• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DirecTV and the new Sunday Ticket Rip Off

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I clicked the order button the screen said "Proceed to order NFL Sunday Ticket" to any other normal person they would think the were ordering NFL Sunday Ticket. It did not say "Order NFL Sunday Ticket for today only" You can call it whatever you want at the very least the order process was misleading.

I am a long term customer and often times people call in threatening to leave DirecTV if they do not get Sunday Ticket for free.....and they get it. I could do that very same thing because I intended to pay for it anyway....pay the $150 and move on. Well I am not doing that. It is the principle of the thing to be honest. I was not asking for anything free. I feel that they were misleading in this process and it was a scam. You don't have to agree with me. They don't have to make any changes to my account it is their right. I also don't have to do business with them and that is my right.

You’re full of shit. Anytime I’ve ever ordered anything on direct TV it said exactly how much the price was in the screen. Yours said 49.95. Either you thought they fucked up and thought you had “scored” or you can’t read.

You weren’t scammed. There is no principle issue here. You fucked up but you aren’t man enough to admit it. Instead you wanna blame direct tv for “scamming you”.

Sounds pathetic.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine auto renewed after I forgot to cancel.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re full of shit. Anytime I’ve ever ordered anything on direct TV it said exactly how much the price was in the screen. Yours said 49.95. Either you thought they fucked up and thought you had “scored” or you can’t read.

You weren’t scammed. There is no principle issue here. You fucked up but you aren’t man enough to admit it. Instead you wanna blame direct tv for “scamming you”.

Sounds pathetic.

You truly are a fucking moron who's only intent is to troll on these forums. Fuck off...

Activating the ignore feature.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds pathetic.

Mr Quixote, stop tilting at windmills. They aren't giants.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently Comcast for my internet and get 150mbps and it is fantastic. I have never had a single problem with it. In my house we do a lot of streaming my kids don't even watch TV and pretty much are on Netflix or Prime all the time. So they have Smart TV's in their room but no cable tv set up.

We just got 150 here at the office today actually....night and day compared to the 19 down were getting on wifi devices.

Fiber 1000 is supposed to support up to 10 devices at peak time....the most we've had going at peak was 8 I think...eehh...the TV out in the sunroom can be a little choppy when we do that but technically it is outside...I've been told I can add an extender, but it's not bad enough to be concerned about.

YouTube TV has been pretty good as a bundler...I've started down loading my own to the Roku Ultra whenever I see a free one that I like.

DirectNow is another paid bundler.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just got 150 here at the office today actually....night and day compared to the 19 down were getting on wifi devices.

Fiber 1000 is supposed to support up to 10 devices at peak time....the most we've had going at peak was 8 I think...eehh...the TV out in the sunroom can be a little choppy when we do that but technically it is outside...I've been told I can add an extender, but it's not bad enough to be concerned about.

YouTube TV has been pretty good as a bundler...I've started down loading my own to the Roku Ultra whenever I see a free one that I like.

DirectNow is another paid bundler.

In my house we normally have 3 devices going on at the same time (sometimes 4). My kids stream netflix constantly and sometimes my wife and I will binge watch some shows or pick new series to watch. I also am a gamer but do so less and less as I get older and I only play PC games....never been a fan of console gaming but my son is and he uses a PS4

I tend to attempt to get the max speed. I never use the wireless router that comes with whatever service I am subscribed. I alway use my own high end AC router and have to have a single stream buffer. Everything plays constantly.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You truly are a fucking moron who's only intent is to troll on these forums. Fuck off...

Activating the ignore feature.

Truth hurts. I get it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds awesome. I saw where you could order NFL Sunday ticket to stream without actually having DirecTv and to some that is fantastic. I also like the feature the NFL offers that you can stream all the games. While it is not until a day later it is good deal for football junkies because I believe it is only $99 a year.
Yes you can. If you have a smart TV you can download the app. I have it on my iphone, tv & laptops. Pretty much feels just like having DirecTV. Only drawback is not being able to see the primetime games via ST, and various other games on major TV networks. For those you need FOX, NBC, CBS, etc. Pretty sure Amazon Prime Instant Video gets you most of the TNF games. This is where my Verizon/NFL-app comes in handy. I can stream most of those games from my phone TNF, SNF, MNF and cast it to my TV. But the TV network games I have to stream illegally if my Steelers are in one of those games.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my house we normally have 3 devices going on at the same time (sometimes 4). My kids stream netflix constantly and sometimes my wife and I will binge watch some shows or pick new series to watch. I also am a gamer but do so less and less as I get older and I only play PC games....never been a fan of console gaming but my son is and he uses a PS4

I tend to attempt to get the max speed. I never use the wireless router that comes with whatever service I am subscribed. I alway use my own high end AC router and have to have a single stream buffer. Everything plays constantly.

