• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did fans throw food at Bowman?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing with the popcorn is at the time IN THE GAME the ball was fumbled. Was it someone throwing 4 to 5 kernels of popcorn or was it people jumping up and down and lost a little? The camera did not pan up to see who it was. Heck it very well could have been an excited or pissed off 49er fan.

the whole throwing food thing was brought up by San Fran tv reporters to try and make Seattle look bad but they never showed who threw it and they did not explain at all that at the time an exciting thing was happening on the field.

Also the food actually was thrown at the man wearing the "SEATTLE" Jacket and hit him as he was going into the tunnel, So was it aimed at Bowman or the Man walking beside the cart in the Seattle Seahawks Jacket?

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whether or not there was someone actually dumping popcorn on him.... it's fucking popcorn. popcorn, not hot coffee or a bottle of water. popcorn. Really? Drama over a couple of kernels of popcorn? :L Wow, just wow.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to play devil's advocate here, what's the difference between someone throwing popcorn at an injured player and, say, an entire hamburger? Would one be considered acceptable, but not the other? And if so, why?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW REALLY!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scX0TltSi2U

All I read was articles and posts, but THAT'S what is generating the stir? Literally like ONE (and not exaggerating, it's fucking ONE) piece of popcorn hits him. Honestly looks like someone was jumping up and down and honest to god < 10 pieces of popcorn popped out. If you THREW or DUMPED the popcorn, there'd be a ton more.

Wow...... only 49ers and only sports media would make a story out of this. I guess because the Golden Boy Rodgers didn't go head to head against Peyton sports media is pissed and has to blow this and the whole Sherman thing out of proportion to get their ratings.

I HATE the injury that happened to Bowman (ACL and MCL ugh, bullshit) and I hope him the speediest recovery, but if 49ers fans ever bring this up again I lose even more respect for them.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. 5 kernels of popcorn from out of the stands fell around the cart and they act like he was pelted with trays of nachos, hotdogs, and open bottles of liquid.

Goes to show how the media can report something and make it look like an international incident took place, and then when you watch the video, it's a completely different story.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I always thought that was dumb. "_____ is out with a knee." Pretty sure he was just "in" with 2.

I read somewhere that Al Michaels started doing it because that's how it appears on injury reports and how teams talk about injuries. Teams want it to be as vague as possible so as not to give an opponent any sort of heads-up on the severity of the injury, and I get that. But from a broadcasting standpoint it just sounds dumb. If I recall correctly, Al Michaels was the first one to do it regularly, but he has said that he tries not to do it anymore. Unfortunately, it's so deeply ingrained in how broadcasters call games now that it might take a while for the habit to be broken completely. We don't necessarily need a detailed diagnosis, but it really doesn't take much effort to say "Player 'x' is out with a ______ injury" or "Player 'x' is out with an injury to his _____".

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to play devil's advocate here, what's the difference between someone throwing popcorn at an injured player and, say, an entire hamburger? Would one be considered acceptable, but not the other? And if so, why?

To be blunt, what difference does it make in this story? Why not start equating five popcorn kernals to a dozen hammers?

:gaah:

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ninerfans don't wanna hear about their STADIUM antics during week 6 vs. Arizona.
Arizona's DE Calais Campbel was being carted off the field for a back injury where he was down for almost 10 minutes. Candlestick Park did the wave.

STFU already Ninerfans.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWz9YZZS7qs]navorro bowman rips seahawks fans poster - YouTube[/ame]

I'd call it karma coming back to bite him in the ass. He rips up a sign from a fan not 10 feet away from where that popcorn falls on him over a year later. He's a fucking douche nozzle for doing that and I dare any of your fans to say otherwise.

Rip up signs from fans in the stands? Have some popcorn spilled on you. I'll let your own moral compass tell you which is worse. Seems clear to me.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
navorro bowman rips seahawks fans poster - YouTube

I'd call it karma coming back to bite him in the ass. He rips up a sign from a fan not 10 feet away from where that popcorn falls on him over a year later. He's a fucking douche nozzle for doing that and I dare any of your fans to say otherwise.

