• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DirecTV and the new Sunday Ticket Rip Off

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the NFL Pass...you get the ALL22 feed which is nice...again...same principle as the TKT and cable...they're try to give me 16 games or whatever when I only really want to see one.
I like gamepass and its features. That’s what I use. Problem for me with Directv is that I used to pay for the subscription to have Sunday Ticket.
Don’t watch normal TV, so a lot of waste there. A good combo of apps is better IMO. Netflix, PGA and Gamepass is all I really need.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like gamepass and its features. That’s what I use. Problem for me with Directv is that I used to pay for the subscription to have Sunday Ticket.
Don’t watch normal TV, so a lot of waste there. A good combo of apps is better IMO. Netflix, PGA and Gamepass is all I really need.

This...until the NFL figures out PPV out of market games because I do like the live action as well.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the OP tries to blame his dumbassery on his kid.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past NFL Sunday Ticket was automatically subscribed unless I cancelled. This year for some reason that did not happen so in week 2 when I went to turn on the games it asked me if I wanted to order. Not giving it a second thought I went ahead and did so. Watched the games and did not give it a second thought. Well for two weeks after that I would run out to Jersey Mikes to get sandwiches before the game and be back just in time for kick off. For those not in the NE area..Jersey Mikes are great subsitutes for hoagies. My 17 year old son would have the game tuned in when I got home. No big deal right? Well apparently not. It appears we were ordering Sunday Ticket every week. My son was just clicking through the order every week not really paying attention…… 17 year old teenage boy who does not pay bills…..so the thought never occur to him to question….oh well.

This is how I caught it. I pay my bill every month on the 1st and after I paid my bill I still had a balance of more than $150. When I clicked on the details it said I was charged a $49.99 daily rate for NFL Sunday Ticket. So I called them and was told that is what the order was and I asked them what idiot pays $49.99 a week to watch football when Sunday Ticket is $299 total…… (apparently I am the idiot.)

Told the rep I am not paying that and I needed them to correct my bill. Set the order for NFL Sunday Ticket and remove those ridiculous daily charges. She said she can’t do that.

Comcast is coming out Tuesday to install Cable….. It will be a cold fucking day in hell before I pay DirecTV that bullshit charge.

Sorry pal,Ive had the tix now for 14 yrs have not experienced that....
I automatically get it every year until I cancel it...……...I don't think that I could live without it...……..

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bootleg site I watch nfl games on is pretty good nowadays.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Comcast still have it where the HD channel is some random high number far away from the regular corresponding channel?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this hate on Directv…….ive had it for years and never have a problem...……
Once in awhile I get where then a program plays and the voices don't match up...………..I just unplug the it from the outlet wait a couple of seconds and plug it back in and its right on track...…
Or a nice batch of rain moves thru and it interferes with the satellite...….Other than that,no problems.

Never had any problems with the DVR recording movies and such and losing them either...……..:noidea:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're lucky I suppose...parts of my little town has fiber and some do not...we just moved from Comcast 75 mps to I have ATT Fiber 1000...of course only ethernet gets anything close to 1000, but the majority of the wifi devices are realizing about 200 mps down....100% streaming now.

I dumped DTV and NFL Sunday tkt like 4-5 years ago now. After having DTV & the Tkt for nearly a decade I just wasn't using it like I once was...$260+ to get the 6 or 7 Steeler games not on local TV...it wasn't worth it.

When they're ready to do out of market games on a game PPV basis like you can with NBA, I will revisit the NFL Tkt...aside from that...I'm okay with the games I get.

I can get every Bear game without having the sunday tix,but I have two tvs side by side that I can watch the bears game on one and the other I can watch my fantasy team...……
The price for the tix is like 60 a month for 5 mos,which the wife actually pays for DTV,I just pay the tix cost...….So the price to me is meh,i`ll pay it.

But when I do hear new customers getting it for free just to sign up for the NFL tix,its like :gaah:…...cause I never got it free...…….

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys basically bought Red Zone each week.

What's BS is that they didn't announce ahead of week 1 that RZ would now be extra.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty easy to find free streaming.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all this time I'm thinking you're hunkered down all day like I used to be.