Sounds like a heavy p0rn watcher.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past NFL Sunday Ticket was automatically subscribed unless I cancelled. This year for some reason that did not happen so in week 2 when I went to turn on the games it asked me if I wanted to order. Not giving it a second thought I went ahead and did so. Watched the games and did not give it a second thought. Well for two weeks after that I would run out to Jersey Mikes to get sandwiches before the game and be back just in time for kick off. For those not in the NE area..Jersey Mikes are great subsitutes for hoagies. My 17 year old son would have the game tuned in when I got home. No big deal right? Well apparently not. It appears we were ordering Sunday Ticket every week. My son was just clicking through the order every week not really paying attention…… 17 year old teenage boy who does not pay bills…..so the thought never occur to him to question….oh well.

This is how I caught it. I pay my bill every month on the 1st and after I paid my bill I still had a balance of more than $150. When I clicked on the details it said I was charged a $49.99 daily rate for NFL Sunday Ticket. So I called them and was told that is what the order was and I asked them what idiot pays $49.99 a week to watch football when Sunday Ticket is $299 total…… (apparently I am the idiot.)

Told the rep I am not paying that and I needed them to correct my bill. Set the order for NFL Sunday Ticket and remove those ridiculous daily charges. She said she can’t do that.

Comcast is coming out Tuesday to install Cable….. It will be a cold fucking day in hell before I pay DirecTV that bullshit charge.

I glossed over the main part of your post!

$49.99...I understand a 17 y/o not knowing exactly how the billing works on PPV type items, but normally you have to "accept" a charge so there is a conscious effort to do it. Secondly, if you watched games or saw that you could watch games that you ordinarily would not be able to get locally, that should've sent off a signal that you had a service that you don't normally have.

You do you, but for it to happen more than once, I can see why DTV took the position they did. Back to back weeks a customer accepted this daily rate for the Tkt now they don't want to pay for it.

Now if you never knew you had the Tkt for a day, I can understand, but even then, I'd probably bite the bullet and settle up with DTV and make my 17 y/o pay for it with chores or allowance or something...<10 lesson learned, but 17...should know better...DTV will probably send that little bill to collections and, blah, blah, blah, not worth the hassle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds awesome. I saw where you could order NFL Sunday ticket to stream without actually having DirecTv and to some that is fantastic. I also like the feature the NFL offers that you can stream all the games. While it is not until a day later it is good deal for football junkies because I believe it is only $99 a year.

I was thinking about the NFL Pass...you get the ALL22 feed which is nice...again...same principle as the TKT and cable...they're try to give me 16 games or whatever when I only really want to see one.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the NFL Pass...you get the ALL22 feed which is nice...again...same principle as the TKT and cable...they're try to give me 16 games or whatever when I only really want to see one.

But can you go from one to the another seamlessly and pick up where you left the other when you go back, and skip commercials and halftimes, etc?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can you go from one to the another seamlessly and pick up where you left the other when you go back, and skip commercials and halftimes, etc?

Yes, I think you can skip commercials, etc....supposedly under 50 min to watch a complete game.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I glossed over the main part of your post!

$49.99...I understand a 17 y/o not knowing exactly how the billing works on PPV type items, but normally you have to "accept" a charge so there is a conscious effort to do it. Secondly, if you watched games or saw that you could watch games that you ordinarily would not be able to get locally, that should've sent off a signal that you had a service that you don't normally have.

You do you, but for it to happen more than once, I can see why DTV took the position they did. Back to back weeks a customer accepted this daily rate for the Tkt now they don't want to pay for it.

Now if you never knew you had the Tkt for a day, I can understand, but even then, I'd probably bite the bullet and settle up with DTV and make my 17 y/o pay for it with chores or allowance or something...<10 lesson learned, but 17...should know better...DTV will probably send that little bill to collections and, blah, blah, blah, not worth the hassle.

I can see your point and the initial charge was my own and I accepted it thinking I was ordering Sunday Ticket. I had discussions with my son about what happened and that he should have thought to ask me first when he saw the additional charge but he was only doing what I asked technically. Yes he should applied some critical thinking to the process and we did have a long discussion about it. It also let me know that I needed him to learn more about these things before he goes off to college so I have decided to show him the breakdown of all the bills and how he should always verify.

I went out both weeks picking up sandwiches at the time and told him to make sure the game was on and start recording before I got back in case it took me longer than expected. While he should have thought more he did not decide on his own to make the purchase without asking permission. Now keep in mind that we have always had Sunday Ticket. We always had these channels and this was the third year consecutively of having Sunday Ticket. So he was used to us having the channles all the time.

My problem and position with DirectTv is that they should have been more customer service oriented. Some may disagree but that is my stance because it was not like I as asking them to wipe the charges. I just wanted them to charge me for NFL Sunday Ticket instead because that was my intent. I never heard of a daily charge for sunday ticket before and I did say we did make the orders. In the end they would still get money because NFL sunday ticket is $299 and that is all I asked. Their stance was they would not wave the fees and I would still have to pay the full price of Sunday Ticket if I wanted to continue. I can see the stance from a business perspective because we should not just expect business to waive fees for customer mistakes all the time. While I think the ordering process is misleading and it should have given the message that this was a one time fee I do get this is a business. But i also believe from a business standpoint you should make smart decision based on the bottome line. I was not asking DirectTv to give me something from free. I just wanted to pay the $299 for Sunday Ticket. My monthly bill for DirecTV is about $130 a month (choice package and HBO) so that is approximately $1560 a year. Added in Sunday Ticket and we are looking at $1850 and subscription fees each year. That is all going away over $150.

In the end I know I will eventually have to pay the $150 because it could come back to bite me in the ass and I would now want it to show up in collections and cause a ding on my credit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem and position with DirectTv is that they should have been more customer service oriented. Some may disagree but that is my stance because it was not like I as asking them to wipe the charges. I just wanted them to charge me for NFL Sunday Ticket instead because that was my intent.

In the end I know I will eventually have to pay the $150 because it could come back to bite me in the ass and I would now want it to show up in collections and cause a ding on my credit.

Okay...this is more clear. I'd clear the 17 y/o.

If you bubbled that up beyond just the customer service rep that answered the phone and they wouldn't allow you to just pay for a yr subscription instead of these day rates....I'd be ticked off as well.

But at the end of the day, your 1st and last sentence kind of line up...it was your fault, and you know you'll eventually have to pay that $150...live, learn, move one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch 5 in less time than it takes for one live.

And all this time I'm thinking you're hunkered down all day like I used to be.

I had the Tkt for a long time...my 1st house with the basement home theater, multiple TVs...NFL sunday started around 10a and ended about 11p or so...two neighbors would bring over beer and we'd grill...wife wouldn't see me much at all that day.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...this is more clear. I'd clear the 17 y/o.

If you bubbled that up beyond just the customer service rep that answered the phone and they wouldn't allow you to just pay for a yr subscription instead of these day rates....I'd be ticked off as well.

But at the end of the day, your 1st and last sentence kind of line up...it was your fault, and you know you'll eventually have to pay that $150...live, learn, move one.

Yup....exactly.

The thing is that this is clearly poor customer service practice from AT&T. When I previously had DirecTV there customer was the best I had ever seen. They were so customer oriented if you called them and told them you did not like the days weather they would give you a credit on your next bill.....LOL

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all this time I'm thinking you're hunkered down all day like I used to be.

I had the Tkt for a long time...my 1st house with the basement home theater, multiple TVs...NFL sunday started around 10a and ended about 11p or so...two neighbors would bring over beer and we'd grill...wife wouldn't see me much at all that day.

I never bothered with multiple TVs but I did utilize two VCRs. And a mirror network that let me view while on the crapper.....

But I am pretty much a dawn to dusk guy on Sundays. 10 AM to 9 PM or so. Solid. Usually 8 game minimum including the late game.