• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Rams need an overhaul?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question; With the right coaching staff are the Rams far from being a winning team?
It seems they have been rebuilding ever since Fisher took over so do they need another rebuild or are they just in need of the right leadership?
Curious to see what you guys think.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroenke will manipulate the team for profit. Hell yes they need an overhaul, but all they'll get is whatever it takes to make him money.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question; With the right coaching staff are the Rams far from being a winning team?
It seems they have been rebuilding ever since Fisher took over so do they need another rebuild or are they just in need of the right leadership?
Curious to see what you guys think.
I think on offense, they need a massive overhaul on the offensive line and with the WR corps. That all will take more than one season to fix I believe.
I personally wouldn't have a problem with an overhaul, getting picks and/or other talent on this team to put the Fisher era in the rear view mirror as fast as we can. We just absolutely need to get this next coaching hire right and hope that whomever it will be hires a knowledgeable staff.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but their overhaul needs to start at the top.

I suggest that the Rams of 2016 had the worst combination of ownership, front office and coaches in NFL history, to wit:

Kroenke: Worst owner in the NFL and rapidly garnering a reputation as the worst owner in all of sports.
- Janoris Jenkins: Rams Players Not Allowed to Talk to, Look at Stan Kroenke

Demoff: COO and Exec. VP for Football Operations (whose father happens to be Fisher's agent)
- A non-football person who tries to run the team his way.
- Rams record under him: 41-82-1
- On 11/29, defended Fisher by saying he had done a "model job" as coach
- Rams Demoff goes 50 shades of stupid in Fisher assessment
- Stephen A. rips Rams COO for praising Jeff Fisher - ESPN Video
- Do you think any coach worth his salt would come to the Rams with Demoff trying to run the show?

Les Snead: General manager who came in with Fisher. 'Nuff said, but you should still look as his draft record.
- Here's why virtually everyone lost in the RG3 trade between the Redskins and Rams

Fisher: Losingest coach in NFL history, and finally gone. But it's not enough.

Boras: Offensive coordinator and apparent architect of the "middle school offense."
- Worst offense in the NFL.
- Most conservative offense in the NFL

Kroenke, of course, won't sell, but Demoff, Snead and Boros need to go ASAP!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offense needs and overhaul as has been suggested, which is sad considering they drafted 4 OL just 2 drafts ago and spent how many picks on WR's over the past 4 drafts ( and the one OL they should've drafted but balked at is the one they need- Collins ).

and, we still don't know if we have a legit QB either even though they mortgaged 2 drafts to take him #1. boy, could the Rams use that top 5 pick they gave to the Titans right now to try and fix this offense.

I'm not ready to throw Snead to the curb as others are on here. you have to remember before he took over, the Rams were a team that basically stood pat in their draft and took whatever fell. Snead came in and immediately started to maneuver around the draft board, which I like in a GM. the results of course have been mixed, but alot of that could've been a) Fisher b) upper management and c) scouting ( which has been pretty bad over the years ).

there was that story this season about how Snead and Fisher didn't want to trade all those picks to take Goff, so if that was upper management pulling the strings, hard to blame him for that one.

they whiffed on Robinson ( which alot of us- myself included- knew was a mistake when he was drafted ). can you imagine had they done that trade with the Bills that was rumored and they took Martin and Donald instead? taht would've given them 2 1st rounders last year, and they could've used those two to make the trade for Goff and kept their 1st this coming draft.

but, considering how bad the Rams drafts were prior to his arrival, it's better. even the Pats have whiffed on their drafts over the years, it's going to happen.

but, consider a pick here or there, or an extra trade ( ala Bills ) and this team is in a much better situation.

if they can get a FA or two to come over and use what picks they have well, this team could make a run next season ( assuming Goff turns out to be who they thought he was when they drafted him ).

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Not sure what to say at this point. It's a mess

One day maybe they will realize that BPA in the draft is what got them Aaron D and Gurley

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta wonder if AD leaves in FA.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has to win a superbowl to get him interested unless you are going to throw him Suh/Watt money x10

We won't be able to afford him with Stafford about to get 200 million, but I could see the Raiders grabbing him up.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine the team has changed much since they left STL when they were here they needed WR and a QB and Oline. So basically an entire offense, their defense was solid but couldnt move the ball. Goff doesnt look to be the guy. Maybe if they hire an offensive coach he can get more out of some of the offensive players. Also they arent going to give up on Goff so soon but they need to draft OLine and WR this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on to all the newcomers on the Rams board: Fish, David_son, PaddleFish, and RobBase. You folks are welcomed anytime!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this thread be titled "Do the Rams need an overhaul AGAIN"

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have decent players on offense aside from the oline? While Quick and Britt aren't the greatest I don't think they are bad? Quick has shown flashes of being completely healthy, and has actually been open on some long passes, our Qbs just couldn't get the ball to him? Britt over a 1,000yards, we haven't had anyone do that in what over 10 years? Someone needs to figure out how to use Austin, Gurley had great rookie year, but Stacy and Mason also played well their first years here and then disappeared, Gurley disappeared big time! Ya our oline sucks but as with good QB's, good running backs also make their oline look better, Gurley just wasn't the same guy this year for some reason?

I'm really worried that by the time the offense is completely fixed 2 or 3 years, our stud players on defense will either be gone, or winding down their careers.

holding true to our drafts of the past 2 years, "with the 70th pick of the 2017 draft the Rams take the QB from ?????????

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gurley needs to put back the 10 or 15 pounds he lost in the offseason to try and become faster.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another article on coaching replacements. Many are O.K. I guess. The Rams are definitely going offensive-mind this time but I think for an HC, the guy in K.C., Dave Toub is our guy.

If Jim Bob Cooter's gig here ever failed, he could go do another "Deliverance" movie with that name. I don't like Shanahan. Too milk-toast. We already had McDaniels and he did nothing special. McVey is useless. That leaves Toub who is not even on the list. Reminds me of Chuck Knox in his approach.

Gruden is out, Harbaugh is out, and perhaps the OC in Buffalo. See for yourself.

Jeff Fisher fired: Here's a list of coaches the Rams might hire to replace him

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another article on coaching replacements. Many are O.K. I guess. The Rams are definitely going offensive-mind this time but I think for an HC, the guy in K.C., Dave Toub is our guy.

If Jim Bob Cooter's gig here ever failed, he could go do another "Deliverance" movie with that name. I don't like Shanahan. Too milk-toast. We already had McDaniels and he did nothing special. McVey is useless. That leaves Toub who is not even on the list. Reminds me of Chuck Knox in his approach.

Gruden is out, Harbaugh is out, and perhaps the OC in Buffalo. See for yourself.

Jeff Fisher fired: Here's a list of coaches the Rams might hire to replace him

Lynn you can have him I want to get as far away from Sexy Rexy as possible.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on him either David_son. He can stay in Buffalo as far as I am concerned.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely sold on the idea that Harbaugh is out. It would be tempting for him to beat the crap out of SF and go against the Seahawks and Pete Carroll twice a year. And hopefully Stan would offer him a huge contract and player personell duties to get him here.