest that the Rams of 2016 had the worst combination of ownership, front office and coaches in NFL history, to wit:

Kroenke: Worst owner in the NFL and rapidly garnering a reputation as the worst owner in all of sports.
- Janoris Jenkins: Rams Players Not Allowed to Talk to, Look at Stan Kroenke

Demoff: COO and Exec. VP for Football Operations (whose father happens to be Fisher's agent)
- A non-football person who tries to run the team his way.
- Rams record under him: 41-82-1
- On 11/29, defended Fisher by saying he had done a "model job" as coach
- Rams Demoff goes 50 shades of stupid in Fisher assessment
- Stephen A. rips Rams COO for praising Jeff Fisher - ESPN Video
- Do you think any coach worth his salt would come to the Rams with Demoff trying to run the show?

Les Snead: General manager who came in with Fisher. 'Nuff said, but you should still look as his draft record.
- Here's why virtually everyone lost in the RG3 trade between the Redskins and Rams

Fisher: Losingest coach in NFL history, and finally gone. But it's not enough.

Boras: Offensive coordinator and apparent architect of the "middle school offense."
- Worst offense in the NFL.
- Most conservative offense in the NFL

Kroenke, of course, won't sell, but Demoff, Snead and Boros need to go ASAP!

You're really quoting that Jenkins article about Kroenke? He thought the Giants GM was the owner, lol. The rest I can agree with. I don't have a problem with Snead necessarily, but I think he can easily go depending on what the new coach wants. Gregg Williams can go too; his defenses gamble too much and are holding back some of the Rams best players IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine the team has changed much since they left STL when they were here they needed WR and a QB and Oline. So basically an entire offense, their defense was solid but couldnt move the ball. Goff doesnt look to be the guy. Maybe if they hire an offensive coach he can get more out of some of the offensive players. Also they arent going to give up on Goff so soon but they need to draft OLine and WR this year.

LT and C are the major holes (they have options for RT and the guards). It might be tough to prioritize those AND get a WR early enough to make a difference next season; either LT or WR will have to be via free agency to get a quicker turn-around on the Goff investment. Also, having a full offseason where Goff is the unquestioned #1 will hopefully allow the new offensive unit to gel better, and hopefully with a more creative offensive mind calling the shots.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope too late rumors are as good as true right, hes yours.

Reportedly, Lynn wants to stay in Buffalo. I don't know if that means he would accept the OC job to do so though. I don't have a problem with Lynn either way; he's a creative OC that gets the most out of the running game. With Gurley and a solid defence in place, that could be a very good thing. However, the Rams really appear to need a disciplinarian, as do the Bills.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to abandon the Fisher era offensive philosophy (and his football philosophy in general) and go back to our passing heritage of the days of the GSOT and further back when the Rams were known for explosive offenses and great defenses.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost stuck this in Master Vent thread.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dito!

However I'm with RR and am rooting for C. Long to get his ring!

I'm happy he got to playoffs, sorry no SB for him, I cant let the Long factor override the other players and coach on that team Go anyone else, but the Cowboys and Seattle!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy he got to playoffs, sorry no SB for him, I cant let the Long factor override the other players and coach on that team Go anyone else, but the Cowboys and Seattle!!
I hear you, but I also picked them in my money pool.

:behindsofa:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to abandon the Fisher era offensive philosophy (and his football philosophy in general) and go back to our passing heritage of the days of the GSOT and further back when the Rams were known for explosive offenses and great defenses.

Have to agree...Imagine how an explosive passive attack would open the running game for Gurley??? Of course, the O-line will need a MAJOR overhaul this offseason, but it is a possibility...

Maybe Martz as OC? :think:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LTRF. We need a Jackie Slater at RT and another O. Pace at LT. Add a Dennis Harrah at one guard and a Kent Hill at the other and put Doug Smith at Center and voila, Goff wouldn't know what to do with all that time and Gurley would be staring at ED's record, guaranteed!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LTRF. We need a Jackie Slater at RT and another O. Pace at LT. Add a Dennis Harrah at one guard and a Kent Hill at the other and put Doug Smith at Center and voila, Goff wouldn't know what to do with all that time and Gurley would be staring at ED's record, guaranteed!

Hell even V Mike could play qb behind that line! He'd probably make the Pro Bowl! :pound:

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really quoting that Jenkins article about Kroenke? He thought the Giants GM was the owner, lol. The rest I can agree with. I don't have a problem with Snead necessarily, but I think he can easily go depending on what the new coach wants. Gregg Williams can go too; his defenses gamble too much and are holding back some of the Rams best players IMO.

Demoff needs to be the first to go.

Kevin Demoff Rules Out College HC, Says Rams Aren’t Rebuilding

Re: Snead. Heard some "expert" on one of the talking head shows this morning that Josh McDaniels won't consider the Rams with Snead as GM.

BTW, I see that Jenkins made second team All-Pro.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demoff needs to be the first to go.

Kevin Demoff Rules Out College HC, Says Rams Aren’t Rebuilding

Re: Snead. Heard some "expert" on one of the talking head shows this morning that Josh McDaniels won't consider the Rams with Snead as GM.

BTW, I see that Jenkins made second team All-Pro.

So did Ogletree, after not even making the Pro Bowl team (for those trying to grade-out the RG3 trade).

Funny thing about Josh McDaniels; he's being linked to SF with ESPN analyst Louis Riddick as his potential GM. He's critical of Snead, but wants the guy that has never held the job and has spent the last 3+ years in TV (has only been a scout and director of pro personnel).

All that said, I'm glad McDaniels doesn't want to come to the Rams; I'd rather they went elsewhere with this coaching search. His rep is inflated by the Patriots bubble. I'm still waiting for any of these Patriots off-shoots to become a successful head coach.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels interviewed with the Rams but no word how it went. He is old news and he is like Mike Martz: An excellent coordinator but no HC. His personnel and talent judgment skills are legendarily bad. He'll be a Scott Linehan on steroids. Move along.

Last edited: