• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DirecTV and the new Sunday Ticket Rip Off

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past NFL Sunday Ticket was automatically subscribed unless I cancelled. This year for some reason that did not happen so in week 2 when I went to turn on the games it asked me if I wanted to order. Not giving it a second thought I went ahead and did so. Watched the games and did not give it a second thought. Well for two weeks after that I would run out to Jersey Mikes to get sandwiches before the game and be back just in time for kick off. For those not in the NE area..Jersey Mikes are great subsitutes for hoagies. My 17 year old son would have the game tuned in when I got home. No big deal right? Well apparently not. It appears we were ordering Sunday Ticket every week. My son was just clicking through the order every week not really paying attention…… 17 year old teenage boy who does not pay bills…..so the thought never occur to him to question….oh well.

This is how I caught it. I pay my bill every month on the 1st and after I paid my bill I still had a balance of more than $150. When I clicked on the details it said I was charged a $49.99 daily rate for NFL Sunday Ticket. So I called them and was told that is what the order was and I asked them what idiot pays $49.99 a week to watch football when Sunday Ticket is $299 total…… (apparently I am the idiot.)

Told the rep I am not paying that and I needed them to correct my bill. Set the order for NFL Sunday Ticket and remove those ridiculous daily charges. She said she can’t do that.

Comcast is coming out Tuesday to install Cable….. It will be a cold fucking day in hell before I pay DirecTV that bullshit charge.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck DirecTV with sand as lube.

So glad I finally shitcanned them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA!!

They prey on Chets.....

Come to Soviet Canuckistan. $199 in 4 easy payments for the whole year, cheap Canuckistanian bucks too. Not your pricey Excited States bucks.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moving from Directv to Comcast is like curing your Cancer with AIDS.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly .... i've got u-verse. they are actually pretty cool to work with. if they ever piss me off, i can switch to google fiber, which a lot of my friends have and say is great.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that is some funny shit. I don't watch a whole lot of TV and I have Comcast for my internet...it is the fastest service I can get and it has been very, very reliable for me the past 20 years. The new package is basically getting my Tv free.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly .... i've got u-verse. they are actually pretty cool to work with. if they ever piss me off, i can switch to google fiber, which a lot of my friends have and say is great.

AT&T owns DirecTV...... and I believe within the next few years all Uverse will be switched to DirecTv

I am not able to get Google Fiber yet in my neighborhood...... I probably will switch once I am for the sheer speed of it.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT&T owns DirecTV...... and I believe within the next few years all Uverse will be switched to DirecTv

I am not able to get Google Fiber yet in my neighborhood...... I probably will switch once I am for the sheer speed of it.

uverse is fiber optic, not satellite, so it's much more reliable and uverse's customer service is separate from directv. if directv's customer service takes over uverse's customer service, then i will probably have to leave because I don't have time to deal with bullshit.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uverse is fiber optic, not satellite, so it's much more reliable and uverse's customer service is separate from directv. if directv's customer service takes over uverse's customer service, then i will probably have to leave because I don't have time to deal with bullshit.

Oh I know Uverse is Fiber and not satelite.....I had Uverse before I switched back to DirecTv because they offered me a good deal and free NFL Sunday Ticket... It was then they told me that everyone is going to be switched to DirecTV.

I have Comcast for my internet because the max speed I can get from Uverse is 25mps which is ridiculous for a house built in 2006. I am just too far from the box......I am deep in my subdivision. They are updating the fiber and gigabit speed may be available in my area soon but who knows.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the best luck with Xfinity, but I can't have it in my current house so we have Uverse.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DirecTV has gone straight into the toilet since ATT bought them.

Their goddamned DVR box is getting worse and worse. The OS update is an assault to the eyes, the box takes longer from off, to actually watching tv, and there is some recurring bug that hasn't been fixed for the last year where your recorded shows disappear from your list for random periods of time.

I'm actually thinking of going back to Comcast, my only other option. That's pretty bad, I fucking hate Comcast.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know Uverse is Fiber and not satelite.....I had Uverse before I switched back to DirecTv because they offered me a good deal and free NFL Sunday Ticket... It was then they told me that everyone is going to be switched to DirecTV.

I have Comcast for my internet because the max speed I can get from Uverse is 25mps which is ridiculous for a house built in 2006. I am just too far from the box......I am deep in my subdivision. They are updating the fiber and gigabit speed may be available in my area soon but who knows.

ah ok, yes i've had people tell me uverse's speed isn't as good as others. i'm not a gamer, though, and my p0rrn videos stream pretty well without sticking so i'm ok with the speed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past NFL Sunday Ticket was automatically subscribed unless I cancelled. This year for some reason that did not happen so in week 2 when I went to turn on the games it asked me if I wanted to order. Not giving it a second thought I went ahead and did so. Watched the games and did not give it a second thought. Well for two weeks after that I would run out to Jersey Mikes to get sandwiches before the game and be back just in time for kick off. For those not in the NE area..Jersey Mikes are great subsitutes for hoagies. My 17 year old son would have the game tuned in when I got home. No big deal right? Well apparently not. It appears we were ordering Sunday Ticket every week. My son was just clicking through the order every week not really paying attention…… 17 year old teenage boy who does not pay bills…..so the thought never occur to him to question….oh well.

This is how I caught it. I pay my bill every month on the 1st and after I paid my bill I still had a balance of more than $150. When I clicked on the details it said I was charged a $49.99 daily rate for NFL Sunday Ticket. So I called them and was told that is what the order was and I asked them what idiot pays $49.99 a week to watch football when Sunday Ticket is $299 total…… (apparently I am the idiot.)

Told the rep I am not paying that and I needed them to correct my bill. Set the order for NFL Sunday Ticket and remove those ridiculous daily charges. She said she can’t do that.

Comcast is coming out Tuesday to install Cable….. It will be a cold fucking day in hell before I pay DirecTV that bullshit charge.

I've read complaints from a lot of long time Directv subscribers who were okay with their service until AT&T took over. My girlfriend has Directv and she claims they mislead her on pricing.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DirecTV has gone straight into the toilet since ATT bought them.

Their goddamned DVR box is getting worse and worse. The OS update is an assault to the eyes, the box takes longer from off, to actually watching tv, and there is some recurring bug that hasn't been fixed for the last year where your recorded shows disappear from your list for random periods of time.

I'm actually thinking of going back to Comcast, my only other option. That's pretty bad, I fucking hate Comcast.

I hate that shit. I just reset my DVR box and hope my recorded shows pop back up.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read complaints from a lot of long time Directv subscribers who were okay with their service until AT&T took over. My girlfriend has Directv and she claims they mislead her on pricing.

I used to work for Directv call center. Everything you said is 100% true.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to know. I thought about switching at one time for the benefits of bundling both AT&T phone service and Directv but with the stories I've come across the past couple of years I've been hesitant. I have been with Dish the past 10 years and haven't had any big issues with them other than their annoying sales pitches from time to time.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been with them for more than a decade. I LOATHE the though of going back to Comcast. But DirecTV no longer deserves my business, either.

May as well go with the one that gives me a bundle discount with my internet connection...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get fucked by Sunday Ticket AND you have to put up with Trump....

Yep putting up with the tax cuts & seeing a bigger paycheck over the last year or so has just been a nightmare.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I switched or thought I switched to at@t from Comcast last yr. Whoever I spoke to fucked up. The guy knocks on the door and has a at@t/directv shirt on. im in the house putting together furniture. I hear all this drilling going on outside. I think nothing of it. I walk outside about an hour later and the service dude drilled about 20 screws into the siding of my house and was setting up Directv. I was fuming