Rip up signs from fans in the stands? Have some popcorn spilled on you. I'll let your own moral compass tell you which is worse. Seems clear to me.

yeah Karma is real at least it is to me. When the Hawks started to win the game 49er fans started talking about how they hoped Seahawks players would get injured and were rooting for it in their game thread. Guess what happened? Bowman and Iupati get injured. Karma is real people.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Karma is real at least it is to me. When the Hawks started to win the game 49er fans started talking about how they hoped Seahawks players would get injured and were rooting for it in their game thread. Guess what happened? Bowman and Iupati get injured. Karma is real people.

Yeah, I read all that this morning. Disgusting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing came to mind. I read all of their posters wishing harm to our players and now some of those same ones are indignantly outraged over a couple of kernels of popcorn falling on their player. Just fucking amazing. Bring up karma over having popcorn falling on him compared to ripping up the sign of a fan not 10 feet away and they cuss at you and say he didn't deserve to get injured. As if I had said any such thing. Some sensitive damned people over there. No one wanted to see him injured. Wasn't our fans saying we wanted to see the other teams bus catch fire.

I guess we just need to accept that a base that already has quite a few unstable people are going to be highly irrational after just losing to us, but man I don't know how much patience we are supposed to have.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word 'all' gets thrown around much too liberally. I was ready to kick a door in last night when I saw the Sherman interview. After I had time to calm down, reflect and assess what was really going on, I realized the RS at least seems to have a reason to hate Crabtree. Stop lumping every single fan with another or a group of others, it's not fair and it's inaccurate.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word 'all' gets thrown around much too liberally. I was ready to kick a door in last night when I saw the Sherman interview. After I had time to calm down, reflect and assess what was really going on, I realized the RS at least seems to have a reason to hate Crabtree. Stop lumping every single fan with another or a group of others, it's not fair and it's inaccurate.

Kind of cuts both ways doesn't it? First of all when I said 'all' I was specifically referring to all of those SF fans who were wishing injury to our players, not that all fans were doing so.

Secondly, where is your outrage over many of your fans saying our fans are all (insert your favorite negative here such as dirtbags, thugs, etc) because of what Sherman said on TV? A couple of our posters say some crazy things here and there, but most of us keep it real and yet we are all painted with the same brush not because of what we say, but because of what one (ONE) of our teams players says. How is that fair?

This is how it all works online.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of cuts both ways doesn't it? First of all when I said 'all' I was specifically referring to all of those SF fans who were wishing injury to our players, not that all fans were doing so.

Secondly, where is your outrage over many of your fans saying our fans are all (insert your favorite negative here such as dirtbags, thugs, etc) because of what Sherman said on TV? A couple of our posters say some crazy things here and there, but most of us keep it real and yet we are all painted with the same brush not because of what we say, but because of what one (ONE) of our teams players says. How is that fair?

This is how it all works online.

It wasn't specifically directed at you. It's been routine and wide ranging. I said the same thing to them if you read my posts. They were calling all Seahawk fans classless and I defended you guys. Because of fans such as yourself.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't specifically directed at you. It's been routine and wide ranging. I said the same thing to them if you read my posts. They were calling all Seahawk fans classless and I defended you guys. Because of fans such as yourself.

Yeah, and I'm sure we have all been guilty of it at some times ourselves. You try to be fair and objective, but damn is that hard to do all the time isn't it? I think the best you can hope for is you can reason with most people and bring them off the ledge when they are having one of those days. Trust me, I get that some of your fans are out there on it. I know I'd be a pissed off bag of dicks if the game finished the other way so I get it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think many posters here had been polarized by the rampant trolling by more than a dozen 49er fans on ESPN. A fan base that went from constant losing for pretty much a decade to we have been great forever. How easily they forgot that Seattle has literally OWNED this division since being moved into it.