I had the Tkt for a long time...my 1st house with the basement home theater, multiple TVs...NFL sunday started around 10a and ended about 11p or so...two neighbors would bring over beer and we'd grill...wife wouldn't see me much at all that day.

Now that's what Im talking about...………..:thumb:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DirecTV announced an price increase for Sunday Ticket almost immediately after the AT&T deal was done. And it was easy to see it being damn near $100 more annually if anyone did their math homework.

Here’s what really changed in all this. In the past, you could call DirecTV and threaten to cancel Sunday Ticket and they would almost ALWAYS cut you a deal to sweeten the price and keep you around. No more. When I called to cancel back in late July, the dude never even brought it up. Never asked why. We did have a little “I’m a Vet” chit chat but that was the extent of it. AT&T controls things now.

I missed being able to change from that crappy Saints/Giants game last Sunday to watch Browns/Raiders instead. But I didn’t miss it THAT much. And now that the league has hinted at the possibility of voiding heir agreement with DirecTV next year, we may all have better options soon.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...until the NFL figures out PPV out of market games because I do like the live action as well.
True, it’s stange that games are delayed up to 90 minutes after they end in US, Canada, and territories for Gamepass and MLBTV. In other markets, we get the games live; the condensed games, Red Zone, etc., at a much lower price: $100 bucks for the season. I understand that this is to not compete with the American networks they sell rights to. Still, it’s wierd that other countries get a better deal than US.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You truly are a fucking moron who's only intent is to troll on these forums. Fuck off...

Activating the ignore feature.
One person that I know of put me on ignore.
How foolish. Now he doesn't get to read all the great shit I bring to the table.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past NFL Sunday Ticket was automatically subscribed unless I cancelled. This year for some reason that did not happen so in week 2 when I went to turn on the games it asked me if I wanted to order. Not giving it a second thought I went ahead and did so. Watched the games and did not give it a second thought. Well for two weeks after that I would run out to Jersey Mikes to get sandwiches before the game and be back just in time for kick off. For those not in the NE area..Jersey Mikes are great subsitutes for hoagies. My 17 year old son would have the game tuned in when I got home. No big deal right? Well apparently not. It appears we were ordering Sunday Ticket every week. My son was just clicking through the order every week not really paying attention…… 17 year old teenage boy who does not pay bills…..so the thought never occur to him to question….oh well.

This is how I caught it. I pay my bill every month on the 1st and after I paid my bill I still had a balance of more than $150. When I clicked on the details it said I was charged a $49.99 daily rate for NFL Sunday Ticket. So I called them and was told that is what the order was and I asked them what idiot pays $49.99 a week to watch football when Sunday Ticket is $299 total…… (apparently I am the idiot.)

Told the rep I am not paying that and I needed them to correct my bill. Set the order for NFL Sunday Ticket and remove those ridiculous daily charges. She said she can’t do that.

Comcast is coming out Tuesday to install Cable….. It will be a cold fucking day in hell before I pay DirecTV that bullshit charge.

You can get the charges reversed at your bank. After that, you need to check your account carefully and make sure they do not re-charge you. Or close and re-open your account. Your bank may not want to reverse, demand it, it's your right!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been with them for more than a decade. I LOATHE the though of going back to Comcast. But DirecTV no longer deserves my business, either.

May as well go with the one that gives me a bundle discount with my internet connection...

Commcast will mislead you on prices as well! They suck!
Every time my Mother I Law would watch a movie, I had subscribed to something else - without consenting.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get the charges reversed at your bank. After that, you need to check your account carefully and make sure they do not re-charge you. Or close and re-open your account. Your bank may not want to reverse, demand it, it's your right!

On what grounds? iirc the OP/son accepted the charges for what they got...but didn't realize the pricing for the day rate was as such and wanted to convert to the full Sunday Tkt in lieu of paying the daily rates. I think a retentive based manager would've tried to work something out...but ultimately it was the customer's fault imo and the OP admitted as much I think.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re full of shit. Anytime I’ve ever ordered anything on direct TV it said exactly how much the price was in the screen. Yours said 49.95. Either you thought they fucked up and thought you had “scored” or you can’t read.

TV says pay me 49.99...... OK
TV then charges 49.99 on bill.

SCAMMED!