• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Any Of You Miss The Old Conference Set up?

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly preferred no divisions Big Ten over current, but oh well.
Though I love having the two complete bitches on our schedule now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly preferred no divisions Big Ten over current, but oh well.
Though I love having the two complete bitches on our schedule now.
Michigan and who else ?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SWC wasn't a thing when I started watching and by the time I was watching games UGA wasn't involved in, the ACC already picked up VT and Miami.

But to answer the question, yes, I wish Missouri was still in the Big 12.

OrangeAfroMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss back to 1991. Perfect year.
SWC existed still.
SEC was 10 teams (but had already added 2 for the next season)
Birth of the Big East, having Miami, good Syracuse, and VT.
Big 8.
It was the last time Clemson was a power, as they ruled the ACC, pre-FSU joining.
You still had multiple independent powers - ND, FSU, Penn St

Just an overall good mix.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a precursor here. I started watching college ball around 98, so I don't know about the SWC, Big Eight, etc. However, just curious if anyone misses the old conference set up with having the Big East as a real football conference, the Big XII having a champs game involving divisions and having Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M. The SEC not having A&M, Missouri, and B1G not having Rutgers and Maryland. Also, the schools that joined to make up the PAC 12 Utah and Colorado. I am sure I missed a few but just curious which you prefer. For me, I am cool with the way the ACC is set up now. I wish the Big XII still had a champs game from divisions.

Yes. Nothing wrong with the B1G, it just doesn't feel right to me.

Yeah, I miss not having Nebraska.
I miss not being able to kick the dog shit out of those stupid aggies.
I do not miss Colorado Fans, worst ever.
Missouri was meh, they thought we were rivals but we always beat their ass. I liken them to Kansas.
TCU is okay i guess, WVU also okay. Not much changed, we lost 3 schools (mizz, colo, a&m)we beat annually like dog shit with 2 schools we beat annually. We haven't found a replacement for Nebraska yet, one that made it feel like a real game. Maybe we can lure Miami or Florida State, that would have the same feel.

Come over and join us.

giphy.gif

Why you and Nebraska just don't set an annual OOC game is beyond me.

giphy.gif

Nebraska hasn't been a problem. :D

source.gif

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Nebraska fan so I was pissed when they let Texas get under their skin to the point they left the conference. I just wish they had been able to beat UT a couple of times when it counted and then they would still be here with us. Missouri is definitely not missed. Colorado? Playing them was like jerking off with a handful of tacks; no matter how it ended you were sure to have a bunch of injuries because they played dirty. aTm is missed and I'd trade them for West Virginia or TCU or Texas Tech.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss the old SWC and the Big 8. Also miss the B1G 10 being just that...Fucking 10!

Jim Delany can't even fucking count

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the SEC was smaller to where everyone played one another, and the team in front were the conference champions.

I hate that we don't play each other every year, but I also hate when teams play the last game of the year, and then have to turn around and do it again for the CC. We had it Baylor and Oklahoma (less than a month apart), and with Memphis and Cincy

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every conference would find a way to take a Texas OU packages. Everyone.

"find a way"??? No, no they would not. UT wants too much, so the B1G won't take them.

OU needing to come along with UT is not exactly something the B1G is very keen about.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the PAC 8 .. before the two Zona schools were added to make the PAC 10.

I remember when it was just the Pacific Coast Conf with 9 schools. Idaho used to be in it.
Then it changed to the AAWU in 1959 or 1960 with just 5 schools.

It remained the AAWU,, slowly bringing back in the other members until it reached 8 in the
late 60's. It played as the AAWU and it was changed to the Pac-8 in 1968 or 1969

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer, yes.

I dont really have a problem with the programs we play in the Big12 as far as culture ect. I think we all fit pretty well with each other but WVU fits better geographically in the SEC/ACC/BIG a heluvalot better than the Big12 as far as physical location and in some ways culturally.

Now I DO like alot of the teams we play as far as opponents better than the old BigEast but CFB is and will always be better regionally than nationally so... in a perfect world I’d rather play teams closer to us.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you and Nebraska just don't set an annual OOC game is beyond me.

Because I’m sure when 2024 comes and the big xii implodes, OU wants to save the RRSO as an OOC