• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did we pull up?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game.

Saw 21 pts in the first quarter and then *poof*. Seems kinda fishy...

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game.

Saw 21 pts in the first quarter and then *poof*. Seems kinda fishy...

Lots of second and third team players got to see the field in the second half. Still searching for WR's. Shepard looked great, Neal did okay. I'm not sold on Bell at TE and was only targeted once. RB's looked good to me. Perrine was a beast and so was Alex Ross. Ford looks like the best pass catching RB we got. He took a huge hit and still held the ball on a seam route. Our LB depth is sketchy without Shannon and since one guy got ejected for targeting. (BS by the way, the QB slid down after he was in the air.) Was a little disappointed in the defense even though lots of second and third team guys were playing. Still thought we should have shut them out of the end zone at least. All and all not a bad start. Knight looked good but we have nobody behind him so he played the whole game. We need to get into game shape. Lots of the plays Tech got were due to our guys being winded in my opinion. On another positive Jordan Phillips was unblockable when he was on the field. His conditioning is all I am worried about. You can tell they have been taking it easy on him in camp. He would go in for a play or two and then go get a blow.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of ground and pound in the second half with lots of second and third stringers getting time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of second and third team players got to see the field in the second half. Still searching for WR's. Shepard looked great, Neal did okay. I'm not sold on Bell at TE and was only targeted once. RB's looked good to me. Perrine was a beast and so was Alex Ross. Ford looks like the best pass catching RB we got. He took a huge hit and still held the ball on a seam route. Our LB depth is sketchy without Shannon and since one guy got ejected for targeting. (BS by the way, the QB slid down after he was in the air.) Was a little disappointed in the defense even though lots of second and third team guys were playing. Still thought we should have shut them out of the end zone at least. All and all not a bad start. Knight looked good but we have nobody behind him so he played the whole game. We need to get into game shape. Lots of the plays Tech got were due to our guys being winded in my opinion. On another positive Jordan Phillips was unblockable when he was on the field. His conditioning is all I am worried about. You can tell they have been taking it easy on him in camp. He would go in for a play or two and then go get a blow.

Bell pancaked like 5 guys in the first half. He'll be fine at TE.

rinkinzep

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure must be nice to actually get the see the game live! I have to wait till Monday night to see the whole game, not the compressed 1 hr version.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams gets an A+

• Blocked Field Goal
  • Blocked Extra Point
  • Alex Ross had an 80yd Kick-off return
  • Hunnicutt went 2/2 with a long of 39 & 6/6 PAT
  • 7 Touch backs out of 9 kickoffs
  • Punt team didn't see much action but it was solid

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure must be nice to actually get the see the game live! I have to wait till Monday night to see the whole game, not the compressed 1 hr version.

Not for what I paid for tickets. :L

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to watch the coaches' show.

Trevor looked good except for that fumblerooski/partial pass.
COTDAM that Perine is beast! He's like Trey Millard with speed!
Nice to see Neal catch some balls, the younger guise need some more tennis ball training?
Blake did fine. I knew he wouldn't be targeted that often.

Defense was impressive, against a much weaker foe. Can't wait to see how they do as the competition ramps up.

Bob even said in his show that they closed the playbook early. Stated there wasn't any need to show all their cards.

Overall I'd give them a B+, but that's only because they didn't step on their necks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to watch the coaches' show.

Trevor looked good except for that fumblerooski/partial pass.
COTDAM that Perine is beast! He's like Trey Millard with speed!
Nice to see Neal catch some balls, the younger guise need some more tennis ball training?
Blake did fine. I knew he wouldn't be targeted that often.

Defense was impressive, against a much weaker foe. Can't wait to see how they do as the competition ramps up.

Bob even said in his show that they closed the playbook early. Stated there wasn't any need to show all their cards.

Overall I'd give them a B+, but that's only because they didn't step on their necks.

More than anything I wanted to see us play solid football instead of just out talenting them. I thought they did just that. Tennessee will be a good test. They'll get another chance to ramp up against Tulsa though. I like this team more than any I have since the 2008 team.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell pancaked like 5 guys in the first half. He'll be fine at TE.

You are probably right but every time they spotlighted him he was missing his blocking assignment. I wanted to see some of those tough catches over the middle we used to get from Gresham. Love seeing the TE used on seam routes and we haven't had that since Gresham went pro.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right but every time they spotlighted him he was missing his blocking assignment. I wanted to see some of those tough catches over the middle we used to get from Gresham. Love seeing the TE used on seam routes and we haven't had that since Gresham went pro.

I'm hoping we see a couple this weekend against Tulsa. I think it was Ross' first TD that Bell took his DE way outside and Flowers picked up the LB so Ross could just walk in. I think I could've scored on that play.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than anything I wanted to see us play solid football instead of just out talenting them. I thought they did just that. Tennessee will be a good test. They'll get another chance to ramp up against Tulsa though. I like this team more than any I have since the 2008 team.

this, no doubt. I'm happy, so far.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we see a couple this weekend against Tulsa. I think it was Ross' first TD that Bell took his DE way outside and Flowers picked up the LB so Ross could just walk in. I think I could've scored on that play.

Now this guy is a bright spot for sure. I remember him from last season but didn't he get hurt early? He looks like Millard but faster.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this guy is a bright spot for sure. I remember him from last season but didn't he get hurt early? He looks like Millard but faster.

Flowers is a true freshman that enrolled early.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched the whole first half live online, I stopped watching in the 2nd half when they started putting in the backups.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams gets an A+

• Blocked Field Goal
  • Blocked Extra Point
  • Alex Ross had an 80yd Kick-off return
  • Hunnicutt went 2/2 with a long of 39 & 6/6 PAT
  • 7 Touch backs out of 9 kickoffs
  • Punt team didn't see much action but it was solid

finally we can do this.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on Youtube if you want to catch it again....think I will right now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2dbY6EjWxw]OU vs Louisiana Tech 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run game looked great. Special teams very good. Shepard and Neal looked good in pass game. So did Ford. Bell helped with irrigation. Knight was ok....I like that he learned to slide. We need him. Both lines dominated. Back up receivers and DB's look like they need more time.

Didn't pull up so much in the game as put in lots of backups in the 2nd half. could've been 70-3 very easily.