• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dick Vitale Drinking Game

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to play. But easy to get drunk. Any time Dick says "Baby!", or rambles on and on about Duke in his ... "in need of a throat lozenge" voice; you get to take a shot.

But WARNING: You will be plastered WAY before the game even starts.:suds:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know where that douchebag has breakfast every Sunday morning in the off-season. In my dreams, somebody shows up there and shuts him up.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2005: (and a forum that evidently isn't allowed to be linked from here)

*It is strongly recommended that this game NOT be played if/when Dick is calling a Duke basketball game.

Rules:
#1 Head Dick
One (1) Head Dick must be selected for the group. The Head Dick should be knowledgeable of the Dick Vitale Universe, ie. Duke, Coach K, and all that is front-runner. The HD (or DH, if you prefer) shall be the final arbiter in all disputes and judgements, and shall be called simply Head Dick.

#2 Coach K
A) Anytime Dick mentions Coach K or Mike Krzyzewski, the first person to yell "I coach for relationships!" gets a pass, but all others must drink (3)
B) If Dick is calling a Duke game, and praises Coach K right after K has clearly dropped an F-bomb on a ref, the Head Dick must take a shot

#3 Duke
A) Each mention = drink (1)
B) "Cameron Crazies/Dukies": first mention = drink (1), second = drink (2), etc.
C) "What's not to love about Duke" = drink (3)
D) Shameless references to self as "Dukie Vitale" = Head Dick takes a shot

#4 Carolina
A) First mention = drink (1), second = drink (2), etc.
B) At every mention of "Jason Capel" the first to shout "Lottery Pick!" and do that hands-to-the-head thing he does gets their butt kicked, all else drink (1)
C) When Dick mentions Doh crying after the Wake game last season, any Carolina fans participating must make a choice:
1) Cut off his mullet and drink (10) OR
2) Keep his mullet, drink a shot, then cry

#5 Beautiful Wife
Each time Dick mentions his, or anyone's "beautiful wife" all female participants must drink (3)

#6 Hair
Every time Dick spouts off about someone's hair, such as:
"I'm so jealous of Billy Donovan's beautiful hairstyle," or "I'd do anything to have that head of hair (on Tom Izzo)" the baldest person in the room gets to hand out a shot

#7 Dickisms
All must drink (1) for any Dickisms (Head Dick shall govern):

"Diaper Dandy"
"Rolls-Roycer"
"PTP'er"
"Trifecta (Dick calls it Trifecter)"
"3-S's"
"Little Davey Odom"
and so on....

#8 My Buddy (or my friend/my guy)
Whenever Dick starts name dropping, ie. "My good friend Bob Knight," or "My buddy Brent Musburger," or "This morning I was talking to A-Rod again," drink (2)

#9 I Gotta Believe (or I truly/really believe)
Most commonly heard as "I really believe Jason Williams is one of the top point guards in the nation, college or pro," or "I gotta believe that North Carolina is going to be back" drink (1)

#10 Personal Agenda
Every time Dick starts harping on his personal agenda, such as eliminating the alternate possession or changing rules so that graduation rates are not impacted by transfers, the last person to yell "shut up Dick!" or "shut up Duke!" must drink (5)

#11 Michelangelo
When Dick whips out a dead horse from the past, such as "Dean Smith the Michelangelo of coaches,"or "Shane Battier for President," all drink (3), and the oldest participant hands out a shot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might play this game tonight. I plan on getting pretty drunk anyway, so it won't suprise me on how many times I will be drinking.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: Is Dicky V going to be on any of these broadcasts? He's a Worldwide Leader guy, isn't he?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: Is Dicky V going to be on any of these broadcasts? He's a Worldwide Leader guy, isn't he?

I actually like Vitale.

The guys is passionate, loves the sport, is knowledgeable about it, and gives back greatly to our youth. He is also 100% positive in all natures of his persona. How is that a bad thing?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure he's relegated to radio during the final 4.

Could be wrong though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah I forgot he does ESPN right??? So he won't be doing the later game

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I forgot he does ESPN right??? So he won't be doing the later game

yeah like I said I am almost positive he just does ESPN radio during the final 4 and championship.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Vitale.

The guys is passionate, loves the sport, is knowledgeable about it, and gives back greatly to our youth. He is also 100% positive in all natures of his persona. How is that a bad thing?

I like him in small doses. I love his passion and enthusiasm for the game. He's the polar opposite of Billy Packer who was nothing but a boring, overly critical killjoy, who made Bobby Knight's color commentary seem heartwarming.

Dick is a likable enough guy, but let's face it... he makes for a pretty easy target. (taking the high road and not making a one-eyed joke there)