Sure the Seahawks don't have the history or rings but the History the Seahawks and their fans do have is one that created a massive bond between club and fan base. The Fans and the City of Seattle saved the Seahawks when a Californian tried to sneak them out of town late one night. The Fans and the City stood together and fought to keep there beloved team that this Californian ruined ON purpose to try and make them disinterested. It Did not work. His sabotage ruined a team that had been the most winningest expansion teams in NFL History. That's right No expansion team EVER had won as many games as fast as the Hawks ( Old expansion rules ). The team recognized the massive support they got from the fans and retired #12 for them because of the fact that they influenced games.

Seattle is the main reason replay is back. Seattle was the main reason the NFL tried to flag the crowed for noise and its the MAIN reason they ended up removing that stupid idea as the 12's would only get louder when they did throw a flag. The Seattle Seahawks fans like it or not have changed the landscape of the NFL for ALL TIME.

the 12th man Stood together and were heard LOUD AND CLEAR. They forced out that POS Californian and took back their team. The Hawks may not have the trophies but they have something even greater. A truly passionate fan base that is the loudest on the planet and no matter how bad they were they were always loved and followed. Our history may not have the bling but it is a rich one.

Loud and PROUD are the 12's

Last edited by a moderator:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think many posters here had been polarized by the rampant trolling by more than a dozen 49er fans on ESPN. A fan base that went from constant losing for pretty much a decade to we have been great forever. How easily they forgot that Seattle has literally OWNED this division since being moved into it.

Sure the Seahawks don't have the history or rings but the History the Seahawks and their fans do have is one that created a massive bond between club and fan base. The Fans and the City of Seattle saved the Seahawks when a Californian tried to sneak them out of town late one night. The Fans and the City stood together and fought to keep there beloved team that this Californian ruined ON purpose to try and make them disinterested. It Did not work. His sabotage ruined a team that had been the most winningest expansion teams in NFL History. That's right No expansion team EVER had won as many games as fast as the Hawks ( Old expansion rules ). The team recognized the massive support they got from the fans and retired #12 for them because of the fact that they influenced games.

Seattle is the main reason replay is back. Seattle was the main reason the NFL tried to flag the crowed for noise and its the MAIN reason they ended up removing that stupid idea as the 12's would only get louder when they did throw a flag. The Seattle Seahawks fans like it or not have changed the landscape of the NFL for ALL TIME.

the 12th man Stood together and were heard LOUD AND CLEAR. They forced out that POS Californian and took back their team. The Hawks may not have the trophies but they have something even greater. A truly passionate fan base that is the loudest on the planet and no matter how bad they were they were always loved and followed. Our history may not have the bling but it is a rich one.

Loud and PROUD are the 12's

I personally haven't forgotten that the Seahawks have controlled the division since moving over but one thing Seahawks fan's need to remember is that the Niners ownership basically pulled the cord in the early 2000's and were worse than an expansion team. The York's ruined the franchise until they finally let their son take over who actually got guidance from his uncle who controlled the team when they won 5 Super Bowls.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Salary cap in 1994, the Niners declined and have been pretty terrible until a few years ago. They won it all in 1994, but that team was built pre-cap. They figured it out somewhere in the mid-oughts and started building it back from the ground up. It took until Harbs to find the right coach/player/philosophy mix. Niners, Hawks, Cards and Rams are going to be very tough for a while.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how long any of our teams will be good. Seattle is going to have to pay their young stars and that is going to break up the band for sure and SF has a mix of youth and some age that cannot be ignored. They might have their own cap issues. In this era it's really hard to build and maintain a dynasty and that's the way the league wants it. If Carroll and JS keep on drafting as well as they have so far they can keep on reloading to some degree, but this really is our best shot at winning it all. I hope they are ready for it and leave nothing to chance.